The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Some Housing Improvement Ideas

SenorCrouch
SenorCrouch
✭✭✭
As the name suggests, down below are some random ideas I've had to make housing in ESO better. And yes, I realize some of these are a bit of a stretch, but hey one can dream and pass those dreams onto the devs.

For Guilds
- Guild Banker (Kind of silly to have a guild hall only to have guild members have to leave the guild hall just to get access to a guild bank, sillier still is that they have to leave the hall to locate a Wayshrine, instead of having a Wayshrine right inside the hall itself)
- Guild Store
- Guild Bounty Board (For Guild Leaders to post text based bounties for mats they may need for the guild hall or plans to invade Cyrodiil and increase their rep within the Guild)
- Count up Clock (To keep track of how fast guild members can complete obstacle courses)

For Services
- Bard
- Wayshrine
- Custom Text Signs

For QoL
- Priority Furniture Loading (Where crafting stations load last in the queue so that if stations are placed upon Alinor Floor, Timeworn blocks they don't load before the floor and break their functionality)
- Precise Translation and Rotation Tool Modes
- Rotation Snapping (1 degree, 5 degrees, 15 degrees, 30 degrees, 45 degrees, 90 degrees)
- Channels (Allow furniture to be attached to channels so they influence multiple interactable furniture pieces all at once. So if I had a Clockwork Control Panel, Single set to Channel A [Driver] and 6 Daedric Brazier, Standing lights set to Channel A [Driven] then by activating the Clockwork Panel all the Braziers would light up and by turning off the Clockwork Panel it would turn off all the Braziers)
- Furniture to Furniture Magnetic Snapping (Allow furniture to snap to the bounding boxes of other furniture so that build block like the Alinor Floor, Timeworn can snap perfectly flush to another Alinor Floor, Timeworn)
- Attack Collision (Ever try casting Elemental Blockade or Liquid Lightning on an Alinor Floor, Timeworn? Know what happens? Goes straight through the floor. This is because there is no collision for attacks on these pieces of furniture. With these new building blocks being released, people are going to want to begin to design arenas for their houses and guild halls. But woe to those people who use AoE attacks. I further recommend ZoS adding a bleed to each collision. Since there is no reliable way of making each piece of furniture 100% flush with one another, any attack collision would have to have bleed, aka the boundaries of the collision box extend slightly beyond that of the bounding box of the piece of furniture. This way there aren't any gaps in the collision even if there are gaps in the furniture)
Edited by SenorCrouch on July 15, 2018 3:14PM
"What's the cross roads of Alessia Castle? I am trying to get pizza delivered."
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Priority Furniture Loading (Where crafting stations load last in the queue so that if stations are placed upon Alinor Floor, Timeworn blocks they don't load before the floor and break their functionality)"

THIS would solve a lot of issues. That bug can also happen with the actual ground in some houses it seems (Linchal beside the house for instance)