The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crossfaction players PC/NA Vivec

Savos_Saren
Savos_Saren
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Anyone else seeing quite a few EP @names on AD characters? I've been seeing more and more just standing in the fields- not actually fighting alongside AD. One literally hopped around in place while three EP fought me. There's no way that cross-factioning could be used to manipulate campaigns... :/
Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
Savos Saren
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Considering that AD shows as "campaign locked"- but it's due to inactive EP players taking up slots in Cyrodiil that actual AD players could use. I'd say that's exploiting the game.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's so many people using double AP to level up characters it's not worth fretting about.

It's not like the AD are not on the receiving end as well. I watched a well-known EP ball group on their AD alts stack with a couple of larger AD guilds to push EP trikeeps in Vivec this afternoon. ("Watched" = "got steamrolled by.") EP sure wasn't doing anything useful at the time.
  • jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭
    So people playing having a choice is exploiting the game? I think you're being very over-dramatic about the whole thing if that's what you think. Most people don't care, myself included, about the score or winning a campaign. We play to have fights and fun.
    Jaisins -AD Stamsorc. Can't outrun an orc sorc
    Bearingitall -EP Warden. Lions and tigers and especially Bears oh my
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nobody cares about the campaign, it's a fools errand
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I can see that most of you who don't care have EP characters.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyro is a joke, just grind AP and have fun.
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I can see that most of you who don't care have EP characters.

I apologies for having a mind of my own and being able to have an opinion. As long as it's not hurting anyone or breaking the TOS, let others play the way they like to.
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else seeing quite a few EP @names on AD characters? I've been seeing more and more just standing in the fields- not actually fighting alongside AD. One literally hopped around in place while three EP fought me. There's no way that cross-factioning could be used to manipulate campaigns... :/

Identity theft is not a joke. If you see someone with the same or similar @ they are impersonating the real player. Report them and let zos handle the issue.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed 100% with the comments that we play to "fight" (it is pvp after all) and have "fun" (it is a game).

There are many players who do not care about who wins what campaign and just look for fights wherever they can find it. Not a thing wrong with that.

You should be allowed to play the game you paid for however you like, absolutely. It is your money and your time.

However, some players do actually care and unfortunately, for those who do care about playing the map, finding "good", fair, and balanced fights, and faction loyalty; (this being their idea of fun in this game), it is becoming increasingly more difficult.

When players who mainly prefer to play another faction, log into your current faction and for example, turn siege around, deliver your faction's scroll to their preferred faction, and make degrading remarks about your faction in your zone chat, it sometimes takes away those aspects of "fun" for the player who is looking for a feeling of dedication to one faction. Not to mention diminishes the morale of some. (Which is honestly, a fairly good "tactic" by these opposing players).

Some players purchased this game and subscribed on the premise that the player vs player was a three faction war.
    Yes, they may have had friends they wanted to play with and may have created characters on the same alliance to do so.
    But, they settled to one side and took pride (win or lose) in playing for that side. With the introduction of being able to play on any faction during the course of one campaign, we saw the lines of those three factions become a little less clear.

I know plenty of players who play all three sides and take pride when they play for each one and work hard for whichever faction they are playing at the moment. When they come to my faction, I greatly appreciate their support. :)

However, some find it "fun" and amusing to log into a faction just to throw out ridicule and try and get people arguing among each other. (Although, I think even people who are "dedicated" to one faction still do this either way. So, not sure it's a result so much of faction "hopping".)

With the state of pvp, finding that "good" and healthy competition we all say we want, doesn't always seem like it's being facilitated. When one can simply switch to a winning side (not everyone does this of course, but some do), it can sway the outcome of a campaign. And for those who still care about the score, well, their idea of fun has been diminished. On the other hand, I know of players who have deliberately switched to a "losing" side to help that faction. So, it seems it works both ways.

There are a few guilds out there (on all factions I believe) that still attempt to at least keep faction loyalty in their own guilds, even if they cannot or would not try to tell people how to play. They only expect that those wanting to play in their guilds be loyal to that faction for as long as they are all playing on the same campaign.
    Maybe this is one way for those still searching for that dedication to find some semblance of fun in the game.

One guild lead I know chose this route, I believe, in many ways based off of past members' wishes (from an older guild) who did not wish to fight against each other. Rumors were spread and people didn't know who to trust. I don't think he personally cares if people play for another faction, he would just prefer not to fight a guild member. Some players just don't enjoy or find it fun to have guild chat filled with verbal sparring and blame. I don't think that holds true for all guilds, but I do believe it did in this particular case from what I've been told.

At any rate, no one should try and tell you how to play (unless it's ZOS since it is their game). And it seems they have spoken.

For the few remaining players who find faction loyalty and healthy competition fun, maybe they just need to change their idea of what fun is? And if anyone is wondering if there is a tone of sarcasm here... yes, yes there is. ;)

Personally, I have friends on all factions who truly fight for whatever faction they're on at that moment.

