The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What color gold is this and is it available in game?

BuyMe500Pugs_Please
First i apologise for no image as i don't know how to upload them here, but there is a Dominion guard in heavy armor with a beautiful gold color on it near Shimmerene dockworks. If anyone knows this please can you tell me?

Best Answer

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your mystery has intrigued the Khajiit agents of Merida and we have decided to investigate.

I checked out the guard (armor, nice...butt, much to be desired) He’s wearing Aldmeri style heavy. The areas that are gold are metallic...that’s important. A medium or light Aldmeri piece might dye slightly different. There are several gold dyes that will get you quite close:

Dominion yellow - slightly more orange, like gold as it ages

Hundings gold - not quite as lusteous, but close.

Dominion conquer yellow - a little greener and not as “fiancé ring gold’

Ayleid gold - think this is the actual dye used. It’s a deep, rich gold with a good balance of yellow and orange.

To get the ayleid gold you have to earn Aldmeri master explorer, which means clearing every delve and discovering every eyeball icon location in all five Aldmeri zone and khenarthis. Not the worst grind for a decent color. If you want a quicker gold, hundings is an easy achievement earned in stros mkai.
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Dyes being more a suggestion of a color that you will get it is hard to say if a specific hue is in the game. Reason I have applied the Bile Green dye you get from the alchemy achievment and it is gold on some things. I have applied bronzes that come out golf on some things.

So it might exist, it just might not be labeled "gold" I have seen some brilliant gold dyes at the station, so you have a good shot.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without actually purchasing costume changes, I think the grey is Cyrodiilic Steel, and the gold is Aylied Gold. The motif is Dominion. I'm not sure what color the leather is off hand. Maybe Jode Red.