Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting stations packs

DanteYoda
DanteYoda
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Could we possibly get a crown store pack of crafting stations and transmutation for our homes.. I'd easily drop 5k crowns on crafting stations set for my house.. No way i can afford them in game and i have no clue even how people purchase them in game outside of traders..
Edited by DanteYoda on July 30, 2018 12:54AM
  • Jazdia
    Jazdia
    ✭✭✭
    If you don’t want to spend gold on them you have to do Master Writs. The vouchers earned will pay for the table(s). More expensive for an attunable station. The basic ones (apart from outfit) don’t cost too many writs.

Getting writs (unless buying) and completing them can take forever. Hence why many players just spend the gold on them.
  • strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can max alchemy and provisioning in 30 minutes each and it does not take long to get enough master writs just from these two to pay for stations. One good provisioning master writ will just about cover the cost of a single station.
  • Jazdia
    Jazdia
    ✭✭✭
    @strangeradnd you must be very lucky then. My max level provisioned/alchemist hardly ever gets alchemy writs. When they do they’re generally for 7 or less writs.

Oh well, slow grind for me.
  • Alkapton
    Alkapton
    ✭✭✭
    When I only had one character I rarely got master writs. Now I am leveling 7 more chars. So far only 3 can get master writs, but already after a couple of days I have loads of them. So I really recommend getting some extra chars, just let them have hireling and material level passives, lab use is useful for alchemy. A level 50, CP 160+ char, is great for farming stuff to level craft skills for chars that are.

My main farms then banks all the gear, jewlery and glyphs, my low level chars don't even need to visit the banker, they just deconstruct stuff. Jewlery takes longest, leveling enchanting is also slow this way, but clothier, blacksmith and woodworking can all be leveled in a day comfortably. Its way quicker than stealing gear to deconstruct. Tiger hunting in the Rift is great for this.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You guys must have a lot of disposable cash to be able to level all these crafts to max in a day.. I have 7 characters two with max blacksmith woodworking and clothing and its taken me 4 months to get that..

I have just over 200k saved from 4 months playing 8 hours a day.

How does one even start a master writ?
    Edited by DanteYoda on July 30, 2018 4:14AM
  • Jazdia
    Jazdia
    ✭✭✭
    The Master Writs look like a book. Hover over them first to see if you want to do it. If you do, ‘use’ it and a quest will come up.

Once finished you’ll have to visit Master Hlaluu for your faction. I know of 2 locations: Elden Root and Mournhold.

This should help: https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Master+Writs
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jazdia wrote: »
    The Master Writs look like a book. Hover over them first to see if you want to do it. If you do, ‘use’ it and a quest will come up.

Once finished you’ll have to visit Master Hlaluu for your faction. I know of 2 locations: Elden Root and Mournhold.

I think they are a little beyond me at this time, i have trouble doing normal writs.
  • strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are looking to max out woodworking, black smith and clothier I strongly recommend farming public dungeons for gear to deconstruct. You may be surprised by how fast you can level up crafting skills this way, of course that is dependent on the gear level so you need to use a cp160 character to maximize the effectiveness.

As for leveling alchemy use a guild to learn all the traits first, this saves a lot of time and trouble, then mix 2 ingredient potions being sure to level up when you can and making sure to make stronger potions each time. Don't waste materials making 3 ingredient potions as their in no gain in the return.

Level provisioning quickly by just making recipes and leveling as you go, Don't use purple recipes as they are not worth the extra ingredients.

These things will level you up quickly and cheaply. Sadly the other two take time no matter what you do.
  • strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭
    @strangeradnd you must be very lucky then. My max level provisioned/alchemist hardly ever gets alchemy writs. When they do they’re generally for 7 or less writs.

Oh well, slow grind for me.

I've been lucky on the provisioning most of my writs have been max level, of course the cost in gold mats to fill them sucks.
  • strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »

I think they are a little beyond me at this time, i have trouble doing normal writs.

You need to be level 50 in the skill and have put enough points into the skill level to max it to obtain master writs, they are randomly received when you turn in your daily writs.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are looking to max out woodworking, black smith and clothier I strongly recommend farming public dungeons for gear to deconstruct. You may be surprised by how fast you can level up crafting skills this way, of course that is dependent on the gear level so you need to use a cp160 character to maximize the effectiveness.

As for leveling alchemy use a guild to learn all the traits first, this saves a lot of time and trouble, then mix 2 ingredient potions being sure to level up when you can and making sure to make stronger potions each time. Don't waste materials making 3 ingredient potions as their in no gain in the return.

Level provisioning quickly by just making recipes and leveling as you go, Don't use purple recipes as they are not worth the extra ingredients.

These things will level you up quickly and cheaply. Sadly the other two take time no matter what you do.

I've already maxed out those three crafts..
  • Jazdia
    Jazdia
    ✭✭✭
    If you’ve maxed those crafts, how’s your trait research going? I read somewhere that you’re more likely to receive Master Writs with the more traits you’ve learned.

Also, don’t forget to learn motifs! Styles are very important for the crafting (woodworking, blacksmithing, clothier) writs.

Oh, I’m on the PC EU server with same name. If you need items for trait research I’m willing to help if you send me mats.
    Edited by Jazdia on July 31, 2018 1:23AM
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you’ve maxed those crafts, how’s your trait research going? I read somewhere that you’re more likely to receive Master Writs with the more traits you’ve learned.

Also, don’t forget to learn motifs! Styles are very important for the crafting (woodworking, blacksmithing, clothier) writs.

Oh, I’m on the PC EU server with same name. If you need items for trait research I’m willing to help if you send me mats.

My blacksmith is 10/10 Woodworking 10/10 Clothing is 10/10 i can research up to three items on each but the rest is empty because i needed the skills to play.
  • Jazdia
    Jazdia
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like you need to do a few Skyshard runs to get extra skill points. Time is a pain when researching traits.

I’ve been really lazy and I’m just now finishing off all my crafting traits. I have a month to go and every trait for blacksmithing, woodworking and clothing will be done. To do that it’s taken me just over 12 months.

Good luck!