The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Largest fire furnishing?

Doctor_Goblin
I'm looking to fill an area around 10'x10' with as much fire as I can, so I need the items that cover the largest area with flames.

There's firepits on the crown store for 80 crowns, but that adds up fast. Also the dark elf bed of coals would help but I'd have to buy a whole house to get it.

Is there something like a giant brazier that I could layer up? I have some brotherhood braziers that are ok but not enough.
  • Luthid
    Luthid
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the New Life bonfire?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen the dark elf bed of coals furnishings for sale on guild stores, but its usually quite expensive.I find that daedric braziers tend to have small but bright flames.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    khajiit firepit or redguard firepit, stone?

The high elf brazier, winged is also pretty large.
  • Doctor_Goblin
    The khajiit firepit is cheap but has too much stuff on top of the flame, I couldn't have the look of a large fire. The redguard one is maybe the best craftable option but is over 100k, I might have to just get it.

The new life bonfire is nice but that's a long way off.

ok thanks guys, gotta weigh some options :)
  • Madhattr64
    Madhattr64
    ✭✭✭
    The khajiit firepit is cheap but has too much stuff on top of the flame, I couldn't have the look of a large fire. The redguard one is maybe the best craftable option but is over 100k, I might have to just get it.

I still have the quest to get the achievement that allows you to buy the bonfire.
    Look for me in game. NA server pc version and I can share it. @Madhattr64

• Enokariel
    Enokariel
    ✭✭✭
    What platform and server you are on? PM me on EU PC @Enokariel I have the bonfire opened.
  • sozo108
    sozo108
    ✭✭✭
    Madhattr64 wrote: »

I still have the quest to get the achievement that allows you to buy the bonfire.
    Look for me in game. NA server pc version and I can share it. @Madhattr64

I would also love to have that quest please for the bonfire if you don't mind. I can PM you in game. @sozo108
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New life bonfires are bound to account unfortunately - as you need to have completed the achievement yourself.
    You don't however need to wait until new life festival to buy them, if you have already completed the achievement previously, just head to a city holiday event furnisher.

The 'best' fires do seem to be locked behind crowns, or at least the best ones for what you are looking for.

Alternatives are the:
    Redguard fire pit - Octagons don't naturally 'inter-lock' so you would have little diamond shaped gaps between them.
    Valenwood Brazier - Cheap, Non-Crafted Acheivement item - has some additional pointy Woodelf decoration bits though
    Orcish Brazier smouldering - would need sinking below the ground surface but could work well

There is also the Hagraven couldron if you wanted green flames
    And you could maybe make 'fake fire' using some of the enchanted lights - or at least fill in any gaps with something like the Tanzelwil stones.
  • Madhattr64
    Madhattr64
    ✭✭✭

[/quote]

I would also love to have that quest please for the bonfire if you don't mind. I can PM you in game. @sozo108[/quote]

I am online now.
  • sozo108
    sozo108
    ✭✭✭
    Madhattr64 wrote: »

I would also love to have that quest please for the bonfire if you don't mind. I can PM you in game. @sozo108[/quote]

I am online now. [/quote]

Sorry I was afk. I just got on and will be on all evening. Thanks!
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFAIK you won't be able to complete that Quest without it actually being New Life Festival.

Objectives
    Travel to Cub's Tumble (in Windhelm, north of Eastmarch)
    Leap from Cub's Tumble into the water
    Warm yourself at the Cub's Tumble bonfire
    Travel to Horker's Drop (the bridge leading into Windhelm, north of Eastmarch)
    Leap from Horker's Drop into the water
    Warm yourself at the Horker's Drop bonfire
    Travel to Dead Man's Fall (west from Windhelm, near Voljar Meadery Wayshrine)
    Leap from Dead Man's Fall into the water
    Warm yourself at the Dead Man's Fall bonfire
    Return to Breda
    Talk to Breda

I wouldn't think that the NPC you hand the quest into would be active outside of the event.
    And not sure if the Bonfires that you warm yourself at are active either. But I guess you could easily check on both of those.

If you completed the quest previously on a character, you don't need to wait until New Life Festival, you can just purchase the Fire straight from the achievement vendor any time of the year.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You are correct - it won't work. I go by that bonfire all the time and it's lit but non-functional and all the NPCs are gone. The jumping off places are also not active outside the festival.