The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Cross Factioning or Not?

Dyngrin
Dyngrin
✭✭✭
So EP pushes for a scroll when AD fails and AD conveniently ends up with the scroll, suspicious? I ask because the scroll will probably keep AD from coming in last this campaign where they deserve (since in recent campaigns AD doesn't play to win by mainly attacking the leading faction in the campaign). Perhaps it's time for ZOS to enforce a single faction per account as DAoC did (the gold standard for PvP MMOs).

--Dyn
Grand Overlord Dyngrin, Templar, Daggerfall Covenant (PC/NA)
  • Rozenwyn
    Rozenwyn
    ✭✭✭
    The exact same issue that is supposedly occurring would continue to occur except it would be worse due to people or guilds being unable to legitimately switch factions to help the so called last placed 'under populated' faction.

Terrible idea to lock accounts to 1 faction. What's to stop new players from doing 2 seconds of research before deciding their faction and seeing that x faction wins all the time and choosing them?
    Edited by Rozenwyn on July 15, 2018 11:25AM
    ~~Rozenwyn~~
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh, its really impossible to tell without having been there or knowing more details.

I've been there for scroll runners that looked treasonous, but were really just incompetent and scroll runners that looked great and took the scroll to the enemy.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOLIZERG strikes again!
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol it’s hard to tell the difference between DC and AD nowadays. Been ep since launch never will change.
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, there is only three EP guilds I am aware of that play only EP- the others are duo or tri faction guilds. This might be why you have some confusion with what factions guilds are actually playing for, per say.
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO! Not this again. The game was launched with the option to create chars in different factions and I doubt ZOS will allow faction changes anytime soon. We also do not have enough viable campaigns to enforce the old one faction per campaign nonsense.

I am primarily EP but I do have a DC char and an AD char and I can attest that the spying claims and faction hopping for personal benefit are few and far between.

Thanks!
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it defiantly needs sorting out but unfortunately its not our place to suggest ideas to be ignored. its just another example of how pvp has been neglected.
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Cross faction.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alliance switching and collusion is the bane of Cyrodiil.

Sadly cheaters always find a way.

But @ZOS_BrianWheeler is looking at it.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Xai_Zi
    Xai_Zi
    ✭✭✭
    Dyngrin wrote: »
    So EP pushes for a scroll when AD fails and AD conveniently ends up with the scroll, suspicious? I ask because the scroll will probably keep AD from coming in last this campaign where they deserve (since in recent campaigns AD doesn't play to win by mainly attacking the leading faction in the campaign). Perhaps it's time for ZOS to enforce a single faction per account as DAoC did (the gold standard for PvP MMOs).

--Dyn

Hypothetically if this was implemented, what would happen to AD if all the players from DomDom and DK just decided one to stop playing. What would happen to DC if all the players from Iron Legion and GoD decided to stop playing?

Most of the people that play in Cyrodiil are the same people you always see, not very many new people are coming to Cyrodiil, so locking people to one faction would mean rebalancing would become impossible if an alliance were to take a drastic hit to their population.

Your idea only works if there is a constant flow of new players to Cyrodiil.

On a side note, the number of "treasonous" players is so small. Most cross-faction players genuinely try to help the faction they are playing on, you shouldn't judge them because of a handful of troublemakers and trolls.

Can we go back to the days where everyone on the forums just complained about Streak, lol.
    Edited by Xai_Zi on July 17, 2018 9:45PM
    Frequent target of racially motivated censoring by mods.
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dyngrin wrote: »
    Perhaps it's time for ZOS to enforce a single faction per account as DAoC did (the gold standard for PvP MMOs).

I think that would only hinder honest player, while freeloaders, cheaters and the kind would find other ways of profiting or having fun at the expense of the others.
    Besides, I think that Cyrodiil needs more people and less limitations (I would allow switching alliance for characters, for example, if only for role playing reasons), as a higher population would lessen the effects of bad behaviours.
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xai_Zi wrote: »
    Can we go back to the days where everyone on the forums just complained about Streak, lol.

Lets not necro misinformed opinions, eh?
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Xai_Zi
    Xai_Zi
    ✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    Xai_Zi wrote: »

Lets not necro misinformed opinions, eh?

But those are the most delicious!
    Frequent target of racially motivated censoring by mods.