The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So I bought an purple Exemplary ring to deconstruct...

erliesc
erliesc
✭✭✭
...for the infused trait....but it won't show up at the crafting station. Can see it in my inventory. Looks legit to me...so what's wrong???
I know nutting....
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You bought it to decon for the trait? You mean research? Does it say this item cannot be deconstructed?
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Exemplary items are flagged to be not eligible for deconstruction. They are able to be used up in research.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Exemplary jewelry pieces are intended for research and can't be deconstructed. It should say so on the tool tip.
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    Does not say it can't be deconstructed.

How can anything be researched without deconstruction???

It specifically says it is to be researched to learn the trait.... I'm at 50 on Jewelry.

If I can't deconstruct it...what do I do with it....LOOK AT IT????
    I know nutting....
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Research is done in the research section not the deconstruct section.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a tab specifically for research. It's different from deconstructing.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    erliesc wrote: »
    Does not say it can't be deconstructed.

How can anything be researched without deconstruction???

It specifically says it is to be researched to learn the trait.... I'm at 50 on Jewelry.

If I can't deconstruct it...what do I do with it....LOOK AT IT????

You... you know you don’t research traits by deconstructing items with that trait... right?
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    I must have experienced a brain meltdown...or got too exited about my 1st Master Writ. DUH?

I'll figure this game out...eventually....
    I know nutting....
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked up one of those rings in a Psiijic Rift in Craglorn yesterday...Nothing to do with your question, just a random musing.

Anyway, Exemplary items have never been deconstructable. Only researchable. It is how we first learned Nirn.

And, this is so you can do a Jewelry Master writ? Might want to instead sell the writ and the money you save not buying tempers instead spend on more jewelry to research
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"