The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting recipes and sealed writs

MachineKludge
Does knowing a lot of the various furnishing/crafting recipes (i.e. diagrams, schematics, praxis, etc...) increase the chance of getting a sealed writ? Does it make more sense to learn as many as possible on every toon, or to just learn them on my main crafter and sell the surplus?
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on the last official statements by ZOS, knowledge of the various furnishing plans (blueprints, designs, diagrams, etc) has zero influence on your chances to get master writs in any profession.

I have my focused, main crafter learn any new ones, and I generally learn any white (basic) ones on my alts because it takes less button pushes to read them rather than destroy them. The basic green ones I have been giving away to new players/guildmates because they're not worth my time to try and sell. Once I run out of people to mail them to I will probably start learning all of those on my alts as well.

Blue and purple plans still sell for a worthwhile amount in guild traders, so if I already know it on my main I will sell it.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)