The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

MagSorc Ganker 30k+ Build (video)

• mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Gprime31 wrote: »
    It depends who is playing the sorc. There are mediocre ones and the god tier ones.

At the moment a 3 year old could play one

Then just roll one if you haven't learnt how to counter one yet.

As honestly the moaning is getting boring. They were crap for 6 months, Rune Cage gets a few K damage and everyone loses their mind. Sorc hate is a default state by bad players I'm afraid.

These comments are just getting dull now.

Got one haven't played it in over a year as to use a quote from you it's dull to play and guess your playing sorc If you don't see how bad rune cage is , it's not even the damage that's any issue it's that it's so buggy most of the time you can't break it and it's dull how people constant sit here and defending sorcs is an ignorance of bad players that don't want a broken class fixed

The issue is crying wolf. Despite Sorc being mediocre at best for 6 months the moaning continued. So now it carries on, its hard to decipher what's real and what's noise. Sure cage got a buff, but now its getting a Nerf.

You say damage wasn't the issue yet where were the complaints before damage was added??

As for bugs. Cool if so, then it matches fear. Buggy and keeping Blades OP from launching.

They could remove the class and complaints still come in. Half of which are running Sloads.

As for Cage, slot Immov Pots. Skill doesn't even fire.

Cry wolf enough and folks dont listen

Completely agree here. No-one was complaining about Rune Cage sorcs until the damage was buffed. We have had access to Rune Cage in its current state since CwC and there were no complaints until the damage buff. And then everyone comes to the forums and complains about Rune Cage being an issue, so Zos decreases the damage, and then everyone tries to act like the damage isn't the problem. But there were hardly any complaints about Rune Cage prior to the damage buff.

correct me if i'm wrong - but rune cage was not an undodgeable / unblockable cc prior to summerset. That change, coupled with the increased power of 2h's adding to sets and the change to LA/HA damage has combined to make it extremely deadly.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Rarok_Yariy
    Rarok_Yariy
    ✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    5x Queen's Elegance, 5x Spinner's Garment's, 2x Slimecraw --- 7x light --- 7x devines --- jewelery, 3x arcane, 3x spell damage enchant --- fire staff, nirnhoned, shock damage enchant --- healing staff, infused, weapon damage enchant --- magicka/hp food -- the lover mundus stone --- vampire 4 stage

champion points
    elfborn 51, elemental expert 64, spell erosion 69, master at arms 66, ironclad 51, resistant 51, thick skinned 2, hardy 15, elemental defender 15, bastion 100, expert defender 16, warlord 34, mooncalf 27, arcanist 49, thumbling 20, shadow ward 20, shade 100

do you even use the healing staff to proc the WD enchant? looked like all those ganks u just sat on destro bar. just curious.

no, I don't use before gank
    Edited by Rarok_Yariy on July 17, 2018 6:38PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends who is playing the sorc. There are mediocre ones and the god tier ones.

As honestly the moaning is getting boring. They were crap for 6 months, Rune Cage gets a few K damage and everyone loses their mind. Sorc hate is a default state by bad players I'm afraid.

Got one haven't played it in over a year as to use a quote from you it's dull to play and guess your playing sorc If you don't see how bad rune cage is , it's not even the damage that's any issue it's that it's so buggy most of the time you can't break it and it's dull how people constant sit here and defending sorcs is an ignorance of bad players that don't want a broken class fixed

The issue is crying wolf. Despite Sorc being mediocre at best for 6 months the moaning continued. So now it carries on, its hard to decipher what's real and what's noise. Sure cage got a buff, but now its getting a Nerf.

You say damage wasn't the issue yet where were the complaints before damage was added??

As for bugs. Cool if so, then it matches fear. Buggy and keeping Blades OP from launching.

They could remove the class and complaints still come in. Half of which are running Sloads.

Completely agree here. No-one was complaining about Rune Cage sorcs until the damage was buffed. We have had access to Rune Cage in its current state since CwC and there were no complaints until the damage buff. And then everyone comes to the forums and complains about Rune Cage being an issue, so Zos decreases the damage, and then everyone tries to act like the damage isn't the problem. But there were hardly any complaints about Rune Cage prior to the damage buff.

correct me if i'm wrong - but rune cage was not an undodgeable / unblockable cc prior to summerset. That change, coupled with the increased power of 2h's adding to sets and the change to LA/HA damage has combined to make it extremely deadly.

