The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Random disconnects

Pnyx
Pnyx
✭✭
Hey, ZOS, instead of telling me to check that I have a valid internet connection the next time you boot me off the game, why don't you check YOUR connection if it's valid? This is getting annoying and the day just started.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With the info provided, no-one is going to do anything
    Submit a ticket with all the relevant info in it...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually my guess is, that this is intentional - whenever the server gets overwhelmed with requests, it starts dropping some connections to ease the load a bit - this would lead to more login requests, and so they might just drop every other request for a while stating "cannot connect to game server" - I guess, the game server is just not accepting the connection, because it is overburdened already. ZOS needs to upgrade their hardware, but they are too greedy to do that - like always, greed is king.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been happening to me for 2 days.
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since Summerset i crash in PVE around 2 to 4 times in 5 to 6 hours playtime, in PVP around 4 to 6 times in 5 to 6 hours playtime, at the begin i got the standard message, check you have a valid internet connection( yes i have) since a week i just crash to the log in screen without any notice given. Im on PC/NA and i find it stupid
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since Summerset i crash in PVE around 2 to 4 times in 5 to 6 hours playtime, in PVP around 4 to 6 times in 5 to 6 hours playtime, at the begin i got the standard message, check you have a valid internet connection( yes i have) since a week i just crash to the log in screen without any notice given. Im on PC/NA and i find it stupid

It is not bound to PC/NA - I am playing on both currently, EU and NA - it happens on both and is related to high player load.
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS will never admit this. It is always get rid of your vpn, uninstall addons, reset your router, get a fixed ip address. This happens to me on PC-NA daily. I get booted, restart from login and it's fine for a period but it's really annoying. It can be when changing toons, traveling to another player, resetting or entering dungeons but always results from a very long loading screen. Yet another quality of life problem in this game on top of all the bugs and performance issues.

Oh ye....and
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/415209/multiple-bug-threads-with-no-answers-some-for-months-at-a-time-general-disappointment-masterpost/p3
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on PS4 NA and I've been having a crazy number of crashes in PVE since the last patch. I have had maybe one or two app crashes or random disconnects in the last two months before the patch, but my app has crashed at least five times in the last week. Over the weekend I crashed in trials, dungeons, and just running from one place to another.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Sweetare
    Sweetare
    ✭✭✭
    For the past 2 days I have a 50% chance to get disconnected on any loading screen. If i dont get DCed entering a dung I WILL porting out. What the heck is going on.
    Edited by Sweetare on July 23, 2018 9:09PM
  • rickard_karstarck
    The error message means you didn't connect to their server in time, they can't fix it without you doing something since it's on your end.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The error message means you didn't connect to their server in time, they can't fix it without you doing something since it's on your end.

No, ya can't connect if the server doesn't respond. you get the same error message.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DBZVelena wrote: »

No, ya can't connect if the server doesn't respond. you get the same error message.

And when the server simply drops your request as well - I think it is intentionally as kind of a weird way to balance load - not by having redundancy to accommodate for this, but by simply dropping connections or rejecting to establish them.
  • Pnyx
    Pnyx
    ✭✭

What a crock! I am* connected then I get booted with the message that I should check my connection. What do you mean I didn't connect in time?

As others have pointed out, they do not have the capacity to serve their existing custome nase. Things will get better when schools re-open, I suppose, then they'll declare the problem fixed and carry on until xmas. Does this pattern look familiar to anyone?
  • terrannova
    terrannova
    ✭✭✭
    Been happening a lot in cyro since summerset
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happens to me constantly, I can't dungeon with randoms in case I dc, and look like a troll, end up getting kicked and frozen out for fifteen minutes.
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Main character: Healer, CP 1300+,
    Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not getting disconnected but my ping going from 250 - 1600 constantly today and yesterday.. So unplayable.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens to me constantly, I can't dungeon with randoms in case I dc, and look like a troll, end up getting kicked and frozen out for fifteen minutes.

Are you console or PC?