The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crafting resources gain not balanced

SilverWF
SilverWF
✭✭✭✭✭
This game been released 4 years ago and this problem is still here...

Clothing resourses
There is always lack of Ancestor Silk (end game mat for crafting Light armor) and always a tooooons of Rubedo Leather (end game mat for crafting Medium armor). Usually I have ~700 of Silk and 5k+ Leather. But it's not only me, at my server price for Silk is ~30-50 each, while for Leather - 10-15 each. 3-4 times difference must say something for you, right?
Why it's happened: you can get silk only from gathering nodes and leather - from animal monsters only. But, ppl always farming this or that and getting just a huge amounts of leather, that can be worth only for refinement and after that - you can even destroy it.

Suggestions (not OR, but AND):
1. Clothing gathering nodes would have 50% more mats inside
2. Daily writs would require leather much more often - in 90% of times

Consumables resources
There is a huge amount of provisioning resources in the game, basically every barrel or trunk or whatever contains it. While, you don't need it too much, because most of crafted food lasts for 2 hours.
And there is always lack of Alchemy resources, because they can be obtained from gathering nodes only and every node has only ONE piece. While potion effect lasts for 47 seconds and obviously, you need potions in the much bigger amounts than food. Not even saying about poisons - their effect lasts for 2-6 seconds.
At my server prices for most needed herbs (Lady's Smock, Corn Flower) are 200g and more per each!

1. Increase amount of mats in the Alchemy nodes in 2 times - up to 2 piece at base
2. Increase Alchemy production - up to 20 potions and to 40 poisons per craft with maxed passive Chemistry
Edited by SilverWF on July 24, 2018 9:43AM
  • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
  • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
  • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
  • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It has always bugged me that you do not get an even amount of clothing writ jobs for silk and leather. At the very least it should be a 50% split. Silk one day, leather the next day.
    Options
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »

Clothing resourses
    There is always lack of Ancestor Silk (end game mat for crafting Light armor) and always a tooooons of Rubedo Leather (end game mat for crafting Medium armor). Usually I have ~700 of Silk and 5k+ Leather. But it's not only me, at my server price for Silk is ~30-50 each, while for Leather - 10-15 each. 3-4 times difference must say something for you, right?
    Why it's happened: you can get silk only from gathering nodes and leather - from animal monsters only. But, ppl always farming this or that and getting just a huge amounts of leather, that can be worth only for refinement and after that - you can even destroy it.

1. Clothing gathering nodes would have 50% more mats inside
    2. Daily writs would require leather much more often - in 90% of times

Consumables resources
    There is a huge amount of provisioning resources in the game, basically every barrel or trunk or whatever contains it. While, you don't need it too much, because most of crafted food lasts for 2 hours.
    And there is always lack of Alchemy resources, because they can be obtained from gathering nodes only and every node has only ONE piece. While potion effect lasts for 47 seconds and obviously, you need potions in the much bigger amounts than food. Not even saying about poisons - their effect lasts for 2-6 seconds.
    At my server prices for most needed herbs (Lady's Smock, Corn Flower) are 200g and more per each!

1. Increase amount of mats in the Alchemy nodes in 2 times - up to 2 piece at base
    2. Increase Alchemy production - up to 20 potions and to 40 poisons per craft with maxed passive Chemistry

Had the opposite problem; tons of ancestor silk, constantly scrounging for rubedo leather. When I make trait research items for guildies they get ancestor silk and rubedite for light and heavy. I'll use whatever I have the most of for medium, and it is seldom, if ever, rubedo leather. I used to skip the normal writs that wanted rubedo leather because of my limited amount. It has gotten better, I will do the writs now, at least.

Check the passives and cp abilities. I've gotten more than one plant from a node on many occasions. Nice when it happens with columbine, cornflower and ladies' smock....

Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And there is always lack of Alchemy resources, because they can be obtained from gathering nodes only and every node has only ONE piece.

There are way more options to getting alchemy mats than just farming nodes:

- Alchemy Writ Dailies; Surveys
    - PvP bags
    - Dark Brotherhood Shadowy Supplier
    - Guild Stores
    - Trading with Friends or Guildies

Before you choose the lazy way out by asking ZOS to increase node drops, know that there are other options for obtaining alchemy mats.