Rune cage was made unblockable and undodgeable with CWC, before that it was a disorient that was broken by damage. The damage component was only if the CC lasted the entire duration.

After Summerset, the only thing that changed was the damage happened regardless of if the CC was broken or ran its full duration. And the stun duration was increased.

If the stun duration is the problem, then the damage from the ability is meaningless. And if a player is getting killed before the stun ends, they are taking zero damage from rune cage and all of the damage from the other abilities.

So yeah, the ability is no different than what it was 3 months ago. If you are taking any damage from Rune Cage you are CC breaking or lasting 5 seconds under a Sorc's amazing burst. If you are not taking any damage from Rune Cage you would have died to that same Sorc in the last patch and the one before it.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well - i will say that the change to 2h'ers definitely brought alot of mag sorcs out of the closet to play again. I think that coupled with the CWC change to undodgeable/unblockable (which may not have been as widely known or prevelant because people weren't playing mag sorcs during CWC) has brought on all the attention of this class. should it have been known about 3 months ago? yes. but i think the widespread popularity of the class and thus the prevelance of the ability was not escalated until the summerset weapon changes and LA/HA changes.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well - i will say that the change to 2h'ers definitely brought alot of mag sorcs out of the closet to play again. I think that coupled with the CWC change to undodgeable/unblockable (which may not have been as widely known or prevelant because people weren't playing mag sorcs during CWC) has brought on all the attention of this class. should it have been known about 3 months ago? yes. but i think the widespread popularity of the class and thus the prevelance of the ability was not escalated until the summerset weapon changes and LA/HA changes.

But, many mag sorcs were already running setups very similar to what is being run this patch. So the change to 2 hand weapons didn't do much. Either lich is being back barred and a monster set is run or they were double barring two sets and running 1 piece domihaus. I was doing the latter on my sorc and all I did when summerset hit was add a headpiece that gave me another 1000 magicka. Hardly a game changing move. And for those back barring lich, nothing really changed for their builds. And if they are running Rune Cage, running the Master's Staff isn't going to do them much good.

And as for LA/HA changes, every class got a boost with this. But you know what didn't get boosted to counter the added damage, Shields. And if anything, MagDKs with petrify and flame staff LA/HA are going to do far more damage, without even needing to spec into it, with those attacks than a sorc.

And if you want to talk about a damage boost, you should see what the two set piece change did to the damage and sustain of my two handed stamblade. It was game changing.
    Edited by jaws343 on July 17, 2018 7:01PM
  • Tesfa
    Tesfa

Teach me to counter rune cage, please. Cause I am a noob who has not learned. Also, teach me how to counter the preset execute that procs at supposedly 20% health but blows up at 40% while you're rune caged and for some reason spamming break free but you're still bending the knee like these sorcs are named Daenerys *** Targaryen.

Edited by Tesfa on July 17, 2018 7:07PM
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

Incorrect. There was no tooltip damage increase for Rune Cage during last chapter. In summerset it was changed how dmg will be applied so it's almost guaranteed now instead of just beeing applied when enemie wont break free , not mentioning that stun duration was also increased from 2,5 to 5 seconds. That is pretty huge difference between CwC and current version of the ability.

Also rune cage change was not the only buff sorc got. Huge buff was change for 2 handed weapons which gaved basicly additional stats and set bonuses to sorcs so their base dmg and defense went up without any sacrifices. Sorcs went from 5/5/1/1 with master destro front bar to 5/5/2/2 and gained extremly reliable stun with additional dmg portion that is added up to already existing burst combo.

So, to recap:

1)
    - people cried because sorcs used heavy telegraphed crystal frags. Yes, the one spell that I see dodged 9 times out of 10. But it was too much for baddies to cope, so ZOS nerfed it.
    - sorcs switch to something else and they call nerf on it.
    - sorcs finally switch to rune cage and they call nerf on it.

Basically, sorcs main problem is that they exist. Whatever they do or use, they are "OP".

