The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Enchantment Glyph Feedback

Braelin
Braelin
Soul Shriven
I don't know if feedback ideas get looked at here, being my first time submitting anything, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

The last major update to Runestone resource drops resulted in a much desired outcome for those who were having a difficult time acquiring what was seen as a necessary part of the game. Even when starting crafting writs, players in beginner areas found themselves hard-pressed to obtain the necessary glyphs for what was supposed to be a tutorial. Now that Runestones have a possibility of dropping each type of stone and Mundane Runestones simultaneously, that problem was quickly rectified. However, it has also led to a monumental inflation of what are otherwise non-bot-farmable resources, with even the most valuable of Runestones, Kuta, deflating in price at guild traders by over 80% and resulting in players amassing hundreds of worthless stones that were previously priceless.

What I would suggest as a change is adapting a convention similar, if not identical, to every other crafting convention, in which in order to craft a basic Runestone you would still require the basics: Potency, Aspect, and Essence. However, all Runestones would be created using Ta as potency, resulting in a white level Runestone. In order to increase the power and rarity of the stone, Potency glyphs would need to be used in increasing increments, with a degree of failure for not using an amount with a 100% chance, just like every other crafting skill save Provisioning. The passive in the skill tree allowing for increasing degrees of Potency rune rarity would be exchanged for one that would decrease the minimum amount of Potency glyphs need for improvement, allowing even brand new players to create Legendary glyphs so long as they have the materials. This change would increase rarity and value of materials and put more importance on resource collecting, crafting, and exploration.
  • nemvar
    nemvar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terrible idea. Just imagine if EVERYONE had to use 8 kutas to upgrade one enchantment to gold or otherwise gimp themselves.

Thats 96-112 Kutas if you want a gold enchantment on every piece of gear! Using current prices (lets say 2k per kuta which is a low estimate) that would be around 200k just for enchantments! And lets not even think about the resulting price increase to kutas that this would create. We could easily be talking up to 1m just so we can enchant our gear.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Though I agree something must be done to make Ta, Jejota, and Denata runestones worth something ... this isn't the way to go about it.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All they'd have to do in order bring the value back to previous levels is cut the drop rate by 2/3rds, as whe, we could only get those times from the Aspect runestones.

But that's not really necessary, imo.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    It's been pitched a bunch of times over the years, but making some sort of conversion equivalency for the different levels would also give the lesser aspect runes some value other than simply amassing thousands of each clogging up inventories.

Without putting a lot of thought into the values, it could be something like 10 white = 1 green, 10 green = 1 blue, 10 blue = 1 purple, 10 purple = 1 gold.

In addition to giving the runes utility, this could also have the side effect of raising the prices of each of the lesser runes as well.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • XGCAlbatr0ss
    XGCAlbatr0ss
    ✭✭✭
    furniture crafting somewhat uses some of those excess stones, i know for sure theres a few plans that require jejota and denata's. Thats basically what i use mine for.