The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Wanted: Guild Traders at Alliance Gates

NBrookus
NBrookus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
It is rare for a major trade guild to have claim to a keep in the alliance war, and PVP'ers often want to resupply food and potions. Opening Guild Trader locations at the 3 Alliance Gates would benefit both trading guilds and players.
Edited by NBrookus on July 13, 2018 9:15PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, by decree of ZOS the Alliance Siege Merchant have a monopoly on all wartime supplies unless a guild can claim an objective for their trader.

Gotta sell those Alliance War potions and foods before they rot!

(More seriously, it would be a cool idea, but I suspect its incentive for players to claim keeps for trading guilds and for players to buy the alliance war food and potions from the vendor.)
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    It is rare for a major trade guild to have claim to a keep in the alliance war, and PVP'ers often want to resupply food and potions. Opening Guild Trader locations at the 3 Alliance Gates would benefit both trading guilds and players.
    I agree 100%. I think there should be a minimum of 3 traders per gate to ensure there's always at least one good guild with decent prices.

I think the traders should be the same in each gate as well. So each alliance has access to the same traders.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    I agree 100%. I think there should be a minimum of 3 traders per gate to ensure there's always at least one good guild with decent prices.

I think the traders should be the same in each gate as well. So each alliance has access to the same traders.

I'm okay with alliance-locked traders, like we have now. If a trade/RP guild wants to support their faction's war efforts with cheap potions, more power to them.

But either way, access to the player economy while in Cyro would be a QoL improvement.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey I have an novel ideal. Why dont you get those trade guilds out here in cyrodiil. (especially the AD ones) and take and hold a keep so you can have those traders. FYI you can also claim resources..... But it would be nice to see more players actually claiming and defending stuff.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

I'm okay with alliance-locked traders, like we have now. If a trade/RP guild wants to support their faction's war efforts with cheap potions, more power to them.

But either way, access to the player economy while in Cyro would be a QoL improvement.

I don't see any benefit to alliance locking the traders though. Also, in theory, there would be those who might bid on all of the traders for one alliance with troll guilds for the lulz or to grief -- this does happen in the trading guild community.

If all the Traders were shared by all 3 alliances, they'd be more valuable locations and we'd draw better trade guilds to Cyrodiil.

It would also be nice if a guild could have a Cyrodiil gate location and a PVE trader at the same time to avoid shoppers entering Cyrodiil just to look for Trader deals.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just give our alliance war banker at the starter gate the same specs as the IC banker...

would be nice to be able to take care of guild business or go guild store shopping (using our 5 selected guilds) in cyrodiil...

would also be nice if the starter area had writ boards too....
    Edited by geonsocal on July 14, 2018 3:09AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place