The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Transmute Crystals limit and lost crystals

NorfolkXX
NorfolkXX
✭✭✭
Hey ZOS!

I just noted that when you have 169/200 transmute crystals and open a 50-crystal-geode, the game will fill up to 200/200 - and discard the rest, good fine 19 crystals on auto-destroy, without notice. Seriously, you ZOS could have done better here.

Yes, I also could have checked if they fit into my inventory, but since you dont let us open those small geodes with 1, 2 or 4 crystals when we are "full", I didnt expect the game just to delete 19 of my hard earned crystals.

Or is it just one of the endless amount of bugs which never get fixed? Same like that serverlag which makes trials like ncr+2 unplayable atm... this game is more and more pure frustration.
Thx, had to rant after giving up at tonights trial runs cause nothing worked, only lag, bug, issues...

• lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NorfolkXX wrote: »
    Hey ZOS!

I just noted that when you have 169/200 transmute crystals and open a 50-crystal-geode, the game will fill up to 200/200 - and discard the rest, good fine 19 crystals on auto-destroy, without notice. Seriously, you ZOS could have done better here.

Yes, I also could have checked if they fit into my inventory, but since you dont let us open those small geodes with 1, 2 or 4 crystals when we are "full", I didnt expect the game just to delete 19 of my hard earned crystals.

Or is it just one of the endless amount of bugs which never get fixed? Same like that serverlag which makes trials like ncr+2 unplayable atm... this game is more and more pure frustration.
    Thx, had to rant after giving up at tonights trial runs cause nothing worked, only lag, bug, issues...

You also have to be careful with coffers from trials. It you take all when you're maxed out on crystals you'll lose all those in the box. Rubbish way of dealing with something that's supposed to be a reward
    PS4 EU
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each time you open any transmutation geode a message prompt should pop up right bottom of the screen that tells you crystals you have out of 200.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been brought up before.

If someone is already at the cap they cannot open a geode. However, if a geode puts a player at the cap any crystals that are beyond the cap should still be added to none is lost.

It is a really poor design to cause a player to lose something that does take a lot of effort to grind. Hopefully Zos has a vision to see a good fix to this issue.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know why they have this limit?
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »

I'm sure it's because of something along the lines that they do not want people always changing the traits on their gear, as it may be unfair, i don't know. I don't see how it would be an issue in their eyes, as it takes so long to get to 200 (for me at least).
    Xbox NA
    CP810+

Valthyr Alynwen High Elf MagSorc EP
    Valeon Indoril Dark Elf MagDK EP
    Willard Lorrthane Breton MagDen EP
    Faelian Elilanar High Elf MagPlar EP
    Dro'Kassa Khajiit MagCro EP
    Im-Tanky-Enough Argonian Tank EP
    Lorgdan Bladesmith Orc StamBlade DC
    Cyrus Hayle Redguard StamSorc EP
    Xuxtheem-Light-Bearer Argonian Healer AD
    Galen Morthain Dark Elf MagBlade EP
    Burgesh the Mighty Orc StamDen DC
    Mekar the Vile Orc StamCro DC

"Fimmion hungry. Want sweetroll. Fimmion like pants. Love sweetroll."
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »

I'm sure it's because of something along the lines that they do not want people always changing the traits on their gear, as it may be unfair, i don't know. I don't see how it would be an issue in their eyes, as it takes so long to get to 200 (for me at least).

Pvp monthly rewards give you 50, so I just earnt 450. Getting 200 is too easy.