The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should there be something added to DLC (a unique mount or something?)

ck37090
ck37090
✭✭✭✭
As it is if you subscribe monthly you get all the same stuff as buying the DLC...maybe its just me, but it seems like there should be something extra included for buying the DLC (maybe a unique mount or something?) Just wondering what other's thought...just seems the DLC (and really everything in the crown store) is very underwhelming for what it costs in comparison to what you get...I understand the push is to get people to subscribe (which I currently do), but IMO it wouldn't hurt to ad some incentive to the crown store stuff / DLC.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS isn't going to, and shouldn't, compartmentalize players in the way you suggest. Access is access regardless of ESO+ or Crown Store; they're both considered content rentals as you never 'own' any asset in the game.

Every game pack except for Imperial City comes with a bonus reward you can receive via paid or promotional access to DLC. I'm sure some people are upset that the ESO+ trial people get to claim those achievements. But, you know, let's focus on being a better community instead of dreaming about better rewards because we did something a different way.

Orsinium Reward - Echalette pet
    Thieves Guild Reward - Jackal pet
    Dark Brotherhood Reward - Assassin Personality
    Shadows of the Hist Reward - Heroic Personality
    Horns of the Reach Reward - Bull Horns Emote
    Clockwork City Reward - Scintillant Dovah-Fly
    Dragon Bones Reward - Renegade Dragon Priest Mask
    signing off
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ck37090 wrote: »
    As it is if you subscribe monthly you get all the same stuff as buying the DLC...maybe its just me, but it seems like there should be something extra included for buying the DLC...
    There usually is, just... not exactly for buying the DLC. But... you can get unique stuff from them, as achievement rewards... some for doing important parts of the storyline, others just by walking into Abahs Landing for the first time for example... costumes, outfit pieces, pets... just take some time looking at the achievements, and what some of them might reward.

There are also many mounts and other stuff themed for the DLC, but since the game is now crown store powered, those are of course sold seperately in the crown store. No surprise there.

And of course there -are- special offers in the crown store, buy the DLC and some other stuff as package deal, etc.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I buy DLC instead of subscribing and I'm fine with not getting anything extra for it. The benefit for me is that I pay less for it in the long-run.

I agree that subscribing and buying DLC is kind of pointless, but I think that's because ZOS intended players to pick one or the other, not both. And yes I think they push you towards subscribing, but that's with the other sub benefits rather than the DLC.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would probably make me buy it a little more often.