2)
    Apparently ZOS created an evil expansion where only sorcs got the 2 handed weapons and only them got benefits. Allright!
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, teach me how to counter the preset execute that procs at supposedly 20% health but blows up at 40%

Proof?
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    Lmao at least snipe has a unique audio cue giving you a heads up to block or dodge.
    Every1 will be running Defensive Stance now hahaha
    Good thing I dont play cp campaign. Glad you (temporarily) reitred your cancerplar in Sotha tho xD

Sylosi wrote: »
    This looks like another great build and highlights the skilled play ESO is known for, I am sure with more builds like this ESO PvP will become an even greater success than it already is.
    Arent you one of those pesky AD stamblades running around with a buddy ganking people who are already fighting other players.......
    Your name looks familiar, if so...oh the irony.

- easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There zos how much more do you need to see that this class is unbalanced and needs nerfing

So what you are saying is that because he timed two projectiles together, from stealth, the class is broken by op?

But if other classes do burst combos it's ok because it's not a sorc doing it....

Heres the thing, the build only works when he has overload ready and when he doesnt he squishy.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »

Incorrect. There was no tooltip damage increase for Rune Cage during last chapter. In summerset it was changed how dmg will be applied so it's almost guaranteed now instead of just beeing applied when enemie wont break free , not mentioning that stun duration was also increased from 2,5 to 5 seconds. That is pretty huge difference between CwC and current version of the ability.

Also rune cage change was not the only buff sorc got. Huge buff was change for 2 handed weapons which gaved basicly additional stats and set bonuses to sorcs so their base dmg and defense went up without any sacrifices. Sorcs went from 5/5/1/1 with master destro front bar to 5/5/2/2 and gained extremly reliable stun with additional dmg portion that is added up to already existing burst combo.

So, to recap:

1)
    - people cried because sorcs used heavy telegraphed crystal frags. Yes, the one spell that I see dodged 9 times out of 10. But it was too much for baddies to cope, so ZOS nerfed it.

Basically, sorcs main problem is that they exist. Whatever they do or use, they are "OP".

2)
    Apparently ZOS created an evil expansion where only sorcs got the 2 handed weapons and only them got benefits. Allright!

That selective look on things some people have amuses me. Just looking at 1 side of the coin without aknowledging full image...

- crystal frag with stun was strong. Saying that only 1 out of 10 procced frags landed on enemie is straight forward lie and though it was also not 100% it was still enough for this ability to be very effective and grant lot of free kills especially from shorter distances where avoiding it wasnt that easy. Having hard hitting ability that also applies CC on class that have 2 delayed burst abilities and basicly can create combo of multiple hard hitting abilities at once where stun is part of one of them which basicly bypasses the cooldown normally needed to apply stun is too strong asset
    - saying "sorc switched to something else" is amusing oversimplification. After changes to master weapons sorcs switched to stun that is part of spammable ability that is also cheaper then their regular spammable ability they used before and can deal more dmg if we'll include DoT part. It was a buff in many situations instead of nerf so it's natural many people called for nerf since not much changed for sorcs when it comes to creating burst combo where part of the burst is hard hitting ability with stun.
    - well on class that already have lot of delayed burst abilites , got stat buffs in current update having a long range stun that goes through block and dodge plus now applies additional portion of dmg to the burst is additional buff.

Basicly sorc main problem is that their offensive combo is getting buffed instead of nerfed since they can always find the way to compensate some "nerfs". This is partially fault of flawed desing of the class.

2.Magicka double staves builds benefits the most from 2 handed weapons changes in PvP if we'll compare their build options before and after summerset . From all builds that benefited of this change magsorc is on the top.

Edited by Juhasow on July 18, 2018 9:33PM
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So, to recap:

1)

2)

That selective look on things some people have amuses me. Just looking at 1 side of the coin without aknowledging full image...

- crystal frag with stun was strong. Saying that only 1 out of 10 procced frags landed on enemie is straight forward lie and though it was also not 100% it was still enough for this ability to be very effective and grant lot of free kills especially from shorter distances where avoiding it wasnt that easy. Having hard hitting ability that also applies CC on class that have 2 delayed burst abilities and basicly can create combo of multiple hard hitting abilities at once where stun is part of one of them which basicly bypasses the cooldown normally needed to apply stun is too strong asset
    - saying "sorc switched to something else" is amusing oversimplification. After changes to master weapons sorcs switched to stun that is part of spammable ability that is also cheaper then their regular spammable ability they used before and can deal more dmg if we'll include DoT part. It was a buff in many situations instead of nerf so it's natural many people called for nerf since not much changed for sorcs when it comes to creating burst combo where part of the burst is hard hitting ability with stun.
    - well on class that already have lot of delayed burst abilites , got stat buffs in current update having a long range stun that goes through block and dodge plus now applies additional portion of dmg to the burst is additional buff.

Basicly sorc main problem is that their offensive combo is getting buffed instead of nerfed since they can always find the way to compensate some "nerfs". This is partially fault of flawed desing of the class.

2.Magicka double staves builds benefits the most from 2 handed weapons changes in PvP if we'll compare their build options before and after summerset . From all builds that benefited of this change magsorc is on the top.

Well, when it's FOUR YEARS you have against the whole cry-nerf gang, it's necessary to harden up. If we give up even 1 pixel, in 6 months all we'll have left is light attack and even then, someone like you will complain it's OP because 2h got buffed but sorcs got it "oh so way much more buffed".

Also, I am sorry if your sorc experience is against potatoes. I played in a guild with small scale PvP events and we met both potatoes (irrelevant) and good players. Good players just don't get hit by crystal frags, period. You have first to grind them down - painfully so - until they eventually cannot roll dodge them any more or similar.

The "switch to something else" was to hide the exact ability and to show that the cycle could go on for 30 different nerfs and patches: as we sorcs must adapt to the next thing, everyone else refuse to adapt and just cry nerf until we switch to something else. Regardless of what will be this "something", we SHALL be called nerf on it anyway, with no exception, with no respite, with no mercy.

Class with offensive combo: of course we have an offensive burst combo. We have no debuffs, no pressure DoTs, no penetration abilities, close to no healing. What are we meant to kill stuff with? Bad words?
    Unfortunately ZOS has copy pasted sorcs from the other games, so - like the other games - we have shields and big burst. Go blame the "warrior-mage-rogue" "holy trinity" that most games adopt.

2. That does not matter, because all classes got buffed and the differences are not abyssal.
    Edited by Vahrokh on July 18, 2018 10:34PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, to recap:

1)

2)

Well, when it's FOUR YEARS you have against the whole cry-nerf gang, it's necessary to harden up. If we give up even 1 pixel, in 6 months all we'll have left is light attack and even then, someone like you will complain it's OP because 2h got buffed but sorcs got it "oh so way much more buffed".

Also, I am sorry if your sorc experience is against potatoes. I played in a guild with small scale PvP events and we met both potatoes (irrelevant) and good players. Good players just don't get hit by crystal frags, period. You have first to grind them down - painfully so - until they eventually cannot roll dodge them any more or similar.

The "switch to something else" was to hide the exact ability and to show that the cycle could go on for 30 different nerfs and patches: as we sorcs must adapt to the next thing, everyone else refuse to adapt and just cry nerf until we switch to something else. Regardless of what will be this "something", we SHALL be called nerf on it anyway, with no exception, with no respite, with no mercy.

Class with offensive combo: of course we have an offensive burst combo. We have no debuffs, no pressure DoTs, no penetration abilities, close to no healing. What are we meant to kill stuff with? Bad words?
    Unfortunately ZOS has copy pasted sorcs from the other games, so - like the other games - we have shields and big burst. Go blame the "warrior-mage-rogue" "holy trinity" that most games adopt.

2. That does not matter, because all classes got buffed and the differences are not abyssal.

Magsorc camed to power after tamriel unlimited and since then real nerf threads started so it havnt been four years. Tho and a half three years maybe. Also even during that time there were ups and downs of magsorcs compared to other builds so pretending to be a white knight protecting the build for four years from massive offensive from QQers is laughable.

Most of the players in this game are potatoes. This is how literally every populated MMO looks like. Zenimax tries hard to make scrubs beeing close to effectiveness of experienced players but scrubs are still scrubs and tend not to avoid crystal perfectly. So still missing 9 out of 10 is silly statement. Also yes good players are still getting hit by frags just less often the potatoes and You need to suprise them with it not just throw crystal at them when they're at 30 meters distance looking at You with full stam.

