The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mag Sorc Pet, new player question. Should I use poison on my staffs or not?

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
I've googled this question and searched the site no luck so far. I'm magsorc with pet, at first I was using poisons then noticed that the stats say applying poisons negates the enchantment effects on weapons so I stopped. I'm running Julionos stave with fire enchant. What is recommended poison or no poison. It's probably a question that's been beaten to death but I can't find the answer.
Edited by Veinblood1965 on July 30, 2018 2:06PM
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Shock enchant on a fire staff and vice versa
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posions are really for Melee Weapons. Staves are Magic weapons.

Best Enchants are either the same as the staff type (Lightening or Flame), or the increased damage glyph, especially if you have the Infused trait on the Staff. Although Precise and Sharpened are excellent destro staff traits too.
    Edited by Nestor on July 30, 2018 7:48PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You will see a lot of builds for summerset show that you should have something like infused front bar fire/shock enchant and infused back bar weapon dmg. In the wolfhunter DLC patch you are going to want to swap them.

Front bar you will have different options, but back bar will always have a fire/shock/absorb magicka infused enchant because it will proc off of wall of elements no matter what bar you are on, so there will be a little shift in meta to be mindful of. Check out recent patch notes or my forum post on this i made 2+ weeks ago.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on July 30, 2018 7:57PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info on the poison. I'm still so new I just started using both bars this last week so that was helpful also.
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest if you are a pet sorc i would recommend going with a fire enchant to proc iilambris reliably since shock for a sorc is not an issue. Assuming you have iilambris though lol.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest if you are a pet sorc i would recommend going with a fire enchant to proc iilambris reliably since shock for a sorc is not an issue. Assuming you have iilambris though lol.

No iilambris yet, although it's on my list. That's been the fun part for me is finding out where and how to obtain upgraded armor and them pursuing each piece.
  • stevenskeens_ESO
    Nope, if your a mag sorc use a shock glyph and an infused staff.