The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which siege is best against players?

Guppet
Guppet
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi I’m really getting into Cyrodill, but I can’t seem to find much info on how siege weapons work against players.

I believe that vicious death can proc from siege weapons, is this true?

Also the main question is do we have and damage values for siege weapons against players? Does anything impact it?

I’m currently thinking that fire trebuchets hit hardest, but want to know for sure.

Do siege engines trigger proc sets?
Edited by Guppet on July 14, 2018 10:20AM
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cold Fire ballistas and trebuchets do a good amount of damage to just about anything, including players, but are only available by doing Cyrodiil dolmens or buying in guild traders.

Scattershot and meat bag catapults are deadly since Summerset because because aoe effects remain after impact. This is great for forcing players off of siege or a breech.

Normal ballistas and trebuchets are still the best for bringing down walls and doors, but not so much players.

Ohhhh and then the oil. Nasty for defending a doorway or breech.

Yes some proc sets will trigger from siege. I know for sure Llambris does.

Hope this helps!! Have fun!!!
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Against players you want a siege weapon that can fire quickly.

I like the combo of scattershot (20% more dmg taken) and meatbag (30% less healing taken) catapults. The cold fire ballista is really nice as well but more expensive.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Jadokis
    Jadokis
    ✭✭✭
    if you're using it on players only use scattershot or meatbags, or an oil pot if you're in a position to use it.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iceball trebs, obviously.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip] & Coldfire ballistae

[Edit for censor bypass.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on July 14, 2018 7:13PM
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Against players you want a siege weapon that can fire quickly.

I like the combo of scattershot (20% more dmg taken) and meatbag (30% less healing taken) catapults. The cold fire ballista is really nice as well but more expensive.

Agree. Scatters are essential now. Place catapult first then your ballistae can be placed nearby (but not vice versa). Turn on your damage numbers in settings and try the various siege engines out. Each one has a situational advantage.
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely Lightning Ballistae, don't pay attention to those catapults they're no good. Also trebs are awesome against players, and always use Fire Ballistae against Keep walls and doors, although Rams are great against walls too. Just don't waste your AP buying those terribad catapults.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delsskia wrote: »
    Definitely Lightning Ballistae, don't pay attention to those catapults they're no good. Also trebs are awesome against players, and always use Fire Ballistae against Keep walls and doors, although Rams are great against walls too. Just don't waste your AP buying those terribad catapults.

thanks, I've been trying to tell people this same thing for years...

finally, someone else who understands how siege really works...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You sneaky little troll you...lmao!!
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fire ballista actually are pretty good against doors I thought..

I need to PvDoor more
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the oil catapult now..

Think about it.. Enemy trying to storm a breach, it spammed with AOE from cats and spells.. timestop spam, caltrops, roots....
    Takes quite a bit of stam to get through that - sprinting/rolling through aoe snares, break-free, rolling to break roots etc..

Can be pretty close to the bone for mag classes..

Then some git starts spamming oil cats which strip 6k stam per hit as you're on your way in and you suddenly find you're in the middle of all that crap unable to break-free :-)
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL ZOS should hire you as their ambassador :D
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just here to help... I do what I can ;)
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    BTW oils, aka Welcome Juice, are for purely cosmetic purposes. All they do is make beards supple and shiny.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I get sarcasm I really do, but in 6 months time when someone else Google’s this topic, let’s hope they do to, or you just screwed them over.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe in 6 months lightning ballistas are amazing though :)
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screw players just make sure to fire at the doors.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah I use rams for that. Not sure if enough people know it but with decent health Regen and using meditate while in a ram, means your pretty much immune to firepots. Shhhhh I told you nothing.
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guppet wrote: »

Nah I use rams for that. Not sure if enough people know it but with decent health Regen and using meditate while in a ram, means your pretty much immune to firepots. Shhhhh I told you nothing.

I’m immune to all dmg if I stand at the gate.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a fabled rumor that if you can drag a ram all the way around a keep fast enough all of the walls will fall down. (4 times around an outpost) This is the cause of the postern wall glitch.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lightning Ballista if your opponents are not stupid and have good healers. If you don't use that and leave them to spam siege shield + purify + heals, you really are only buying time. IF someone has enough mag regen to withstand constantly being hit with lightning ballista, then their heals/damage/hp/etc. must be nothing.