Yeah yeah. Sorc are the only build that needs to adapt... Is this even serious statement or just some troll ? The problem is that some builds even after adapting still cant do anything agaisnt certain builds. Sorc is not one of them. Also i think you're overreacting a lot.

Yeah pretty funny that You mentioned just drawbacks but no benefits... I wouldnt said zenimax copy/paster anything from anywhere. Otherwise balance wouldnt suck like it's currently. The always needs to add something over classic well known formulas which not always works.

2. No. Not all builds got buffed and even on 1 class You can find setups that got buffed and the ones that didnt. For example for stamsorc with s&b/2h literally nothing has changed. Still You have 5/5/2 and asylum weapon. So if You compare that setup gear options against magsorc after summerset differences are pretty visible. Magsorc got like 2-3k max magicka and 2nd monster set piece for free with summerset thx for willpower stave and 2nd monster piece part. There is no arguing that in pvp magsorc is one of the biggest winners when it comes to 2 handed weapons changes. This plus rune cage buff where for other builds not much changed is kinda significant buff.

I am not saying that it got better in every possible scenario and now magsorcs are unbeatable but amount of situations where it got better for them compared to those where it got worse or not much changed is simply higher.

Edited by Juhasow on July 19, 2018 6:10AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The change for 2H mostly means Sorcs can run Willpower on the front bar now, since most Sorcs ran a setup that involved back barred Lich. So, which class specific mechanic gives them the most profit from 2H changes? I don’t see that.

As for the rest: if potatoes are your benchmark then you don’t have to do balance at all. LMAO about Frags being still too strong after 2 damage nerfs and being one of the slowest and easy to dodge projectiles in the game.
    Edited by Feanor on July 19, 2018 7:06AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's because most sorcs didn't think to slot it until it got the damage buff. Just because it was underused doesn't mean it wasn't overperforming.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's because most sorcs didn't think to slot it until it got the damage buff. Just because it was underused doesn't mean it wasn't overperforming.

Indeed. Also because before 2h weapons got the buff, many sorcs were using a master destro because it was bis to use along with lich. Why use rune cage to cc with a master destro slotted?
    Now that 2h has changed, sorcs have been given more options on gear set ups.

I don't mind the cc itself, it's no different from petrify or fear (except buggy to break but so is fear a lot of the time.) The range of rune cage however blows those ccs clear out of the water... seriously, lower the range Zos!
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hard to believe Zenimax actually buffed this build despite Overload gankers existing before Summerset
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    Hard to believe Zenimax actually buffed this build despite Overload gankers existing before Summerset

Yeah, why give a class two builds, we shoud give all PvPers one forced competitive build and let them play only that!
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So, to recap:

1)

2)

Magsorc camed to power after tamriel unlimited and since then real nerf threads started so it havnt been four years. Tho and a half three years maybe. Also even during that time there were ups and downs of magsorcs compared to other builds so pretending to be a white knight protecting the build for four years from massive offensive from QQers is laughable.

Most of the players in this game are potatoes. This is how literally every populated MMO looks like. Zenimax tries hard to make scrubs beeing close to effectiveness of experienced players but scrubs are still scrubs and tend not to avoid crystal perfectly. So still missing 9 out of 10 is silly statement. Also yes good players are still getting hit by frags just less often the potatoes and You need to suprise them with it not just throw crystal at them when they're at 30 meters distance looking at You with full stam.

Yeah yeah. Sorc are the only build that needs to adapt... Is this even serious statement or just some troll ? The problem is that some builds even after adapting still cant do anything agaisnt certain builds. Sorc is not one of them. Also i think you're overreacting a lot.

Yeah pretty funny that You mentioned just drawbacks but no benefits... I wouldnt said zenimax copy/paster anything from anywhere. Otherwise balance wouldnt suck like it's currently. The always needs to add something over classic well known formulas which not always works.

2. No. Not all builds got buffed and even on 1 class You can find setups that got buffed and the ones that didnt. For example for stamsorc with s&b/2h literally nothing has changed. Still You have 5/5/2 and asylum weapon. So if You compare that setup gear options against magsorc after summerset differences are pretty visible. Magsorc got like 2-3k max magicka and 2nd monster set piece for free with summerset thx for willpower stave and 2nd monster piece part. There is no arguing that in pvp magsorc is one of the biggest winners when it comes to 2 handed weapons changes. This plus rune cage buff where for other builds not much changed is kinda significant buff.

