Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you think we will ever see The Night Mother or Sithis in this game?

geekboy09
geekboy09
✭✭✭✭
I am just wondering because I’m a big fan of The Dark Brotherhood.
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Night Mother, quite possibly.

Sithis, I doubt it. Hasn't shown up directly in any game to date, and if I recall correctly it's more a force of nature than a being you can have a conversation with.
  • geekboy09
    geekboy09
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Night Mother, quite possibly.

Sithis, I doubt it. Hasn't shown up directly in any game to date, and if I recall correctly it's more a force of nature than a being you can have a conversation with.

Well it was said The nights Mother was a bride to Sithis. When did the night Mother die
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you do the quest for the Fangs of Sithis in Shadowfen, and choose not to hand over the dagger, an avatar of Sithis appears.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The likely time would have been with the DB DLC. In other words, very unlikely they will every make an actual appearance in this game.
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the nightmother would be in her crypt in Bravil.... anything I can find online states she lived in the 2nd era, however we have books in game about her and how the Dark Brotherhood formed, these books also state that the formation of the Brotherhood was around 30 years after her death at the hands of villagers angry that she murdered her own children to gain Sithis favour. So she may well have lived in the 2nd era, but way before eso’s timeline. So yes I would think that the Nightmother is in her crypt in Bravil - which I don’t think we have in game yet?

Sithis has no true form, however we have seen a couple of Avatars of Sithis (as previously mentioned by WhiteCoatSyndrome there’s 1 appearance after refusing to hand in the Fangs of Sithis, another appearance would be Sithis’ statue - which we see while visiting Green-Venom-Tongue’s former sanctuary and also in a limited time furnishing pack)
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps we can see an avatar of sorts of Sithis in the Murkmire DLC that's coming up. The Night Mother I can only see appearing when Bravil makes an appearance.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruccius wrote: »
    Perhaps we can see an avatar of sorts of Sithis in the Murkmire DLC that's coming up. The Night Mother I can only see appearing when Bravil makes an appearance.

This if it will involve the Void and we meet with Argonians who worship sithis, or Shadowscales
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Beamer_Miasma
    Beamer_Miasma
    ✭✭✭
    Bravil is actually on the map, but afaik it is not accessible. It is on the Cyrodiil map, the walled city in the water directly to the east of the Gate of Mnem. Compare with the Oblivion map and it's clearly the same city. I've walked around it, in Oblivion it has a north bridge and gate but not in ESO. The obvious access point would be the bridge structure on the south but I don't think you can get there. Who knows maybe it will get used some day.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Night Mother? Maybe.

Sithis? No, he’s the void, not a NPC. We could see another “aspect” of his, however.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • BWS2K
    BWS2K
    ✭✭✭
    My understanding of Sithis, such as it's possible, would be akin to you uninstalling the game and then looking at the empty file folder. That aside, I think Murkmire would be the best bet to catch more than a glimpse. ;)
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From what I remember, sithis and anui-el are the second beings/forces created and opposites. Anui-el represents order and sithis chaos. Both are more forces of nature than corporeal beings.

That said, perhaps sheogorath and jugyylag are manifestations of parts of sithis and anui-el...
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard