Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sun+Skoria+(Spellweave vs Destruction Mastery)

lagrue
lagrue
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey everybody, with the recent changes from Sumerset changing how set pieces are calculted with Staves, I'm now trying to do a 5/5/2 build and I'm stuck in a hard decision.

I'm using Sun and Destruction Mastery Currently, but I have Skoria on the sideline and plan to work it in - that said, I've been doing dungeons alot more lately and have racked up a nice amount of Burning Spellweave Gear.

I've compared Burning Spellweave to Destruction Mastery and quite frankly it all comes down to the 5th set piece bonus:
-Destruction Mastery adds roughly 2.5k Magicka total at default rarity
-Spellweave adds a 15% chance to proc. burning AND add 525 spell power at default rarity

Now, I'm having a hard time deciding because I really want to capitalize on my fire damage, since this is a pure fire mage build. That said max Magicka is good because it adds to the Magicka pool but iirc is also factored into damage calculations.

Which set would the more experienced of you lot out there choose?

Additional info:
-Dunmer Dragonknight
-Thief Stone
-58 Spell Erosion + 15 Elemental Expert + 5 Elfborn (current goal to boost up Elfborn with my CP from now on)
-57 Staff Expert + 72 Master-At-Arms
-I use Tri-stat glyphs on most pieces. A couple have Kuta Magicka
-Flame of Oblivion slotted for the Prophecy+Savagery Buff

I have an okayish rotation (I think) Light, [Flame Whip], Light, [Elemental Blockade][Engulfing Flame], Heavy - but with this I'm not hitting anywhere near the DPS I would like to be seeing. I have Obsidian Shard on for the times that I need a quick CC/Self Heal. Maybe my rotation could work isk, but it's low DPS as it stands.
Edited by lagrue on July 17, 2018 10:43AM
PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
*GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Farm for a bsw fire or lighting staff.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Believe me, I've been trying for that Inferno Staff. RNG is a fickle mistress at times. Keep getting Bows, Axes, and pretty much everything else lol
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lagrue wrote: »

Believe me, I've been trying for that Inferno Staff. RNG is a fickle mistress at times. Keep getting Bows, Axes, and pretty much everything else lol

Lightning is almost as good. Most of your damage is aoe any ways, the extra 8% there makes up for the light attack damage you would be missing, ie the 7% more from being a dark elf. If you got one of those, use that.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on July 18, 2018 12:15PM