I am not saying that it got better in every possible scenario and now magsorcs are unbeatable but amount of situations where it got better for them compared to those where it got worse or not much changed is simply higher.

- We had nerf threads about everything possible (from mines to the evergreen and multi-nerfed Ward) since the dawn of time.
    I recall people calling nerf because sorcs could kill DOSHIA in 2014!!!

The nerfs on AoE ring? Not a proper sorc ability but used by us ALL. 2014 Ancient Pulsar and Elemental ring nerfs.

- Game full of potatoes? Yes! And sorcs are exactly THE potato murdering class. No surprise it's potatoes constantly calling for sorcs nerfs. It's the worst possible scenario: sorc is the NB + potatoes counter at the same time, the sum amounts to like 90% of the playerbase! No surprise they fill the forums.

- No, all should adapt. But other classes do the impossible to make sorcs nerfed in every way so THEY have not to adapt.

- Yes, Zenimax (to my displeausure), with Wrobel, betrayed the "play as you want" and switched to the simpler and classic "holy trinity" concept. No surprise hybrid wardens suck so bad, holy trinity games always penalise hybrids a TON (see classic WoW with druids).

- Yes, magsorcs have been one of the 2h buffs winners. One of, probably the biggest winners, but certainly not the only ones. You make it look like ZOS actively works 24/7 to buff sorcs and nothing else.

- They buffed rune cage because - believe it or not - even a sorc is meant to kill in PvP. As they get nerfed across every possible feature, ZOS have to compensate elsewhere (that is Rune Cage). This time, the "elsewhere" has been especially nasty.
    But - as I said - there would not be any "elsewhere" if people did not scream nerf to EVERYTHING possible and impossible that even vaguely relates to sorcs. I guess a lot are now regretting having demanded crystal frags multi-nerfs. I regret that too, because they castrated the one unique offiensive class signature we had left. I wish we got frags back, then you can keep Rune Cage and dine with it.

• MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you generally need the execute? I've been thinking that - Crystal Blast Hard Cast - Overload LA - Rune Cage - is enough to kill people.

Thoughts? Also, what are you running with Elegance? I've tried Mechanical Acuity (guaranteed OL crits are not to be *** with), Overwhelming Surge, & Spectre's Eye.

Right now I'm Elegance - Domihaus - Spectre: Spectre gets me some nice dodge breaks on occasion, but in a protracted 1v1 fight against a competent Stamblade or Meteor MagSorc I have issues. MagNB I don't have much issue with because I slot Negate as my other ultimate, I feint with Overload which gets them to burn some CD's and when they come back to re-engage I shield stack and Curse - Pulse - Negate - Rune Cage - Execute.

What's a good defensive set to run with it? I've been considering VMA Staff - Skoria - Elegance - Transmutation lately. I'd be able to push out crazy heavy attacks with Resto Staff or Lightning Staff which would proc Skoria, almost wouldn't even need Overload and I'd have around 3k crit resist.

Would do - Root - Blockade - (on Off Balance) - Curse, Heavy attack, Frags/Wrath.
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well all of a sudden I'm getting ganked by sorcs a mile away so yes they are OP rn and need a nerf

When you get two overload light attacks for 13k each and never even see it, just health drains...it's a problem. But like everyone in eso who plays the meta says, it's not OP. Lol
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a1i3nz wrote: »
    Well all of a sudden I'm getting ganked by sorcs a mile away so yes they are OP rn and need a nerf

When you get two overload light attacks for 13k each and never even see it, just health drains...it's a problem. But like everyone in eso who plays the meta says, it's not OP. Lol

You never been sniped before? You don't know how to dodge roll or what?
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MalagenR wrote: »

Yeah, I don't get it. Had a death recap earlier... included(among other sub-3k hits) Cage 2.5k, curse 3.5k, snipe 11k..

Nerf sorc'!!!..
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    MalagenR wrote: »

Yeah, I don't get it. Had a death recap earlier... included(among other sub-3k hits) Cage 2.5k, curse 3.5k, snipe 11k..

Nerf sorc'!!!..

At least OL doesn't desync you. When two snipers are working together you're dead and don't even know it.