The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should the delay on Mage's Fury (and morphs) be removed in favor of becoming undodgeable?

JXNwarrior
JXNwarrior
✭✭✭
I've felt for awhile that the delay execute mechanic on Mage's Fury (and morphs) is a bit unbalanced for PvP. This, and the recent issue with it in BG's (killstealing from other teams) has me wondering what the forum thinks about removing the delay mechanic. IMO the delay essentially turns an execute ability into a fire-and-forget 20% health debuff that becomes problematic in any situation that invites other players or buggy mechanics to proc the execute explosion. My suggestion is to remove the delay from both morphs and make them undodgeable but blockable. This should offset the effects of removing the delay execute by giving Sorcs a more reliable on-demand execute and synergize it with Rune Cage which will be dodgeable but unblockable. I've included some other options as well so please vote and comment with your thoughts/reasoning below.
Edited by JXNwarrior on July 30, 2018 2:29PM
PC NA 300 CP
PS4 NA 1200+ CP

Should the delay on Mage's Fury (and morphs) be removed in favor of becoming undodgeable? 30 votes

Remove the delay on base skill and morphs, and make them undodgeable but blockable
10%
Sanctum74huschdeguddzjeJXNwarrior 3 votes
Remove the delay on the magicka return morph, but leave the base skill and other morph as is
3%
Minalan 1 vote
Simply remove the delay on the base skill and both morphs and nothing else
13%
Bobby_V_RockitSky_WKNoszetSwimguy 4 votes
Leave as is
63%
SqcNicko_LpsAztlanOreyn_BearclawXvorgApheriusWreckfulAbandonBeardimusbardx86GrigorijMalahevichKadoinhakangetemshaunaFearAndPatchingak_pvpTheUndeadAmuletKingslayer513JobooAGSPhiathornsyldol 19 votes
Other (please specifiy)
10%
DeadlyRecluseSleep724shinikaze 3 votes
  • shinikaze
    shinikaze
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please specifiy)
    Delayed, undodgeable execute ability is fun but not balanced enough, luckily they have that pasive execute to compensate.

Remove both the delay and make it dodgeable and blockeable, I don't mind if they raise the cap to 25%
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave as is
    Seriously so now people suddenly have an issue with Mages Wrath?? The Sorc hate is becoming dull, that's literally every skill they have, as well as any generic skill they could access that someones whined about now.

Sure in BG DM sorcs help your team win. You need 1 in your setup. The obly people that get hurt are opening as they want more kills (which mean nothing, team win means something)

Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shinikaze wrote: »
    Delayed, undodgeable execute ability is fun but not balanced enough, luckily they have that pasive execute to compensate.

Remove both the delay and make it dodgeable and blockeable, I don't mind if they raise the cap to 25%

@shinikaze

And have it scale to stronger %s as the target gets weaker? If so then it's a carbon copy of killers blade and boring. If not increasing in strength as the target gets weaker then it's a worse version of killers blade.

I'm all for changing the ability, but let's not increase the blandness of class separation...

How about giving it a flat value at 25% and lower, and giving it a debuff since Sorcs lack in that area anyway. Major breach would be nice :wink:

Major breach would probably be OP but as previously stated you don't want a carbon copy of killers blade and you shouldn't nerf it without compensation otherwise it's just a mediocre execute that doesn't synergize with the class.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm for increasing its base damage at the expense of execute damage.. let it be useable as a spammable - less dmg than cs, but saves a slot.

Or at least that's what I'd have said before they made duel-wield pointless... Now I dunno. Often don't even slot it due to lack of space.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave as is
    You need a poll option to buff Mage's Fury B)
  • Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭
    Simply remove the delay on the base skill and both morphs and nothing else
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Seriously so now people suddenly have an issue with Mages Wrath?? The Sorc hate is becoming dull, that's literally every skill they have, as well as any generic skill they could access that someones whined about now.

Sure in BG DM sorcs help your team win. You need 1 in your setup. The obly people that get hurt are opening as they want more kills (which mean nothing, team win means something)

LOLOL so its okay that you "need a magsorc" to win battlegrounds now...... honestly forums are just full of magsorc noobs.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please specifiy)
    Rebalance scoring in BGs around existing mechanics, don't rebalance mechanics to fit BGs.

...the sorc execute, while strong, is super distinctive and unique--and making more things undodgeable just unduly handicaps certain specs.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave as is
    Rebalance scoring in BGs around existing mechanics, don't rebalance mechanics to fit BGs.

...the sorc execute, while strong, is super distinctive and unique--and making more things undodgeable just unduly handicaps certain specs.

This!
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Leave as is
    No more nerfs, please.

Mage wrath is perfect as it is
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy