Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Basic build for pvp healer

Octopuss
Octopuss
✭✭✭✭✭
I hate pvp, I completely suck at it, so I figured bringing a healer in Cyrodiil would be the best choice if I want to be at least somewhat useful.
I understand this is a completely different game than pve, so maybe someone could give me an example of what skills could I use?
Armour-wise, I just got me 5 pieces of Seducer, and when I can craft the jewellry, 5x Kagrenac (I feel like it's better than Transmutation, considering I only se one HoT skill on my bars).

Basically, some basic build tips or something.
(and NOT ideas how I should reroll or whatever)
  • Flips
    Flips
    ✭✭
    Mutagen or the other morph is really enough to farm ap with. Witchmother as food.
    Soon cp1000

• Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now I have my bars set up like this:
    1) Healing springs, Combat Prayer, Healing ward, <empty slot>, Retreating maneuver, - War horn
    2) Budding seeds, <empty slot>, Necrotic orb, Ele drain, Blue betty, - Northern storm

front bar is resto staff, backbar is lightning

What should I put in the empty slots, and what should I change?
  • Flips
    Flips
    ✭✭
    I would slot trees ultimate also instead of northern storm. Very good in close fights. Plus 1-2 shields. Like ice fortress and shimmering shield. Always have atleast one up.

Healing Springs is hard to hit with, players are to spread out. I would swap that out.

Soon cp1000

• exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    I hate pvp, I completely suck at it, so I figured bringing a healer in Cyrodiil would be the best choice if I want to be at least somewhat useful.
    I understand this is a completely different game than pve, so maybe someone could give me an example of what skills could I use?
    Armour-wise, I just got me 5 pieces of Seducer, and when I can craft the jewellry, 5x Kagrenac (I feel like it's better than Transmutation, considering I only se one HoT skill on my bars).

For DK and warden
    Trans + sanctuary

For NB and Templar
    Trans + riposte

For sorc
    Trans + Necro

Earthgore, BS and TK are all contenders for your 2pc monster set

Did i mention trans?

You should wear trans.

Cant advise on skills because you didnt bother saying what class you wanted to heal on.

Edit: i see you are a warden now.

Bars look alright, i would take off combat prayer and maneuvers personally. Cyrodil healing is pretty casual and you can get away with alot.

Even springs can become a bit redundant with the healthy up time you have with tree ult and the various warden hots. I feel you best escape tool is vines since there is almost always someone in range for you to pull too.
    Edited by exeeter702 on July 29, 2018 7:15PM
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which Vines did you have in mind? There are two skills with similar names.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Which Vines did you have in mind? There are two skills with similar names.

Both have a use, perhaps the self hot slower one for cyrodil to get yourself out of dodge. The other morph is a nice quick burst heal for an ally.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got both. I've the skillpoints, so why not.
    I am quite overwhelmed by the amount of heals I have now, though. Which ones should I use as primary ones or something?
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got both. I've the skillpoints, so why not.
    I am quite overwhelmed by the amount of heals I have now, though. Which ones should I use as primary ones or something?

General gameplan is too keep hots up while you reapply your area heals when in cyrodil. Dont overcast buddying seeds or corrupt pollen. If you run shrooms, that is a decent conal heal, for single target, healing ward plus your vine hot should be fine for saving someone. Living trellis is nice as well. Honestly like i said, cyrdoil large group healing is very low maintenance. Its when you really have to keep yourself alive in smaller scale exchanges where you are more easily targeted where healer skill comes into play.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why not kags and trans?
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, a Warden healer

The best set to use in PvP would be Fasalla's Guile. Corrupting Pollen (Healing Seeds morph) is a very powerful Major Defile skill, especially with plently of CP in Befoul, that works really well with Fasalla's Minor Defile.

As a secondary set, Transmutation should be your first choice as stated above. However, if another healer in the group is running this set already, then there's no need for you to run this. You can run other good sets like Wizard's Riposte (my personal fav), SPC, Gossamer,... or a sustain set like Lich or Bloodthorn.

Monster set: Earthgore.

5 Heavy, 1 Light and 1 Medium. Sword and Shield front bar, Restoration Staff back.

Front bar: Shimmering Shield, Flex Spot, Efficient Purge, Enchanted Growth, Corrupting Pollen, Healing Thicket
    Back bar: Blue Betty, Ice Fortress, Healing Springs, Mutagen, Nature's Embrace, Permafrost
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right now I have my bars set up like this:
    1) Healing springs, Combat Prayer, Healing ward, <empty slot>, Retreating maneuver, - War horn
    2) Budding seeds, <empty slot>, Necrotic orb, Ele drain, Blue betty, - Northern storm

front bar is resto staff, backbar is lightning

What should I put in the empty slots, and what should I change?

