Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thief mundus, is it better then apprentice?

JinMori
JinMori
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So, i did some calculations in the past but honestly, i didn't really understand some of the values, and apprentice seemed to be slightly ahead of thief, but in the current patch, would it be better to drop apprentice in favor of thief for classes like nb and templar, since they get and extra crit damage bonus?

Edited by JinMori on July 31, 2018 6:17PM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It really depends on your build. If you're not running a crit set or just want some more crit on top of the set Mother's Sorrow, it's fine. If you're running Mechanical Acuity, it's a bit redundant to run Theif.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • SammyFable
    SammyFable
    ✭✭✭✭
    People like to run Thief in Summerset Patch, because with (perfect) Siroria you already have plenty of spell damage, but a bit low crit.
    Obviously, if you don't have Siroria you can still use the Apprentice. And even with Siroria the difference isn't as noticeable as it once was.
    Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Tick Tock Terrorist Tormentor
    Immortal Memer
    Gryphon Heart
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    SammyFable wrote: »
    People like to run Thief in Summerset Patch, because with (perfect) Siroria you already have plenty of spell damage, but a bit low crit.
    Obviously, if you don't have Siroria you can still use the Apprentice. And even with Siroria the difference isn't as noticeable as it once was.

Basically this. Thief buffs more than apprentice, notably enchantments. The difference is fairly small and only more noticeable if you run perfect siroria.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i see, thanks
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most people are running the lover these days
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    I think most people are running the lover these days

Only on stamina. On magic characters, the best of the best are running thief.
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not have perfected siroria. I’ve been running nms, zaan or skoria, backback vma, and burning spellweave because as a mag nb, I seem to move around a bit and bsw is very very close to unperfected siroria. I have been running apprentice but am considering thief. Is it worth it?