The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is Sentinel of Rkugamz a good or bad set?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Been seeing this set bought up a lot. What do all you guys think of it? Also why do you say so?
Failed to load the poll.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (1 item) Adds 2% Healing Done
    (2 items) When you heal a friendly target, you have a 10% chance to summon a dwemer spider that heals for 1049 Health and restores 524 Stamina to you and your allies within 5 meters every 1 second for 8 seconds. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

1k hps isn't really that great I'd say its more about the stam return (hence I use it occasionally on my NB tank). Plus I've heard that the dwemer spider can actually die in AoE?

EDIT: Comparing to sets like Earthgore which can literally prevent a wipe & Nightflame which heals for over 3x more per second I don't see it being used much. If the spider returned the highest resource that would be a whole different story.
    Edited by Sparr0w on July 16, 2018 9:00AM
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My favourite set to use while healing. It's basically a better Orb/Shard that goes to all allies inside the AOE but every 15 seconds instead of 20. I use it literally everywhere unless the fight forces the player to not use pets such as Mage.
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spider dies too easily and doesn't move at all.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liofa wrote: »
    My favourite set to use while healing. It's basically a better Orb/Shard that goes to all allies inside the AOE but every 15 seconds instead of 20. I use it literally everywhere unless the fight forces the player to not use pets such as Mage.

Is that set affected by chain lighting?
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Every kind of pet that has health is affected. Well, not really affected since they don't get targeted by the Chain Lightning but they can be the hit by it as part of the chain and amplifying the damage teammates get.

Didn't test myself but that's what I heard, not willing to risk my team by testing as well ^^
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use it all the time on my warden healer, adds an average 300 regen to Stam to the group. Nothing else you can wear as a monster set come close to being that useful. Earthgore is so overrated, if you are relying on a proc set to prevent wipes, you are a bad healer as far as I am concerned.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So far so good .
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Every kind of pet that has health is affected. Well, not really affected since they don't get targeted by the Chain Lightning but they can be the hit by it as part of the chain and amplifying the damage teammates get.

Didn't test myself but that's what I heard, not willing to risk my team by testing as well ^^

Tell them it's for good of class reps and all tamerial to discover :p
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Give Troll King set a try.

Earthgore super overrated

Sentinel only good if playing with group that can utilize the Stam boost.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope this thread isn't too old to reply to.

I just wanted to mention that you would think it would return 4k stamina (506 x8 Ticks) but it's only giving 3k as two seconds of it's duration is wasted on it's summoning animation for it to get into position. I've had this set as an alternate to bloodspawn, and a few others for my Nightblade Tank, but that small detail bites at me.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Sentinel of Rkugamz on my healer. Since I have three ways to restore magicka -- Elemental Drain, Siphon Spirit, and Energy Orb -- but only one way to restore stamina -- Energy Orb. That's why I use Sentinel. Sets that just heal are less attractive to me, since I can just use some other way to heal allies.
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If I'm in a group where all of the dps are stam then I enjoy pairing the set with the master resto to give them plenty of stam :)
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope this thread isn't too old to reply to.

I just wanted to mention that you would think it would return 4k stamina (506 x8 Ticks) but it's only giving 3k as two seconds of it's duration is wasted on it's summoning animation for it to get into position. I've had this set as an alternate to bloodspawn, and a few others for my Nightblade Tank, but that small detail bites at me.

I welcome concerns and insights anytime.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I felt it was needed for Pet sorc healing but actually the return wasn't mega however after they gave us orbs i didn't feel the need.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP