Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Someone declined ..." makes me want to throw my PC out of the window !

Vanzen
Vanzen
✭✭✭✭✭
I cant stand this anymore!

How is this crap stil possible after so many months ?!

What the hell causes this ?!

Is it a bug ?

You want me to believe there are dozains and dozains of people declining all day long for the fun of it ?!
Edited by Vanzen on July 25, 2018 8:52PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don’t know what causes it yet then you’re probably the one causing it.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so helpfull ...
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »
    so helpfull ...

I’ve responded to threads like this so many times that tbh I’m curious if anyone is actually paying attention. I want to see if someone else will say what’s going on. Sorry for using this thread as an experiment.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• CiNNeR
    CiNNeR
    ✭✭✭
    It's because of this:

"MMR stands for Match Making Rating (or Ranking depending on who you ask). It's a way to rate opponents so that players of a similar skill level can get matched together for a better, more even match. Think of it kind of like the weight classes for UFC or Boxing... it wouldn't be very fair to match a 140lbs guy against a 220lbs guy, so make sure the fights are fair, the fight organizers tend to make sure boxers fight people with a similar weight (I.E. the same "weight class".) But every once in a while, a fighter will fight someone in a weight class different than their own..."

• CiNNeR
    CiNNeR
    ✭✭✭
    Tried for an hour and a half and just gave up for today. Think the upcoming event makes it worse.
  • SlippyCheeze
    SlippyCheeze
    ✭✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »
    I cant stand this anymore!
    How is this crap stil possible after so many months ?!

You want me to believe there are dozains and dozains of people declining all day long for the fun of it ?!

Nah, given the comments about long queues -- and in my experience "two minutes" counts as long -- it is probably people AFK when the queue pops, or tied up in some world thing, who "decline" in the sense of not accepting fast enough.
  • ReName
    ReName
    yes it will make it worse
  • polgarah
    polgarah
    ✭✭✭
    i think is a bug. It happened to me and my guild mates this afternoon in BG’s and dungeon with full group. This bug happens a few times but this afternoon was impossible to get in.
  • Gralor
    Gralor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vanzen is absolutely right. This is a bug that hasn’t been properly fixed ever since it first appeared, which was probably years ago by now.

Whenever a larg amount of players use the dungeon finder at the same time – like they do now to get into CoH – and despite everyone accepting the queue constantly, it continues to bug out.

Zenimax knows this very well, because it was so severe during an event at the end of last year that they had to shut down the servers for quite a while that time to bandaid-fix it. Yet, no permanent solution was attempted so far.

Although OP is talking about BG queues it is the same basic issue that also occurs with the dungeon finder.
    Edited by Gralor on July 25, 2018 9:03PM
  • yurimodin
    yurimodin
    ✭✭✭
    I queue as a healer and dont usually have a problem (I AM a healer tho).....PC/NA
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you accept the same queue twice it’ll auto-decline.

If anyone in your BG accepts the same queue twice it’ll autodecline. But the person who accepted it twice won’t get booted from the queue.

When the group finder is lagging it makes it a lot easier to accidentally accept the queue twice.

So next time you see an alert that your battleground is ready, and you have the option to press F (or whatever your button is) make sure you only press F once. DO NOT ACCEPT ANOTHER QUEUE UNTIL YOU GET A NOTICE SAYING SOMEONE DECLINED THE QUEUE..

When you accept the queue a second time,the group finder will automatically replace your first accept with a decline. To see what I mean, try queueing for Cyrodil as a group queue and again as a solo queue. When one of them pops and you accept it, it automatically removes you from the other queue.

When group finder lags, you can spam the accept button. This allows you to accept the same queue pop more than once, but your second accept will convert your first accept into a decline because of the way the queue / groupfinder works. The worse the lag is, the bigger the window of time people have to accidentally accept the same queue notification twice.

So tell everyone you’re grouped with... WHEN A QUEUE NOTICE APPEARS, HIT THE ACCEPT BUTTON ONCE AND DO NOT HIT THAT BUTTON AGAIN UNTIL YOU GET A NOTICE SAYING SOMEONE DECLINED THE QUEUE AND A NEW QUEUE NOTICE APPEARS.