The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

New to this RP Thingy [PS4 NA]

LifenLemons
LifenLemons
✭✭✭
I have a few questions on RP.

Do you guys voice chat and do the voices and everything?

What happens if I'm not good with improv?

Do you need to find a community that fits into your character or can you add even a well-known fictional character to any RP?

Is it true that not all RP guilds are uptight? (sorry but that's something I've heard a few times. That RP guilds are very much our way or the highway types. Then I saw someone saying it's actually a lot of fun).

Anyone on PS4 NA want to give me a chance to listen or read & see if this is something I'd like?

I would like to try it :D
Occasional Online Opinionated Flyby Conversationalist // Part Time Coffee Addict // Hobosapien // Casual Gamer // SAST
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Howdy, and welcome!

On PCNA, we do not use voice chat to RP (mostly because it isn't there). My guild has discord voice and does not use it for RP, though we may joke and laugh if we're not feeling super into the immersion at any given moment. Voice can also be used for OOC (out of character) stuff like clarification of someone else's emote, stressing you don't feel such a way but your toon does, etc etc.

Everyone starts somewhere! Just wade in at whatever level you feel comfortable. A great spot for someone who doesn't want a lot of talking is to try looking for guard RP. Only buttheads will judge you if you are new; much like pve or pvp the community is really helpful with some exceptions you can safely ignore.

Some characters will fit far better into certain situations than others. My Xivkyn character has a place, and that place is NOT a bar. As long as you're not doing anything out of world like, say, bringing in Goku or a dragonborn, you should be fine. If you have a character idea you want to float, float it and see what feedback you get (I could help here, if you're comfortable-no judgement!).

Like PvE and PvP, some guilds run a tight ship. There can be a lot of reasons for this, and not all are malicious. Typically a guild will have any requirements (18+, follow the golden rule etc) communicated up front, and you can decide if that would be a fit or not for you. There's a guild out there for everyone, and if you can't find one you can always make one!

I hope you do try it, it is a lot of fun :)
    Edited by DocFrost72 on July 25, 2018 2:38PM
  • LifenLemons
    LifenLemons
    ✭✭✭
    Hiiiii thank you for the response :)

My characters are all either based on well known fictional characters or they're a character I made up. I always have an idea of what the character would be and act like in battle and such. It's a shame ne you're on PC. It seems 99% of RP ppl are.

I have actually thought of starting an xmen guild lolol. I know. I'm currently saving for a mansion, I have wolverine and storm at high levels. But I also have very random characters I made up. I always have fun with it but I'm a solo player. I would really like to find a rp place :D
    Occasional Online Opinionated Flyby Conversationalist // Part Time Coffee Addict // Hobosapien // Casual Gamer // SAST
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I don't think that will *quite* fit in a tavern to have wolverine waltz in :tongue:

HOWEVER,

A great way to do that may be to start a casual RP guild. Could even call it Xayah-Men (after the daedric letter for X). Could go so far as to roleplay taking out world bosses and dungeons, and I bet you gold people would be interested in that!
  • LifenLemons
    LifenLemons
    ✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    Well, I don't think that will *quite* fit in a tavern to have wolverine waltz in :tongue:

Lmao
  • LifenLemons
    LifenLemons
    ✭✭✭
    That's really cool advice thank you! :D