The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do I know if I got a perfect Roe?

Davor
Davor
✭✭✭✭✭
Please correct me if I am wrong. Besides buying it the only way to get it, is by fishing and then filleting the fish correct? If so, how do I know if I got a perfect Roe? I am playing on PC with an Xbox Controller so the lay out looks like it's Xbox One. When I exit the screen in the bottom left of the screen all I see is 40 fish. I am sure I have filleted over 500 fish if not a 1000 with all my characters. Thing is, I can have it and not realize I have it.

If I have it, where would I find it? I checked the craft bag but it's just one long list and I could have missed it. Is it called Perfect Roe? I just like to know 1) how do I know when I get it and 2) if I have it, where to look for it.

Davor
Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Your character will glow golden for a moment while skinning fish, plus a happy sound
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing you could do is turn off auto add to craft bag while processing fish
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a provisioning mat.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you very much @coop500 .

*edit*

Also thank you @VaranisArano you typed this as I was thanking coop500. Didn't want to think I missed you. :)
    Edited by Davor on July 31, 2018 7:42PM

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my PC that looks like a PC the text announcement of a perfect roe appears above the inventory on the top right of the screen immediately one is created, and when I close the inventory window there's a list of what's been added to my inventory (in my case crafting bag which is set to auto add) at the bottom right of the screen.

Bear in mind that I don't use any addons, and those may alter the above, as of course may making your PC look like something else.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Tandor greatly appreciated. I have a few mods, so not sure if any of them would change my layout. Will keep my eye out for it.

• Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have the craft bag it's a provisioning mat. Just go into the craft bag, pick provisioning, and tell it to sort by name. Also, its icon looks like a stack of caviar. If you are watching your character when filleting then you get the light around you and the noise, you really can't miss it.

Perfect Roe is RNG, I've gotten three or four in just ten fish and I've not gotten even one in hundreds of fish. For some reason my low level toons seem to have better luck getting them.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone. I don't have it. I guess I will just have to keep fishing then and hope I will get it.

• Beruge
    Beruge
    ✭✭✭
    You will suddenly sell gold jewelry in Cyrodiil as a weekend job.
    My youtube channel: Beruge Casualgaming
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My longest stretch without a perfect roe was 1017 fish. My best stretch was 3 back to back and 5 out of 50 fish.

I try not to filet more than about 50 at a time. I have convinced myself that it results in more perfect roe but really it's about managing disappointment. If I filet a whole stack and don't get one I'm more upset that if I don't get one fileting 50.