Apache_Kid wrote: »
    It has always bugged me that you do not get an even amount of clothing writ jobs for silk and leather. At the very least it should be a 50% split. Silk one day, leather the next day.

I agree with this.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 24, 2018 5:54PM
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they would split the clothing writs to be more equal between leather and cloth it would really help.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is always lack of Ancestor Silk ... and always a tooooons of Rubedo Leather
    & Why does it need to be equal? its differences like this driving the player economy, who is selling What to who.
    :)
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    yeah, this is weird! ...do you think its meant to MAKE us go shopping at the guild stores?
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
    Options
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your feedback.

All your "advices" doesn't fix a problem overall.
    This game has just insane amount of provisioning resources and not enough gain resources for Alchemy.
    Same crap with Clothing/Leatherworking.

To have tons of Silk you need to have bots, farming nodes 24/7 for you. Or whole your guild would just send to you every Silk they found.
    To have tons of Leather you don't need to do something special: just play the game as usual (mindless grind of always the same dungeons/trials).
    See the difference? Some really annoying special stuff in one case and absolutely nothing special in another.

I didn't bought or got for free even 1 piece of Leather and still have 5k. Yes, I'm not crafting too much from Leather, since I have only 1 stamina DD character. But, I'm not crafting too much from Silk too.

Dunno, how about you, but my Daily writs requires Silk in 3 cases out of 4.
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
    Options
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry; I'm not going to agree you "need bots" to have tons of silk. The two characters I play the most are both maxed crafters and maxed level. They'll never see any mats other than rubedite/ancestor silk. Simply doing quests and picking up the ore, silk, wood I see on the way between A and BCDEF etc., those two characters have gathered over 7k of ancestor silk. I don't play non-stop for days of time on end. I'm on for an hour or so in the evening.

If I don't run into critters on the way between A and the rest of the alphabet destinations, I don't get leather. I do have to "do something special" and attack every critter I see instead of going past them without killing them.
    Options
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The silk/leather balance issue would go away if the writs were for a mix, instead of all silk or all leather. You can still have three in the rotation if the individual writs are balanced.

The other factor is that the leather nodes fight back, and the silk ones don't!

Options
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    The silk/leather balance issue would go away if the writs were for a mix, instead of all silk or all leather. You can still have three in the rotation if the individual writs are balanced.

The other factor is that the leather nodes fight back, and the silk ones don't!

Don't forget; for the fiber nodes, the ancestor silk, you will *always* get at least one. [unless someone took the silk and left the worms/crawlers only]. Kill a critter you *might* get a hide scrap, even if what you killed is a mammoth. I won't mention how often you get alkahest, but if alkahest were even single hide scraps, I'd have enough leather to make full cp160 sets for everyone in all 4 of my guilds....even if they didn't use medium armor.
    Options
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭

Clothing resourses
    There is always lack of Ancestor Silk (end game mat for crafting Light armor) and always a tooooons of Rubedo Leather (end game mat for crafting Medium armor).

Cannot agree with you. I remember times when rubedo leather was 2-3 times more expensive than silk - it was time when stam toons were ahead of magicka. Current proportion is simple result of current combat balance.
    Options
  • Zells
    Zells
    ✭✭✭
    The Clothier crafting writs do seem unbalanced to me. For months I've gotten light armor writs almost exclusively. I've had to stop doing Clothier writs because I ran out of Ancestor Silk - I think I have 35 pieces right now. Meanwhile, I'm holding 4K+ Rubedo leather.

I don't think increasing drops is the answer - I'd like to see each Clothier writ call for a mix of light and medium armor, as @ghastley suggested.
    Tamriel_Tidbits is the home of your daily ESO Memento Mori: https://www.youtube.com/@Tamriel_Tidbits
    Options
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    Sorry; I'm not going to agree you "need bots" to have tons of silk. The two characters I play the most are both maxed crafters and maxed level. They'll never see any mats other than rubedite/ancestor silk. Simply doing quests and picking up the ore, silk, wood I see on the way between A and BCDEF etc., those two characters have gathered over 7k of ancestor silk. I don't play non-stop for days of time on end. I'm on for an hour or so in the evening.

