The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A word on hybrids after summerset, for BG and Cyrodil

DeeJayTC
DeeJayTC
Hey Lads,
i know people have been talking about hybrids quite a lot, yet it was mostly about pve and not reaching 30k+ dps etc etc....something which isn't really a point in PVP.
I can't get rid of the idea having a Sorc or a Templar running with Bow and Resto stuff using the best of both worlds stamina/magicka morphs.
Then again....i don't really know why i'm thinking that or why i want that.

One "idea" , more brainstorming...is this : http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=74634
Having access to magicka based heals, mutagen AND vigor seems pretty powerful to me on its own.

Few questions now after all:

- Would a hybrid build without pelinals work? as in one pure stamina set one pure magicka set?
- For PVP Only, bg's, Cyrodil...do you think a hybrid is viable? (with viable i don't mean king of the hill but can kill people and survive a bit)
- which sets would you use if pelinals is a must? Shacklebreaker? something more specific?
- whats the best class to try a hybrid pvp approach in your eyes? Warden? Sorc?

• rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hybrid builds will not be viable in PvE untill they unify the champion points so that people need to invest only in one skill tree for weapon/spell damage, and weapon/spell critical damage, and physical/spell penetration.

Only then hybrid builds will be viable.
  • DeeJayTC
    DeeJayTC
    thank you for taking the time to answer but thats not even remotely what i have written ;) I explicitly asked about pvp i dont care at all about pve.

For bgs even cp do not matter at all
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, hybrid we fine in PvP and is probably where they shine most. However, one build does not fit all or everything since everyone PvPs differently.

With that if you are planning on using healing/damage from both pools the Pelenals is probably a good idea. What you pair it with would probably depend a great deal on what your build ends up looking like. If this was PvE I would suggest MA but that is certainly not a great PvP set.
  • DeeJayTC
    DeeJayTC
    Yea i guess theres no way around Pelinals sadly, the set itself is not that great :(

Couple of sets come to my mind for hybrids:
    - Inate Axiom (prolly warden /nightblade only due to class skills)
    - Shacklebraker..good allround set i guess
    - Trainee -> only raw resource pool
    - Mechanical Acuity?!?
    - Twice Born maybe?

Obviously something like Molag Kena could work great as a monster set or Domihaus

However, out of these i think if i want to stick to my sorc only shacklebreaker is really an option.
  • DeeJayTC
    DeeJayTC
    or/else .....as we're fiddling around anyways.

Maybe
    5x pelinals
    4x sloads
    3x Axiom or Shackle

Could work?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have wondered about:

Shackle breaker
    Axiom
    Clever
    Domi or Kena

Type sets rather than pelinal

Biggest issue I've found in no CP is resource pools.

I also like infused wpn dmg jewelry + medium + pelinal (less resource pool issue)

But still

Check out @JackDaniell 's hybrid builds
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • DeeJayTC
    DeeJayTC
    Yea also thought about that already.

Resource pools won't be huge so we need to get weapon/spelldamage to ramp up our damage.
    Think having like 22-24k magicka and Stamina would be the final result for No-CP
    Means we need to have at least 3.5k Weapon Damage or at best even more.

If we use my example here http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=74634 , we end up with ~4k spell/weapon damage.

Thanks anyways i'll have alook at the builds!
  • DeeJayTC
    DeeJayTC
    Question is.....can anyone craft pelinal on EU for me in Medium CP 160 and Lvl30(all except shoulder and helm and all impen)
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hybrids will be a thing again the day the geniuses at ZoS:

1- Realize that Thaum star should go in the same constelation with MoA (Attro)
    2- Realize that blessed should go in the Attro constelation
    3- Realize Staff mastery should go in the Apprentice
    4- Realize Physical weapon mastery should go in the Ritual

Once it is done, you will be able to run cyro not only with an hybrid DD, but also with a hybrid healer.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeeJayTC wrote: »
    Hey Lads,
    i know people have been talking about hybrids quite a lot, yet it was mostly about pve and not reaching 30k+ dps etc etc....something which isn't really a point in PVP.
    I can't get rid of the idea having a Sorc or a Templar running with Bow and Resto stuff using the best of both worlds stamina/magicka morphs.
    Then again....i don't really know why i'm thinking that or why i want that.

One "idea" , more brainstorming...is this : http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=74634
    Having access to magicka based heals, mutagen AND vigor seems pretty powerful to me on its own.

Few questions now after all:

- Would a hybrid build without pelinals work? as in one pure stamina set one pure magicka set?
    - For PVP Only, bg's, Cyrodil...do you think a hybrid is viable? (with viable i don't mean king of the hill but can kill people and survive a bit)
    - which sets would you use if pelinals is a must? Shacklebreaker? something more specific?
    - whats the best class to try a hybrid pvp approach in your eyes? Warden? Sorc?

