The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why Stamina based have to PvP?

Lifsteinn
Lifsteinn
✭✭✭
Why Stamina based characters have to PvP to get their good skills while Magicka players at most, have to roam the map to grab books?
What if a Stamina based player want to PvE?

Wouldn't be better if PvP skills were focused in PvPing? And there was versions of those same Vigor and Caltrops in PvE skill lines?
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not? Repairing walls isn't especially more boring than roaming the map for books.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lifsteinn wrote: »
    Why Stamina based characters have to PvP to get their good skills while Magicka players at most, have to roam the map to grab books?
    What if a Stamina based player want to PvE?

Wouldn't be better if PvP skills were focused in PvPing? And there was versions of those same Vigor and Caltrops in PvE skill lines?

I feel your pain here but it’s much easier than it used to be. Just surf with a Zerg for a few hours and you’ll get vigour caltrops no problem. It used to take weeks.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caltrops is a PVP skill. Its the only game mode where you will ever face mounted player enemies.

Vigor makes sense as a PVP skill, since its the only content aside from Maelstrom which is designed for stam players to maybe not have a healer in their group.

So, yeah, if Stamina players want PVP skills so they can use them in PVE, you have to come to PVP. Just like if tanks and healers want Warhorn, they have to come PVP.

And no, ZOS isn't likely to give you PVE versions. Why not? Because ZOS loves to get PVE players to try out PVP and vice versa. They are thrilled that PVE players have decided that they need some PVP skills.

Go repair walls if you hate to PVP, you'll get double AP for doing it right now.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those skills help you a lot in end game PvE as well. I think it's a good design they put things you need in various places in the game, since it introduces you to those parts of the game. If players try something, they may like it and stick around for longer.

The PvP skills are not the ones in the AvA skill lines. If you PvP for a longer time you start picking up much more important skills such as: timely block, roll dodge, get out of stupid (especially on no-CP because those oils and catapults will tear you up), learn to manage resources and time your burst. And all is basically free, since your gear doesn't get damaged and you don't pay to repair it. Also the worst thing that can happen is to respawn at the nearest base and get back into the fight in 1 minute.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess you mean about Vigour + Caltrops?
    Healers also need to PVP too, for Three skills

Barrier Ultiis very useful in some fights.
    Efficient purge is a must have (most magika DPS might also be expected to run this at end game in certain encounters)
    Aggressive Horn - must have for PVE healers

Honestly, the 'man' isn't out to get you :)
    Do your 3 hours of PVP and you'll have everything unlocked before you know it.

And I 'might' just even slightly agree with you, If as a PVPer I could open up my Psijic skill-line without having to ever leave Cyrodii....and you know what! Cyrodiil is base-game!
    I have to Pay to open up a skill-line that is useful to me for PVP. Yeeesh.

• Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s really not hard to get them these days.. just follow a group around for a couple hours and you’re basically done
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stovahkiin wrote: »
    It’s really not hard to get them these days.. just follow a group around for a couple hours and you’re basically done

With the PvP event going on it's even easier
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went into Cyrodiil to get those skills, and I never left! I don’t know how many people have told me that they had the same experience.
  • TheStealthDude
    TheStealthDude
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would much, MUCH rather do some PvP, even when getting my butt handed to me, than ride around collecting books.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because the skills stamina players use in PvE are PvP-oriented skills, re-purposed for trials. Mag toons also have to get the PvP skills warhorn, barrier, purge etc. for their PvE, so not sure what you're on about here.