The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Does Snipe No Longer Have an Animation?

Waffennacht
Waffennacht
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Just curious.

I know it was bugged (and still occasionally is) with everything landing at once

However, I've noticed when being attacked with Snipe, I no longer see any animation... Ever.

Is this intended? I remember the arrows were visible as they were incoming, but now I just see health pools drop
Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
1300+ CP
Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When a bowtard drools on their snipe key long enough, lag eventually eats the animation and health desync kills their target for them.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the victim's experience of Snipe was altered to stop Miats notification addon picking up on the related program generated events.

When I shoot Snipe nothing seems to have changed as regards animation or outcome. My sniper adopts the same pose while the channel time runs down, and if the ping goes over 200 he can just get stuck standing like that for ever.
    PC EU
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems there’s a bug. I like to open with snipe at times or if there’s a ranged standoff, use it and the animation does seem to disappear at times. It’s so crappy though that I’d rather get in melee range if I can.
    Edited by technohic on July 16, 2018 9:56PM
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im getting more and more one shotted by snipes landing at once...

No sound, no animation, no gradually hp loss, no lag. Just standing and boom, I'm dead because of few invisible snipes casted at once, all in one second.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, no animation, no sound, no HP movement until insta-death. THEN the sound plays.
    xD
    Must be hard for ZOS to get a code right...
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    When a bowtard drools on their snipe key long enough, lag eventually eats the animation and health desync kills their target for them.

This is scientifically correct.
  • Ampnode
    Ampnode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me of the old bug(and exploit) years back where you could cancel any cast time ability and you could land the ability twice at the same time. This also caused a health desync and you'd fall over dead without a notice.

Could have something to do with stealth? Because I can't replicate that old bug with snipe.
    PC NA - CP640+

Characters:
    Amp - Magicka Nightblade
    Amp - Magicka Sorcerer
    Amp - Magicka Templar
    Amp - Stamina Dragonknight
    Amp - Stamina Templar
    Amp - Magicka Dragonknight
    Amp - Stamina Sorcerer
    Amp - Stamina Nightblade
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just curious.

I know it was bugged (and still occasionally is) with everything landing at once

However, I've noticed when being attacked with Snipe, I no longer see any animation... Ever.

Is this intended? I remember the arrows were visible as they were incoming, but now I just see health pools drop

Queued snipes don't have the full animation.

So a snipe from stealth followed by queued snipe (you will only see the queued snipe) are reasonably quick.

It's either that or if at max range you just don't see full animations at times. There has always been some buggy stuff with animations from range or from stealth/invis.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Snipe doesn't seem to have any sort of impact until few shots are already connected. I even died to something I saw coming but apparently I was already shot dead even though I did dodge roll to troll the Snipe spammer at the end of animation after standing. It's broken. Another is that no sound or impact indication while you are already fighting until suddenly my health drops to below 50% or to 25% only to have Fury procced to death by Sorc I almost killed. I guess... 'working as intended'???
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone posted a video in a thread a few weeks ago of this exact thing. A player who is a regular in Kyne had become notorious for insta-killing players with snipe where none of the hits registered until you died, so you’d just be standing there and suddenly fall over dead, and your death recap would show 4-5 snipes (might have been another skill in between them, can’t remember). No sound effect, no health drop, no indication of defile applied, nothing. I had it happen to me once from this player as well. Seems like it was happening regularly enough to indicate that the sniper was causing this intentionally, but there was just no way to prove it.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rumor has it you can reliably glitch Snipe with Cloak. Never have tried it and I don’t know if that’s actually true. Still, it’s one of the most buggy skills in the game. Needs a bug fix for years now.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Dark_Shady
    Dark_Shady
    ✭✭
    Love reading these comments. No the animation is 100% there. And no it can’t be bugged out with cloak. I have mained bow since launch. Snipe is my primary weave.

The issue is some players sit in the back and spam snipe, so if you are fighting multiple people snipe can easily be ignored and then it just rains down on you snipe after snipe. People in this game tend to just insanstly assume there is a bug/glitch or my favorite that the use of a “macro” can somehow alter the game and make all snipes land at once. Which can’t happen.

So no, out of the millions of bugged things in the game lethal arrow isn’t one of them. Or at least I haven’t experienced a bug with it and all I do is main bow PvP.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever though that the bug might only occur on the reciving end?

It has been bugged for more than a year now and will probably continue to be bugged forever, and whoever spams snipe at players should be aware, that they are taking advantage of bugs.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    here's a clip just from a few days ago:

https://youtu.be/CQVaYYdH0y8

now that's a desync @Dark_Shady no bugs huh?

If anything the animation maybe occuring after the damage registers. There maybe an issue on the Target's end, and the caster sees the animation.

But it definitely can still cause the desync, and something definitely seems different about the animation than my experiences of the past
    Edited by Waffennacht on July 17, 2018 5:28PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got hit by focused aim recently, where the debuff visual was applied to my char, and the damage and hit sound occured about half a second later. I'm sure it was just a single hit (failed horse gank).
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If anything the animation maybe occuring after the damage registers. There maybe an issue on the Target's end, and the caster sees the animation.

But it definitely can still cause the desync, and something definitely seems different about the animation than my experiences of the past

Dissecting that video:
    0:15 - combat music starts playing, meaning sniper initiated cast. Probably canceled & tried it again because...
    0:20 - 5 seconds later first snipe lands, health is desynced & you get stunned
    0:21-0:22 - snipe numero dos lands and you're dead

What we can learn from this:
    • Game is buggy af & those desyncs need to be fixed.
    • Always dodge roll immediately after CC breaking a snipe (or at the very least block/shield up), even if you don't see anything happen to your health bar. Running & casting Hurricane is a bad idea.
    Edited by DDuke on July 17, 2018 5:51PM
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark_Shady wrote: »
    Love reading these comments. No the animation is 100% there. And no it can’t be bugged out with cloak. I have mained bow since launch. Snipe is my primary weave.

The issue is some players sit in the back and spam snipe, so if you are fighting multiple people snipe can easily be ignored and then it just rains down on you snipe after snipe. People in this game tend to just insanstly assume there is a bug/glitch or my favorite that the use of a “macro” can somehow alter the game and make all snipes land at once. Which can’t happen.

So no, out of the millions of bugged things in the game lethal arrow isn’t one of them. Or at least I haven’t experienced a bug with it and all I do is main bow PvP.

Let me tell on console that's not the case

On console I can be stood full health then dead death recap all snipes ... Where was the first one let alone the last 4?

It most definitely is bugged

Oh and it's one name on the recap

Now it's not every now user but definitely some have figured out how to "cheat" the system to make it work this way
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

You rang?

Bowtard.jpg
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Disappointing that this is in a battleground. I for some reason liked to think its just Cyrodiils lag and blame it for everything.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well now I’m curious about how the desync works
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Well now I’m curious about how the desync works

So are the devs.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious.

I'm with you on that mate.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This Lethal Arrow skill should be disabled in PVP until they can figure out what is going on. I died at least 3 times tonight from server desync and 3 or 4 arrows from same guy landing all at once with no warning and no chance to heal.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lethal Arrow is buggy as cr@p from the caster's perspective too. Sometimes you just get caught in the animation, frozen. Other times nothing seems to happen while you try to animation cancel and re-cast, then suddenly it seems several of them go off at once. The cast time is supposed to be 1.05 seconds, which is a joke-- it is often 3 seconds of animation with inability to cancel. Some of these bugs could explain why several hit at once. I had to stop using it in PvP because it is so buggy.
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA