Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

(WIP) Grand Psijic Villa: Druid Sanctuary

Earrindo
Earrindo
✭✭✭✭✭
I figured I would post my work in progress of this house, and perhaps get some feedback.
The goal on this project is to transform the interior of the Psijic Villa into a Warden/Druid sanctuary. It could also be thought of as an Altmer temple to Y'ffre. The basic scheme was to use trees and plants to occupy some of the vertical space in the main hall. My main being a Warden was all the foundation I needed to see how it would look.
There are no screens of the courtyard. I have placed a number of items outside, but it is generally just small sitting areas and of course statues scattered around. I did quite like how this one shot of the approach came out though. The remainder of the screens will be behind spoiler tags.

aRbVlZQ.png

First is the entry. Images of either side of the entry vestibule.
jt0ZBlG.png
rts1WPy.png

Next are images of the main hall. There are a fair few images of this area.
0lk8u19.png
cqYJ30G.png
TSMn7WZ.png
7kuKZ6z.png
X9cmRZ9.png
And turned back towards the front door.
WvCcNz6.png

Next are the Galleries, upper and lower. I have yet to determine exactly how I will tackle lighting the upper galleries. I am already aware that they are quite dark.
jDFNerK.png
TemS4BH.png
ShQZMnU.png
x3SpaCZ.png
d9KdCHf.png

Next is the Vault. This room will have the least flavor on the PTS as I cannot be bothered running hither and yon to achievement furnishers for stuff I want displayed in this room. The stuff on the pedestals (except for the two fancy redguard chests) was just stuff I happened to have in my bank at the time of the character copy.
tDvTazK.png
nWWcdHZ.png
z7TF2xn.png
yTh2hd6.png

The Crafting room is tough to screenshot well. It is a very enjoyable space to navigate, and while I havent put in all the flavor pieces I want, I am keeping it a little simpler to see how it feels. My current crafting room is quite stuffed, and something a little simpler would be ideal.
lsCl0pA.png
ENOWNlQ.png
U8cTwPD.png
YZ8FSLOg.png
Atlc7YPg.png
sLVN9s0g.png

The meditation room with the pool behind the main dais was tricky. I am still debating just walling it off, but I do like the bathing pool element. I am very pleased with how the mystical tree turned out though.
inkykce.png
161kGon.png

The bedroom is still very much in progress. I like the suites a lot, as they are very manageable in scale. The other suite will be a kitchen, but I have barely started it and didnt want to post such early screens.
pMztGgE.png
hfTBNM3.png

A final addendum is that I am aware that many many items are not aligned properly or centered as they should be. I am iterating ideas on the PTS and am trying to not get too bogged down on super precise placement in favor of seeing how each area feels as I go, and dismantling areas if they dont work without having spent the proper amount of time placing things first.

Please feel free to leave thoughts or suggestions, always love getting new insights into my projects!
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for sharing these, they are very helpful for us without the PTS to see what can be done with this house :smile: Initially I thought it was too large, and would be impossible to decorate in some sort of cohesive manner, but I think you've done a great job so far. I love the monastery aesthetic--it's a brilliant idea to choose it for this house, because it really suits the architecture, and negates any need for cluterness, which works in favour of the slot restrictions. My favourite areas were the main plaza with all the trees and indoor gardens nooks, the trophy galleries, and the meditation room. Also, I like the way you've placed the waterfalls over the staircase--makes for a great entrance!
    Edited by Jaimeh on July 18, 2018 11:15AM
  • Nyrielle
    Nyrielle
    ✭✭
    That is absolutely stunning.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly? Putting in all of those big trees is BRILLIANT for a home as big a Grand Psijic Villa.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should never have posted screens at that point, literally the moment I posted them, I decided I hated the execution, and wanted to start clean, I stead of picking up the prefurnished areas as I went along.

My current iteration, which thanks to savehouse is mostly intact with the EU copy, is much much cleaner, yet the space of the main hall is occupied in a much more natural way.
    Not to mention I was able to get pretty detailed with the clutter in some spots while using fewer items.

I'll try and snag some screens, but on EU I'm missing so many statues and achievement furnishings, it looks pretty spartan.

I'm glad people like the idea though ) time will tell how it all shakes out once it gets to live.
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like Jaimeh, I thought this place would be too large to work with, but after seeing how you've interpretted the property, I'm excited again. The gardens on this home alone are worth buying it, in my opinion.

I particularly like how you have used lighting to create such a warm ambiance. Really attractive.

Thank you for taking the time to upload and share these pictures.
  • Aralan_B
    Aralan_B
    ✭✭
    Nicely done! Thanks for posting the pictures and giving me more ideas, especially for the upper and lower galleries. I was planning on putting the dungeon trophies in the "basement" in the wall arches, but I like what you did here to include the busts. So many choices!
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. This is probably the most interesting-looking house I have seen so far here. You have done a great job here!

I think the best measure of anyone's achievement is whether you can get something from that. And your crafting room certainly gave me some ideas. I was going to make a study from that room too and I certainly like your approach

As for suggestions, I feel that some spaces are too dark and maybe you should add some more Culanda Stones here and there. But if you went specifically for that kind of darkness, then it's fine

I hope we will have to see the final result after you've got your Psijic Villa on the main server
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on October 9, 2018 12:34PM
  • Wrathmane
    Wrathmane
    ✭✭✭
    When is the house to be released to us on live? I thought it was supposed to be this weekend.
    Sha'ria Wrathmane - Belora Wrathmane - Leora Wrathmane
    Former Head of Recruitment for Vokundein
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'll be given to us tomorrow, I assume that's the main purpose of the maintenance.

Also thanks all for the kind words! I will be sure to post the final results once I have a chance to decorate it on live ^^
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I particularly like the vault and the crafting room :)

The over all darkness lends itself very well to atmospheric lighting, which you have achieved everywhere.

Am I right in thinking that you can't get Culanda Stones any more? Missed out on that one, unless they bring them back.