If I don't run into critters on the way between A and the rest of the alphabet destinations, I don't get leather. I do have to "do something special" and attack every critter I see instead of going past them without killing them.
    Basically, this is lie.
    Or, probably, usual game session for you is turning on HarvestMap clothing nodes route and running it for several hours.
    We are not kids here and playing the same game, so leave your lie to someone else.
    Zells wrote: »
    The Clothier crafting writs do seem unbalanced to me. For months I've gotten light armor writs almost exclusively. I've had to stop doing Clothier writs because I ran out of Ancestor Silk - I think I have 35 pieces right now. Meanwhile, I'm holding 4K+ Rubedo leather.
    That's what I'm talking about: if you have no bot (even if it installed directly into your brain, like in quote above), you'll experience lack of silk.
    Options
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm always running out of ruby ash and have a decent stockpile of ingots and silk...go figure. I've seen a lot of players mention that they have a hard time with clothing mats and my theory is you must be running right past them. Some are harder to see than the tiny alchemy flowers without keen eye so it wouldn't surprise me. Every time I'm farming and I hit an area with other players doing the same, I find tons of silk that wasn't picked up. Everything else will have been completely hoovered except those nodes. Its weird.
    Options
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there "The Guessing School" finished studying of another students somewhere?

Sure I have Keen Eye on my toons. And not, I never passing to pick up another Ancestor Silk or Ruby ash wood. How does it helps? Nohow.

But that's what I'm talking about!
    To have lot of Silk/Wood you need to specially farm this exact mats in open world. Just mindlessly farm mats for hours and nothing else - what else you can farm in open world tho? Chests maybe...

But to have zillion Leather you don't need to do specific farming stuff, because ~half of all dungeons has animals and animal-kind monsters, that would drop tons of leather for you.

So in one case you are forced to stop farm gear in dungeons and trials just to collect some silk.
    In other case you don't need to do that.

How else I need to explain that simple difference?

Same with alchemy and provisioning.
    Options
  • Beamer_Miasma
    Beamer_Miasma
    ✭✭✭
    Related to this, I have noticed a significant shortage of Aetherial Dust. The price is like 80-90K and there's nowhere near enough of it to convert all my Psijic Ambrosia to Aetherial Ambrosia, it's YUGE. Suggestion (AND, not OR):

1. Make Dust drop from 1 in 10 nodes
    2. Change the Plentiful Harvest passive to always give double dust yields.

Also, cyphers should drop from a reliable source, because now you have to like kill and loot EVERYTHING and then you STILL don't find one!

/sarcasm

Basically, this is lie.
    Or, probably, usual game session for you is turning on HarvestMap clothing nodes route and running it for several hours.
    We are not kids here and playing the same game, so leave your lie to someone else.

PC EU, last 31 days, based on 2 top trading guilds and 2 small time guilds:
    - 528512 Ancestor Silk sold
    - 132226 Rubedo Leather sold
    Seems like the only one who doesn't have his facts straight is you. I've personally sold 13 stacks of Ancestor Silk in the past 30 days, and 0 stacks of Rubedo (I keep my personal stocks at 2K for both of them and sell surplus). I don't use harvest map, nor do I have 'harvest routes'. You need some glasses man.
    Options
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Related to this, I have noticed a significant shortage of Aetherial Dust. The price is like 80-90K and there's nowhere near enough of it to convert all my Psijic Ambrosia to Aetherial Ambrosia, it's YUGE. Suggestion (AND, not OR):

1. Make Dust drop from 1 in 10 nodes
    2. Change the Plentiful Harvest passive to always give double dust yields.

Also, cyphers should drop from a reliable source, because now you have to like kill and loot EVERYTHING and then you STILL don't find one!

/sarcasm

Basically, this is lie.

