The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Overload LA max hit?

Avnr
Avnr
✭✭✭
was just wanted to Overload for the extra skills ,LA (by mistake) over 15k
Intended?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have seen quite a few of these new overload gank builds. They hide between keeps and kill unsuspecting riders with two light attacks. Was riding from Faregyl to Alessia last night and died pretty much instantly and had no idea what it was til i checked my death recap and saw i got hit by two overload light attacks for 15.5k and 11k respectively.

Now granted I was on a somewhat squishy stamblade but this seems unbalanced. Would like to see some changes to it.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Have seen quite a few of these new overload gank builds. They hide between keeps and kill unsuspecting riders with two light attacks. Was riding from Faregyl to Alessia last night and died pretty much instantly and had no idea what it was til i checked my death recap and saw i got hit by two overload light attacks for 15.5k and 11k respectively.

Now granted I was on a somewhat squishy stamblade but this seems unbalanced. Would like to see some changes to it.

I get instakilled quite often by the snipe gank builds with hits of 16-17k, stun and instant follow-up. Gank build is a gank build, no matter the class.

I just write it off as a consequence of me running a build with low health and low passive mitigation, rezz and carry on.

But nooo - if its a sorc doing it (or anything for that matter) - everyone cries nerf!
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got hit with 14K one while trying to solo a resource, and then the second one critted for 17K (I have 3100 crit resistance).
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    20k is quite possible on the right target.
  • Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭
    got hit by one for 15k and a 2.8k fire glyph for a legit one shot. but dont worry mag sorc is completly balanced. in non cp battlegrounds

if you main magsorc youre ***
    Edited by Swimguy on July 16, 2018 6:39PM
  • reprosal
    reprosal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In BG’s they are starting to become more rampant
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swimguy wrote: »
    got hit by one for 15k and a 2.8k fire glyph for a legit one shot. but dont worry mag sorc is completly balanced.

So you had 17.8k Health in Cyro ?
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    got hit by one for 15k and a 2.8k fire glyph for a legit one shot. but dont worry mag sorc is completly balanced.

in battlegrounds but still
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok then. If you have below 20K health, you have absolutely no right to cry about being one-shotted. You are basically asking for it. I would advise you to increase your effective healthpool. A good rule of thumb is actually 22-25k health.
    PC - EU
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

I get instakilled quite often by the snipe gank builds with hits of 16-17k, stun and instant follow-up. Gank build is a gank build, no matter the class.

I just write it off as a consequence of me running a build with low health and low passive mitigation, rezz and carry on.

But nooo - if its a sorc doing it (or anything for that matter) - everyone cries nerf!

Big diff between lining up a gank with skills and spamming left click, u appear to be overlooking this aspect entirely.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then you would get hit by the guy that hit me for around 25K. I've only ever taken one hit in the game over 11K, and that was a dragon leap. No hit in the game has ever come within 5K of the strongest overload hit I've ever taken.
  • Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭

Ok then. If you have below 20K health, you have absolutely no right to cry about being one-shotted. You are basically asking for it. I would advise you to increase your effective healthpool. A good rule of thumb is actually 22-25k health.

i have never been one shot before. not even snipe spam. snipers have to build there build around snipe and they cant really do anything else. overload just requires high max stats and youre good. obviously OP. if you deny you need to re think. also snipe spam with a stun requires a few seconds of set up to be stealth while magsorcs can just turn around and run cage overload.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In BGs, that isn't really that easy to do without the extra 3K resources from CP. And isn't really a necessary health requirement there.

And as far as Overloads, I remember prior to Summerset I was working on an overload build and outside of Cyrodil I was getting Overload Crits for around 50K+. With the Summerset changes, a 15K Overload seems a bit on the low end for PVP.
    Edited by jaws343 on July 16, 2018 7:09PM
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i have never been one shot before. not even snipe spam. snipers have to build there build around snipe and they cant really do anything else. overload just requires high max stats and youre good. obviously OP. if you deny you need to re think. also snipe spam with a stun requires a few seconds of set up to be stealth while magsorcs can just turn around and run cage overload.

You have never been oneshot before, except by the slowest most obvious projectile in the game? Snipe and Overload require the exact same thing to hit high damage numbers. High stats (max stat + wep dmg.). I get that you are trying to argue that Overload is OP, and sure - it might be. But not because you are getting one-shot by it. With 17.8K health you will be oneshot by anyone with a high-dmg glasscannon build, using an ultimate. You will not survive a Dizzy into Leap, a Fossilize into Meteor or any other bread and butter combo.
    jaws343 wrote: »

In BGs, that isn't really that easy to do without the extra 3K resources from CP. And isn't really a necessary health requirement there.

And as far as Overloads, I remember prior to Summerset I was working on an overload build and outside of Cyrodil I was getting Overload Crits for around 50K+. With the Summerset changes, a 15K Overload seems a bit on the low end for PVP.

It is easy, once you realize that you can't stack everything into damage. Tristat glyph is your friend. And yes, it is a health requirement, if you don't want to get oneshot.
    PC - EU
  • roflcopter
    roflcopter
    ✭✭✭

I had a few 13-15k dings in Cyro, seeing it more last few days and with higher numbers thats a nasty build for whoever is rolling it.

Xbox One | NA | AD
    GM - OK LOL
    Warden Stuff
    Ex - Trials Core 1 Runner - Left and couldn't be happier
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funnier is to watch a sorc do it to a winged opponent.

I literally sent the DK a message about how funny it was to watch the sorc blow himself the heck up.

DK knew exactly what was going on lmfao
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Then you would get hit by the guy that hit me for around 25K. I've only ever taken one hit in the game over 11K, and that was a dragon leap. No hit in the game has ever come within 5K of the strongest overload hit I've ever taken.

Can only speak from my own experiences, but never been hit by overload as hard as I have by snipe.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The damage OL has done has always been in a ball park. People just using it more cos of streamers

It still has all the same downsides it always had. It's like toe pointing a World Cup penalty into the crowd half the time
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP