The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Can we PLEASE get a separate queue for Imperial City and sewers?

ZarkingFrued
ZarkingFrued
✭✭✭✭✭
Not only does it take away from the amount of people an alliance has available to fight in the open world of a campaign, but I think Imperial City would be more popular with it's own queue. It's kind of a no brainer I would think. Any opinions?

Best Answers

• efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I headed down into the sewers in Vivec these past couple of days to get the achieves for the holiday event. Over a combined 4 or so hours, I saw a grand total of maybe 20 players from all 3 factions. IC is dead.

Making it a zone of its own with a separate queue might actually liven it up a little, since all players would go to the same instance of it. As long as you could queue into IC while waiting for your chosen campaign queue to pop, like you can load into a guest campaign now while waiting for home.
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
    Answer ✓
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    efster wrote: »
    I headed down into the sewers in Vivec these past couple of days to get the achieves for the holiday event. Over a combined 4 or so hours, I saw a grand total of maybe 20 players from all 3 factions. IC is dead.

Making it a zone of its own with a separate queue might actually liven it up a little, since all players would go to the same instance of it. As long as you could queue into IC while waiting for your chosen campaign queue to pop, like you can load into a guest campaign now while waiting for home.

Right? Make a CP and non CP queue and then there will be a larger participation, bundle all the campaigns IC population together and you actually have something
    Answer ✓
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One ic “campaign” or queue would really add some color to those empty streets.
    Would also help if there was a board by the ladder entrances that would tell you how many people were in each district/afk in homebase/down in sewers

Otherwise you spend more time going through load screens and searching for enemies than you do fighting
    Answer ✓
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I never did understand why the gates for ic weren't in the home bases can be along ride down some days
    Answer ✓
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    It shares the same player limit with cyro now (2000), but since it is a separate cell anyway, I bet it wont hurt to separate their limits and make separate queues. Be prepared though, that upon reaching cyrodiil limit you wont be able to leave IC into Cyro, so maybe another exit or any option to leave it skipping cyro, as you cant drop telvars in Cyro anyway, so its completely sepsrste activities
    Rawr
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2000 in Cyro? No way. 200 per side maybe.

Making IC a separate instance from Cyro does make sense - on both sides. As it takes fighters from Cyro and it's a pita to get to sometimes.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not much of a PvP-er (reaching Corporal rank seems like a big achievement to me, lol) but when I wanted to enter the Imperial City and sewers this week end for the holiday event achievements, I wondered the same thing, why is this even tied to the Cyrodiil campaign anyway?

The only thing I wanted was to go directly to the sewers/IC, not to take a very long ride towards the entrance. I think this prelude is totally unneccessary, and makes people think a 2nd time if they want to do the Imperial City.

Make a dedicated queue for it...
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Vencenzo
    Vencenzo
    ✭✭✭
    I support this.

There's been a ton of DC in IC this campaign and it's reflected in the score of vivec.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    these 200+ ques prevent me from making mid year mayhem quest. Second time. Well maybe next year.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly so IC has at least some pvp.

Its completely dead all the time.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • abelsgmx
    abelsgmx
    ✭✭✭
    I asked for this 2 years ago
  • simeion
    simeion
    ✭✭✭
    I would make it one zone until itself. Do not tie it to PvP campaign servers, make AP count for no campaign rewards. Also go down to only two of them, CP and Non-CP.