I've been killed by them and have killed them. I'd prefer if we were always on the same side, but it hasn't ruined our friendships, if anything it quite possibly has made them more solid. :)

But, I also wouldn't mind seeing a return to more people caring about the map and perhaps a campaign where a player must make a choice. Like a tour of duty for one campaign, not every campaign thereafter, just once per campaign.
    You sign up for one campaign and that is your choice. You fight for that side no matter what.

But, it's ok if that's just me... I've gotten somewhat used to and almost comfortable with the constant insults and faction "bashing" in my zone chat (which yes, I know I can ignore and do at times) and the siege flipping, and scroll trolling... etc etc etc.

I think this is mainly what the OP is referring to. Those few players who use the system that's in place to promote an imbalance and create an unhealthy, slightly poor sportsmanship type of playing field. The "good" fights and healthy competition are more difficult to find. The "enemy" is now a part of your faction, and you cannot do anything about it. Maybe if you could kill players on your own faction... or vote to have them kicked out... even in real life wars, those even thought to be spies weren’t very well received (ie. Mata Hari) but, that is for another discussion.

Every player's idea of fun is a bit different. It doesn't make one right over another, just different.

And if you've managed to stay awake and read this in its entirety... I'm sorry.. but, thank you for giving me your time to read it <3

Edited by Delphinia on July 29, 2018 10:14PM
  • Vencenzo
    Vencenzo
    ✭✭✭
    Both high end DC and EP players made AD chars to try and level cyrodiil out.
    AD was getting to the point that there was no resistance when panda/tkg/ni's ad branch were all offline.
    I'm also trying to help pve AD players with pvp builds. Many are pretty stubborn about divines marksman being BiS.....
    It's getting better but there's still a ways to go.
    Edited by Vencenzo on July 29, 2018 7:57PM
  • Moltyr
    Moltyr
    ✭✭✭
    Believe me, EP is tired of having DC Fengrush fanboiz and AD runaways from their generic zerg guilds swap over too. Nothing we can do about it.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vencenzo wrote: »
    Both high end DC and EP players made AD chars to try and level cyrodiil out.
    AD was getting to the point that there was no resistance when panda/tkg/ni's ad branch were all offline.
    I'm also trying to help pve AD players with pvp builds. Many are pretty stubborn about divines marksman being BiS.....
    It's getting better but there's still a ways to go.

Hey, nice work. It's been great having you on my side of the bridge fight instead of having to fight you on the bridge lol.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Whois function of an add on gives a useful insight into player alts. It amazes me the number of zone posts from people with 7 alts of one faction and 1 for the faction they are abusing in zone.

Or the player sitting on a horse during a fight with a rival faction guild tabard showing. There are many ways to abuse the ability to faction swap and nothing will stop them.

It used to annoy me, now I just ignore them.
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    It gets super boring fighting the same people over and over. Some of us enjoy the challenge of fighting our friends on other factions or do want to try to balance things out. It's why I pulled my DC out of retirement last week and tried to help over there. This week I am on easy mode on my EP though. At this point in the game, most of us are just trying to have some fun. In 4 years, I can think of maybe 2-3 confirmed sabatouers, and most of those went away with troll camps 2 years ago.
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the direction ZOS wanted to point the ship. They are catering to the PvE player that doesn’t have the all races all alliances option to get vigor and caltrops with their PvE friends. One Tamriel was never about PvPbut had a wide impact on the dynamic. All main PvP players realize ZOS coddles their “cash cow crown store PvE players”. Honestly we should just have a campaign called “vigor grind” for PvE players instead of faction locked campaigns. We need to have a PvP server that the main PvP players can be free from the pve baddies that just don’t get the dynamic of Social Cyrodiil.
    Edited by antihero727 on August 1, 2018 2:16PM
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now in cyrodiil there are two types of griffs who play on dumbminion toons.

The first, known as 'the scrubs', are the ones Telel thinks the OP is most concerned with. They are basically players who are so so bad at this game that they need to farm each other in order to look good. These silly soft sorts tend to also resort to being the source of that 'toxic AD zone chat' some complain about.

You can easily spot that type by how they throw temper tantrums whenever their silliness is called out. This one humbly points to this very thread if you wish to play 'spot the alt farming scrub'. Khajiit also advices that you just ignore them as they are much like vampires.

Which is to say that they are parasitic diseases, and suck at things. They also have bad teeth.

The second type are a more rare occurrence, and one that many are unfamiliar with as it requires a player to have some real backbone and desire for a challenge. This one is of course speaking of those who come to the faction that actually needs the help, and try to win the campaign.

To Telel's knowledge there's a small group of former griffs who did just that when a bunch of fair weather types ran off to join the griff or bloop hordes. Telel considers this a fair trade as they rather like people who want to be useful.

But khajiit must report with great sadness that they're a bit harder to notice compared to the scrubmer. This is due to the fact that they spend more time pushing the map and trying to be useful instead of squealing impotently about how great they are.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed several offtopic and baiting comments. This is a reminder to keep comments constructive and on topic. It is fine to disagree with other forum members. However, we ask that you remain constructive with your posts as to not derail the thread. Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post