Kagrenac's and Seducer's are both solid sets for starting out, if you can get a monster set to pair them with, like Engine Guardian, or Earthgore, then you are all set. For skills, you can also check out Falcon's Swifteness for mobility, Impaling Shards for immobilizing enemies (good for running away :smiley:), Frost Cloak for extra warding, and definitely the tree ulti.

• Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any more tips for the bars?
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any more tips for the bars?

Efficient Purge: must have skill
    Nature's Embrace: mobility + good heal
    Corrupting Pollen: AoE Defile
    Enchanted Growth: heal and buffs

Make sure to use Shimmering Shield and Ice Fortress for extra defense and the Blue Betty for sustain. Use Permafrost and Healing Thicket as your Ultimates.
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I'll have to make do with the other morphs, because this is a pve character.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I fully advocate for the Kags, as it's a fantastic set that gives both personal and group utility. Solid choice on your part.

I do want to say though that you're missing out on a key element of your survivability by dismissing Transmute. The one thing most PvE healers forget to move CP into when they migrate to PvP is Crit Resistance. It is necessary and crucial, and Transmute is fabulous at providing that to both you AND the group you're healing (procs with a HoT, like Mutagen, Reviving Barrier, or Healing Springs). If you're more focused on your own survival and less on group utility, then Impregnable from BGs is a solid option too, and gives so much Crit resist, you can run traits like Divines on your set pieces for more resources or Spell Damage.

One last suggestion: Consider switching out that lighting staff for a sword and shield. In a nasty fight, the ability to block cast your abilities with the added protection from those passives make a significant difference. Also, that's one additional large armor piece on your back bar, which offers extra resources (tri-stat glyph ftw).
    Edited by p00tx on July 30, 2018 9:46PM
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is Kags?
    Also, how can I cast stuff with sword and shield? (and I don't have extra skillpoints anymore)
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and also, what about CPs?
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can run permafrost ult. Your group will love the lockdown on balled up enemy groups.

Trans is excellent set and can be paired with any of the other sets mentioned. It is easy to get the armour but not the weapons. Or you can run fasallas guile for a defile build in conjunction with whatever. Or jorvulds for a buff build which works well on warden who mainly keeps buff up on other group members.

If you are magicka warden. Running double staves resto/destro is fine on light armour magica healer who plays range. But light means you will be squishier. Put force pulse and /or destructive reach on your destro bar along with the main warden skills mentioned. Always slot purge/cleanse on destro bar and mutagen on the resto and a shield on each. Bar swapping is buggy in Cyro and in light you always need a shield and a cleanse available.

Stam wardens have it easier in pvp: you can wear heavy and use sword and shield, stand in seige and heal a group easily.

Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always get large healing ticks on my ... magicka DK, although she has a full DD gear setup. The reason is I run back bar Mutagen, and do so with Malestrom restoration staff back bar. Put it on enough people and the 800 magicka return will come every 4s like clockwork. That's basically equivalent to 400 recovery, since resource recovery ticks are every 2s.

If you lack that, you can go for a combo of 5 Armor of the Seducer and any other 5 piece for healer, and optionally a monster set. Ideally I would go for 5 Sanctuary (Banished Cells 1/2, easy to farm) or Transmutation (RFTW mails, pretty cheap in guild stores). Ideally for monster set you want either Earthgore (if you can do vet Bloodforge) or Troll King (vet Blessed Crucible). Or if you lack either go for 2 mismatched monster set pieces that give you maximum magicka or recovery like Chocklethorn & Shadowrend for example. Even full Shadowrend isn't bad since it maims. For armor weights you can go 5/1/1 or 5/0/2, not much difference. For more resistance you can go restoration staff front bar, 1H+S back bar - make those Seducer's since farming/buying weapons is more difficult than jewelry of armor pieces.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What is Kags?
    Also, how can I cast stuff with sword and shield? (and I don't have extra skillpoints anymore)

Kags=Kagrenacs Hope Set

When you have sword and shield equipped, you can cast most of your healing abilities while holding block (left trigger), and you dampen incoming damage that way, as long as you have stamina. you can do it without a sword/shield, but it's more effective with because of the passives (block cost reduction).

Mind you, this is only for PvP. In PvE, you NEED a resto/destro setup, for group utility.
    Edited by p00tx on August 1, 2018 4:22PM
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It totally depends on what you want to do. Are you going to join one of those "looking for group" calls in zone chat or be an independent actor and do you own thing?

Because if it's the latter, you're better off playing as a DPS-healer hybrid.

And no matter which way you go, there is no reason not to have the Warden's best skill, Deep Fissure, on your bar and used.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It totally depends on what you want to do. Are you going to join one of those "looking for group" calls in zone chat or be an independent actor and do you own thing?

Because if it's the latter, you're better off playing as a DPS-healer hybrid.

And no matter which way you go, there is no reason not to have the Warden's best skill, Deep Fissure, on your bar and used.
    Of course the former.
    Like I said, I hate pvp. I only want the APs and possibly some achievements. Thus, I ONLY type "lfg" in the chat and follow a crowd.