The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

build when lone tank want PvE

melkor97
melkor97
Soul Shriven
im newbie in the game (lev43) and i start with a dk tank (2 magicka 4 stamina, x healt).
i haven't a proper gear cause i wait lev 50 or 160 cp (when is it better?) and i don't have craft skill; i know that this undermine my stat but how can i solo public dungeon or explore Tamriel if take down a spider it's a 10 minuts matters?
i dont want a build for huge dps, but at least kill faster some mobs while looking for skyshard or quest.

BAR 1 sword and shield, puncture, low lash, hard armor, igneous shield. ULTIMATE magma
BAR 2 ice staff (for taunt and tri focus) inner rage, unrelenting grip, choking talons, green dragon, rapid manouver (for run fast) ULTIMATE stendard of might

PASSIVE: Warmth,Iron Skin, Burning Heart, Elder Dragon,Scaled Armor, Eternal Mountain,Battle Roar,Mountain’s Blessing,Helping Hands, Deflect Bolts,Fortress, Deadly Bash,Deflect Bolts, Battle Mobility,Evocation,Recovery,Spell Warding,Wind Walker, Resolve,Constitution,Juggernaut,Revitalize,Rapid Mending, Banish the Wicked, all the racial

wich skill i have to unlock for deal some AOE? and instead ice staff, wich weapon i have to use for some dps?
how many dps can i do without lost my tankish attitude? with champions point the dps will raise?

last but non least, making more dps can affect my end game pvp and pve like tank? being a damage dealer forces me to give up too much resistance and life?
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leveling a tank can be such a pain.
    The best way to level them is, in my opinion, by doing dungeons.
    Random dailies give nice XP, as a tank you don't have to wait long and you get a juicy skill point by completing the dungeon quest the first time.

On top of that you will be leveling your undaunted skill line, which is absolutely a must have because of the 2 passives.
    Get all the gear that drops there (heavy armor), as long as it is your level, you will be good enough (even better if you can acquire at least one 5 pieces sets). You can even ask to whomever you're grouped with to trade their heavy armor pieces for your lights and mediums (so no one looses money)

Otherwise, DK with S&B is really terrible to level.
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you don't need inner rage if you're soloing stuff, replace that skill with elemental blockade from the ice/or lightening staff
  • melkor97
    melkor97
    Soul Shriven
    Arciris wrote: »
    Leveling a tank can be such a pain.
    The best way to level them is, in my opinion, by doing dungeons.
    Random dailies give nice XP, as a tank you don't have to wait long and you get a juicy skill point by completing the dungeon quest the first time.

On top of that you will be leveling your undaunted skill line, which is absolutely a must have because of the 2 passives.
    Get all the gear that drops there (heavy armor), as long as it is your level, you will be good enough (even better if you can acquire at least one 5 pieces sets). You can even ask to whomever you're grouped with to trade their heavy armor pieces for your lights and mediums (so no one looses money)

Otherwise, DK with S&B is really terrible to level.

ok, il'try with dungeon daily and go for the undaunted passive.
    another question: it's better the ice staff or another weapon for the second bar?