Seems like the only one who doesn't have his facts straight is you. I've personally sold 13 stacks of Ancestor Silk in the past 30 days, and 0 stacks of Rubedo (I keep my personal stocks at 2K for both of them and sell surplus). I don't use harvest map, nor do I have 'harvest routes'. You need some glasses man.

i often find i have far more leather scraps than silk.

simple solution sell the raw leather scraps, goes for a good price and sells quickly, and use the gold made to buy refined silk - which is (relative to raw hide scraps) cheaper.
    Options
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Another example of basic lie (and a guy, who can't edit quotes, deleting unimportant for his statement stuff).
    Just a pic for you both, now tell me more about prices, lul.

44xkOS9.jpg

And I'll repeat again, since "someone" has bad english or just can't read: I'm talking about natural gaining of mats, not mindless nolifer grind, not getting it for free from guildies, not buying it.
    Edited by SilverWF on July 30, 2018 4:00PM
    Options
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Another example of basic lie (and a guy, who can't edit quotes, deleting unimportant for his statement stuff).

44xkOS9.jpg

And I'll repeat again, since "someone" has bad english or just can't read: I'm talking about natural gaining of mats, not mindless nolifer grind, not getting it for free from guildies, not buying it.

you do realize that what you see in mm for the prices of things is not definitive?

those are just the averages for the guilds you are in. the refined silk looks way high to me.
    Options
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    those are just the averages for the guilds you are in. the refined silk looks way high to me.

What is your problem that didn't allowed to you to notice TTC?
    Options
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Basically, this is lie.
    That's what I'm talking about: if you have no bot (even if it installed directly into your brain, like in quote above), you'll experience lack of silk.

Thanks for accusing me of lying. No lying, no using harvestmap and running a farming route for even minutes, let alone hours. As for "we are not kids", I was born in 1962, so guess what, I'm not a kid either, oh ancient one. You may not see the nodes; that doesn't mean I'm lying.

I did play the game for several hours over the weekend. I picked up the mages guild daily, and the fighter's guild daily. While running between the anchors I picked up the silk, ore and wood that the anchor zerg ran past. Also the columbine, bugloss, mountain flower, cornflower, and nirnroot; 4 psijic portals, several copper and platinum nodes, and water/lorkhan's tears. On the way from the wayshrine to the public dungeon I picked up the silk, wood, ore, alchemy plants, and enchanting nodes that I saw, even giving other players the chance to get them before me, only to see them ignore them and run past. I made no special effort to find them, beyond getting off my mount to pick them up.

If you're doing research, I'll cheerfully send you all the light research trait items in ancestor silk, because I use what I have the most of when I make the free trait research items for my guilds. If you want heavy versions, I'll use rubedite, because, again, its what I have the most of.

Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Solution revert clothing surveys to only having cloth nodes, since leather can be obtained from kills every easily. They never should have changed the surveys to include leather nodes.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
    Options
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What is your problem that didn't allowed to you to notice TTC?

i have no problem. ttc is offer price not sale.... i tend to ignore it.
    Options
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think increasing drops is the answer - I'd like to see each Clothier writ call for a mix of light and medium armor, as @ghastley suggested.

Then you're not doing your clothing writs every day. Clothing writs are on a 3-day rotation, two of those days give writs requiring ancestor silk, a single day calls for rubedo leather. Yes, a 2:1 ratio defines a majority, but not exclusivity.

If you decide to skip the day that assigns leather bracers, helmet, and arm cops, then you're stuck with two more days in a row, but that's on you.

For a more detailed explanation, feel free to visit a previous comment of mine from January Here

Edit to remove long link
    Edited by Feric51 on July 30, 2018 8:32PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

Options
  • Zells
    Zells
    ✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

Then you're not doing your clothing writs every day. Clothing writs are on a 3-day rotation, two of those days give writs requiring ancestor silk, a single day calls for rubedo leather. Yes, a 2:1 ratio defines a majority, but not exclusivity.

If you decide to skip the day that assigns leather bracers, helmet, and arm cops, then you're stuck with two more days in a row, but that's on you.

And this is why I love the forums, and this community as a whole. :) Thanks, @Feric51 !