Shacklebreaker is garbage for a hybrid build. With pelinals you'll be wasting one its first two set bonuses because Pelinal's will cancel out whichever (SD/WD) is lower.

For Maximum hybrid damage, you'd probably want to go Pelinals with Acuity. That would get you to an effective crit chance of over 50% for both weapon and spell crit,

Lover Mundus for maxmum damage.

You'll have to use Dual Wield on one bar to maximize WD/SD. You could get around 1000 more weapon damage very easily using a DW nirnhoned/infused setup.

You literally picked the two worst weapons for a hybrid. lol

But I"ve actually got a Bow/Frost staff setup that I like using Sload's, Twin Sisters, and Skoria.

It's not a hybrid really,. I just like the magicka block cost, extra resistances, and long range root provided by the weapon.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You effectively have the same stat pool and twice the regen (since MR and SR are always ticking away)

The problem is, with the way damage is calculated, your main skills will hit half as hard (you'll just have twice as many to choose from) and your ult will hit half as hard as well.

This will even affect your light and heavy attacks.

You'll likely be more resilient and survivable, but you're not going to be killing a well played single stat build very often, I suspect.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • DeeJayTC
    DeeJayTC
    What about this one?
    http://eso-sets.com/set/swamp-raider
    could be interesting if sorc curse triggers that
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeeJayTC wrote: »
    What about this one?
    http://eso-sets.com/set/swamp-raider
    could be interesting if sorc curse triggers that

It's getting changed next patch to just providing the disease and poison damage buff all the time.

It's a good set, but not for hybrids, and mostly it's for PVP Bow build DKs and Wardens.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe hybrid builds can work in PVP without pelinials. Innate axiom is probably the perfect set for this. Alteration mastery, impregnable, pariah are all good neutral hybrid sets.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To revise my previous comment, the damage will obviously be at least “slightly” lower depending upon how you allocate champion points & combat penetration ratings.
    However, due to diminishing return scaling in cp, you could situate the scenario so damage is only slightly lower
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • DeeJayTC
    DeeJayTC
    yea thats what i thought.
    no surprise..damage will be lower than pure builds but the benefits could make up for that.

Still need to decide for weapons and im more a ranged guy tho...however healing ward + vigor + mutagen as an example sounds lile a crapton of survivability to me on paper.

So Bow/Resto could be a thing or maybe i try 2h/resto or something like that.

Deffo giving it a try now. Just not sure if i try it on sorc or nb...my warden is 33....needs some time haha
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your heals aren’t going to be enough when defiled and your magika is too low for harness to be useful while your stamina is too low to sustain significant dodge roll or block as a mitigation tool. You can cast like 8 skills from each pool

You might find some success, but if pressured you’ll be entirely healer dependent. That’s in addition to having low damage of course.

Edit: Since you’re familiar with build editor, find a typical stam sorc build and check the vigor tooltip. You can do the same for a magika spec with resto heals. That should make it clear why your healing is not going to be adequate.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on July 17, 2018 11:56PM
  • DeeJayTC
    DeeJayTC
    well if we talk about bgs, my sorc has around 31k magicka. My NB around 27k stam (and 5k wd)

a hybrid build would have 21-22k thats not thaaaaat much less,

• kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we’re talking nightblade you can kite with shadow image & that ultimate from psijic.

If talking Templar both pariah or impreg with s&b, tri-stat glyphs, & repentance should help sustain.
    And those circles you stand in should help survivability. By using tri glyphs with heavy you can use blue food for inc stam & magic recovery.

Sloads & skoria should give you plenty of bodies to hit repentance on.

Not sure about dk, sorc, or warden.
    Edited by kaithuzar on July 18, 2018 5:40PM
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It‘s a pretty easy answer after all: your hybrid build will NEVER be as strong as current meta builds or builds that focus on one type of damage. That being said, I ran hybrid builds on every class now, because I enjoy making and playing „off meta“ builds. You have to realize though that you are limiting your success to an inferior build, which you will have to make up for with skill.

The most appealing hybrid class imo is sorc, because you can access op curse and fury as a stamsorc. DK with FoO is cool for double crits too, and you can use whip on a stambuild (yay stamwhip). NBs don’t really benefit of hybrid playstyle because they have morphs for both playstyles anyways. There’s a few cool DOT setups for Templar you can play, but haven’t tested them yet because he’s my PvE char. Haven’t touched wardenbrid too much, cuz I enjoy my current icebuild.