The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Last Straw

Datolite
Datolite
✭✭✭✭✭
I can take the lag. I can take the horse simulator. I can tolerate the infinite load screens even in moderation.

But when your game crashes so hard it RESETS ALL MY SETTINGS

INCLUDING MY ADD-ONS

I quit. Sticking to BGs from now on. Good luck in that coder's wasteland that is known as Cyrodiil.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why don't you just set the settings files to read-only?
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea. Lock that ish down.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Why don't you just set the settings files to read-only?

Or better yet, have a backup copy of the settings.txt file?
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Or simply reload UI after making the changes you wanted.
    Seems a bit simpler :p
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or simply reload UI after making the changes you wanted.
    Seems a bit simpler :p

I don't think you read me right.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or make sure you didn't load into a temporary Windows Profile after the crash. This sounds like an issue outside of the game. Check your drive's health too.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have you reset your router?
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please make sure you have a valid internet connection.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure your Windows updates are all in order.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the Sorcs right? They overloaded your settings file

Nerf em!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    It's the Sorcs right? They overloaded your settings file

Nerf em!

4368c511c91bd50bfbd26db455cda119.jpg
  • Rillawenria
    Do what I did.

Open your inventory. Unlock everything in there. Unlock and unequip your equipped set. Go into your craftbag and retrieve as many items as you can hold in your inventory.

Now, right-click on the top-most item, select Destroy.

Do this for everything in your inventory, when it is empty, return to your craftbag and continue retrieving and destroying everything in there. Do the same for everything in your bank. Once you've destroyed everything, logout to the character screen and Delete that character. Do the same for any alts you may have. WHen you are out of deletes, wait for the cooldown to finish and continue Deleting Everything.

Now, you will not be able to change your mind and start playing again, and are free to find another, superior product to enjoy.

All the legendary Berserking Warrior, Briarheart, Morag Tong, Ravaging gear that took me months to farm, all the crafting research, up in smoke! It was exhilarating! Now I can go and play a game that will actually be a rewarding experience.

I came to the realization today that I am ethically opposed to games that take this much time and work to master. I don't want to wait 2 or 6 or 8 months to unlock research progress, or mount upgrades, to get that final piece of gear to drop in the trials. It's a chore, it's something this company should be paying ME to do. In the end, all the hard work would be undermined anyways by the fact that the servers lag so bad I can't even land a single light attack even when there's a swarm of players milling around directly in front of my character; drop a Dawnbreaker of Smiting on 6 players and no one gets CC'ed or a single tick of the DoT. This game is for people living in regions adjacent to the servers; if you don't, you'd be better of cutting ties and not wasting any more time or effort on this company's product.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like that pesky System32 is at it again :trollface:
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Server attacks cannot be blocked or roll dodged, I’m afraid
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do what I did.

Open your inventory. Unlock everything in there. Unlock and unequip your equipped set. Go into your craftbag and retrieve as many items as you can hold in your inventory.

Now, right-click on the top-most item, select Destroy.

Do this for everything in your inventory, when it is empty, return to your craftbag and continue retrieving and destroying everything in there. Do the same for everything in your bank. Once you've destroyed everything, logout to the character screen and Delete that character. Do the same for any alts you may have. WHen you are out of deletes, wait for the cooldown to finish and continue Deleting Everything.

Now, you will not be able to change your mind and start playing again, and are free to find another, superior product to enjoy.

All the legendary Berserking Warrior, Briarheart, Morag Tong, Ravaging gear that took me months to farm, all the crafting research, up in smoke! It was exhilarating! Now I can go and play a game that will actually be a rewarding experience.

I came to the realization today that I am ethically opposed to games that take this much time and work to master. I don't want to wait 2 or 6 or 8 months to unlock research progress, or mount upgrades, to get that final piece of gear to drop in the trials. It's a chore, it's something this company should be paying ME to do. In the end, all the hard work would be undermined anyways by the fact that the servers lag so bad I can't even land a single light attack even when there's a swarm of players milling around directly in front of my character; drop a Dawnbreaker of Smiting on 6 players and no one gets CC'ed or a single tick of the DoT. This game is for people living in regions adjacent to the servers; if you don't, you'd be better of cutting ties and not wasting any more time or effort on this company's product.

Whoa. I mean I'm giving up on Cyrodiil, not the game. Also, it just sounds to me like MMOs might not be your thing. Hate to break it to you but all of them have an element of grind. and ESO's is actually on the lower end of that scale.

Also, maybe you should not be on these forums? Just a thought.
  • Rillawenria
    Whoa. I mean I'm giving up on Cyrodiil, not the game. Also, it just sounds to me like MMOs might not be your thing. Hate to break it to you but all of them have an element of grind. and ESO's is actually on the lower end of that scale.

Also, maybe you should not be on these forums? Just a thought.

There's nothing interesting in the game to me outside of PvP. The dungeons and trials are entertaining for a short time, but after running CR at least a hundred times, I was cringing at the thought of having to it over again for the perfected gear, same with vHRC for the berserking gear, after farming that for weeks I couldn't stand that anymore.

So after working for so long to get some PvP sets for my stamplar I discover that it was all pretty much for naught as I couldn't even land 90% of my light or heavy attacks, a significant proportion of the time I couldn't get roll dodges or break frees or bar swaps to activate, or land any hits with my AoE's, even when all these things clearly should have had some effect on enemies.

The lag is probably also why my ICD's seemed weirdly long compared to rotations I was seeing on YouTube, and why I was having such trouble determining when my skills were activating, which was preventing me from getting any parses over 30K.

Just massive, crushing disappointment as I think the combat system is one of the best I have ever seen in any game, such potential in this game, but completely hamstrung by a hobbled infrastructure and adherence to what I view as an outdated design philosophy.