Yeah, that's about right - 4-5 days of doing writs, a day or two off... yup. That's my ancestor silk issue, right there.

So I guess my vote, then, is for the clothing writs to be 1:1 instead of 2:1.
    Tamriel_Tidbits is the home of your daily ESO Memento Mori: https://www.youtube.com/@Tamriel_Tidbits
    Options
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked up the mages guild daily, and the fighter's guild daily. While running between the anchors I picked up the silk, ore and wood that the anchor zerg ran past. Also the columbine, bugloss, mountain flower, cornflower, and nirnroot; 4 psijic portals, several copper and platinum nodes, and water/lorkhan's tears. On the way from the wayshrine to the public dungeon I picked up the silk, wood, ore, alchemy plants, and enchanting nodes that I saw, even giving other players the chance to get them before me, only to see them ignore them and run past. I made no special effort to find them, beyond getting off my mount to pick them up.

And you ended up with thousand of Silk, okay, I believe you.
    It offers MUCH more than just price.
    But since you didn't understand something that just lay opened in front of your eyes... well, I have no will to explain it either.
    Just say, that I would rather ignore MM data. Mm is good when you need to figure a price for some expendables, that sells a lot and always, like crafting mats and potions. Other than that it sucks.
    I'm a member of 2 big (and 1 not so big) trading guilds too.
    Edited by SilverWF on July 31, 2018 2:45AM
    Options
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I picked up the mages guild daily, and the fighter's guild daily. While running between the anchors I picked up the silk, ore and wood that the anchor zerg ran past. Also the columbine, bugloss, mountain flower, cornflower, and nirnroot; 4 psijic portals, several copper and platinum nodes, and water/lorkhan's tears. On the way from the wayshrine to the public dungeon I picked up the silk, wood, ore, alchemy plants, and enchanting nodes that I saw, even giving other players the chance to get them before me, only to see them ignore them and run past. I made no special effort to find them, beyond getting off my mount to pick them up.

And you ended up with thousand of Silk, okay, I believe you.
    It offers MUCH more than just price.
    But since you didn't understand something that just lay opened in front of your eyes... well, I have no will to explain it either.
    Just say, that I would rather ignore MM data. Mm is good when you need to figure a price for some expendables, that sells a lot and always, like crafting mats and potions. Other than that it sucks.
    I'm a member of 2 big (and 1 not so big) trading guilds too.

there is your problem with mm then....not enough data.
    Options
  • KroRex
    KroRex
    Crafting resources gain not balanced Bookmark
    And... it shouldn't. All your suggestions are aimed to depriving some players of earning opportunities, because you just do not WANT to sell your thousands of leather and buy some silk. Nice position. Why not really increase the Aetherial Dust drop then? It looks somehow unbalanced.
    Options
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KroRex wrote: »
    sell your thousands of leather and buy some silk.
    Yeah, true: nice position! :D
    KroRex wrote: »
    Why not really increase the Aetherial Dust drop then? It looks somehow unbalanced.
    Adolescent maximalism, so cute
    Edited by SilverWF on August 1, 2018 11:39AM
    Options
  • Beamer_Miasma
    Beamer_Miasma
    ✭✭✭

44xkOS9.jpg

Your images corroborate the statements I made - more silk is being sold than rubedo. And thanks to your efforts, we now also know that more silk is listed for sale than rubedo. So thanks for proving my point, and what what was yours exactly?

BTW starting every post with "you're a liar" isn't very constructive nor does it make you look like a character that's capable of reasonable discussion. But since you're so on top of things, how about you post some statistics that support your wild claims, rather than flinging about ad hominem attacks to those that actually do? Posting proof that your own statements are false is usually not considered a great debating technique either, but hey I'm not going to complain about that.

Oh BTW, I quoted your ENTIRE post, did you see? How's the blood pressure now? And please, let's not go to the "has bad english" angle because you already lost that one before you even started it, friend.
    Options
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It proves only my point: Silk is more needed and, because of this, framed by bots much harder.

I'm talking about fair players, who didn't want to waste hours on mindless farm of silk...
    Damn, can you read?
    Options