The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Phoenix set

OneWarlord001
Should I invest in this? Anybody using it? Got the Tel Var but I am not sure if I should invest.
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In most occasions you just die again.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this was one of the very first proc sets I ever used - saved me countless times in both pve and pvp situations...

I haven't worn it in years - but, definitely a fun set to try out...

you have to combo the set with immovable pots and streak or mist form to really be a pain to other players...

probably better suited to a more open field environment like cyrodiil than battlegrounds...

oh yeah - depending on your alliance - the set looks way cool too...

I have the gear, just haven't done it yet...I'd like to try combining the phoenix set with the dreamers set...

make folks really happy when they finally kill me :)
    Edited by geonsocal on July 30, 2018 7:30PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's worth having a second set to swap it out with during the 10 minutes of cooldown.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only had it happen once - but, maybe my all time favorite pvp memory - the phoenix explosion actually killed someone in a 1v1...

it was glorious...

Phoenix Set
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (5 items) When you die, you instead become immune to all negative effects and healing for 3 seconds. When the effect ends, you heal for 17200 Health and explode for 8600 Flame Damage to all enemies within 8 meters. This effect can occur once every 10 minutes.

this is a pic of the ebonheart alliance style - the light style is on the right...
    EP-Style.jpg
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Useful for Dragon Bones dungeon achievements :D
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is all you need to know about the Phoenix set.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it pretty useless in PVP. Can definitely help with deathless runs in PVE though.
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    useless set. try to invest in something to boost your stats instead.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • OneWarlord001
    Appreciate the feedback.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appreciate the feedback.

well, ya gonna pick it up, or, skip it?
    :)
  • OneWarlord001
    I will try it. Many of my one v one are close. I win about half. If I explode and gain my health I can increase the amount of wins. Might surprise people in battlefields. I will up it to purple.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I will try it. Many of my one v one are close. I win about half. If I explode and gain my health I can increase the amount of wins. Might surprise people in battlefields. I will up it to purple.

You won't surprise anybody more than once, and probably not at all. While you play dead, they can buff up and get ready to kill you again. See the video above in post #7. Check out Imperial Physique instead for a situational set that works if you want to spend tel var.

Also think, a 5 piece is usually pretty powerful, do I want a 10 minute cooldown when everyone else waits minutes or seconds to cooldown theirs?
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

coolio :)

make sure to have some pots quickslotted - the alliance health draught also provides immovable, which will assist in getting away and resetting the fight, the spell draught will help you shield up and stay shielded...

sometimes you're going to be surrounded - and, no matter how much exploding and turning in to a statue you do, it won't help...more frustrating - you have to wait another 10 minutes for it to be ready to use...

however, in small scale, or, zerg situations - you will be fine, just have a plan for what you'll do when you stop being a frozen statue...

cuz my mag sorc is wearing 7 light, and, i'm not always spamming shields - i found this set helped out more than a few times with snipe spammers...somehow good bow users seem to know when you're riding a low health toon and your shields are down :s
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    This is all you need to know about the Phoenix set.

Lol. That is the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread!!! Well done!

"For the cowards who know they will die. You will die twice!"