Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What is the best way or place to FARM GOLD?

rexagamemnon
rexagamemnon
✭✭✭✭✭
So i read on a discussion board post, there was an individual claiming to farm 480k gold every 4-5 hours, my question is how or where do i get 480k goldbin a few hours. The only way i can imagine is having a lot of really good gear or items to sell in the guild store. Please help.

Best Answer

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    MASTER WRITS: IMO, there is no better steady source of gold and materials in this game. They do take some leg work to get several characters ready to do them, but once you do, they give you everything you need to play the game. I make 40-50k gold in about 30 minutes just from turning in the quests on 8-10 toons a day. That doesnt even scratch the surface, as its a great source of gold mats, master writs, surverys, repair kits, soul gems, alchemy mats, etc.

how do you make gold from master writs? most of the writs i get need expensive motifs, or expensive materilas (craft a nirn legenday 2h sword lol), or they don't sell very well on the traders. I mostly stock pile the writs in my bank lol

@ManDraKE
    Actually, I guess I kinda used the wrong term, will edit that. I mean simply doing daily crafting writs at max level. Master writs (which drop from crafting writs at max level) can in it of themselves be profitable. First you can simply sell them. Or you actually craft them, buy something with writ vouchers and sell. Items from the writ vendor will typically fetch a little less than 1k per voucher. So a crafting stating that costs 35 vouchers, will sell for 33-35k. There are addons that tell you the input costs. So you have master writs that cost 300 gold per voucher per input material, and you can sell at 1000, you are making 700 gold per voucher if you put in the leg work. Yes you need the trait research and the motif research for some things, so if you cant make it, just sell it. About a week ago, i did about 3500 worth of writ vouchers. It costs me about a million worth of mats, but I will come close to tripling my investment. My trade guild requires 500K in sales a week, so I simply buy an outfit station once a week and list it.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on July 12, 2018 7:29PM
    Answer ✓
  • frozenbbq
    frozenbbq
    Soul Shriven
    Motif farming in vet hardmode dlc dungeons for motif's that drop there provide quite decent gold if you can get a group to finish them fast
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Easy thing anybody can do (even brand new level 3 player) is farm mats.

You can pick 100-200k worth of alchemy flowers in few hours in Coldharbour. It helps if you have rapid maneuver and passives unlocked.
  • BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Easy thing anybody can do (even brand new level 3 player) is farm mats.

You can pick 100-200k worth of alchemy flowers in few hours in Coldharbour. It helps if you have rapid maneuver and passives unlocked.

@IcyDeadPeople Can I ask which flowers are worth that much, and are they for complete stacks? I farm mats in couldharbour all the time, but I don't know which ones are worth a lot nor how to sell them effectively other than a guild trader.
    Xbox NA
    CP810+

Valthyr Alynwen High Elf MagSorc EP
    Valeon Indoril Dark Elf MagDK EP
    Willard Lorrthane Breton MagDen EP
    Faelian Elilanar High Elf MagPlar EP
    Dro'Kassa Khajiit MagCro EP
    Im-Tanky-Enough Argonian Tank EP
    Lorgdan Bladesmith Orc StamBlade DC
    Cyrus Hayle Redguard StamSorc EP
    Xuxtheem-Light-Bearer Argonian Healer AD
    Galen Morthain Dark Elf MagBlade EP
    Burgesh the Mighty Orc StamDen DC
    Mekar the Vile Orc StamCro DC

"Fimmion hungry. Want sweetroll. Fimmion like pants. Love sweetroll."
  • Gallagher563
    Gallagher563
    ✭✭✭
    Columbine is the most expensive flower I can think of. Crafting something like tri stat pots will also add some value as well. Right now raw jewelry mats are going for a lot so that might also be an easy way to make money.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cornflower is the most expensive flower on PC-EU currently but any that are in commonly used potions have some value.

The two that come most readily to mind are Tri stat pots as mentioned above and Essence of Spellpower.

So Columbine, Bugloss, Mountain Flower(Tri stat) and

Cornflower, Lady's Smock and Water Hyacinth(Spellpower)

Although it has to be said the third flower in each of those pots sells for way less for some quirky reason. :o
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without other human interaction

6 min Auridon Bank thief circuit 1.2k-2k = 12-20k per hour
    Daily Writ Board quests 600 gold per, 6/7, for 15 min 14.5k gold per hour
    Cyrodiil Bruma/Cropsford Quests 8, approximately 20 min 10k in 40 min

All approximate estimations based on my experience. Listing the longer times (dailies can be less than 5 min with preparation)

So just in game non-selling items I can make 100k in a few hours.

I've assumed higher amounts are farming something then selling to other players
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My personal favorite easy way is pickpocketing in Vvardenfell. Sell the goodies from the pickpocketing, and the motifs themselves go for a few bucks. Also a good way to level legerdemain
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The baseline for gold farming in this game is farming raw mats. This is better done on a level 50 character with maxed crafting for Blacksmith, Woodworking, Clothing, and jewelry crafting, but it can really be done at any level. For those four mat types, half of your mats will be at your character level, and half will be at your crafting level. High level mats are worth more, but both can be refined to produce tempers such as Alloy or Dreugh Wax. Alchemy doesnt distinguish, so it can be done at any level. If you are gonna farm, farm everything IMO. Basically, pick a zone, pick a direction, and pick up everything you see. Refine, sell, and repeat. This can certainly produce 50-60k an hour, if not more. Make sure you have a source of major expedition, and if possible, enough CP to unlock the gatherer passive (or whatever its called).

The reason I call this the baseline is that prices in this game tend to reflect this. What I mean is if it takes you on average 1 hour to farm a specific item, the price will generally be at least in the ballpark of what you can make simply mat farming for that specific amount of time. If there is skill involved (motif farming in vet dungeons for example) you will usually get a bit better bang for your buck in terms of efficiency.

The are a few other things that are worth farming, and everyone has their preference.

-Stealing/pickpocketing can also be a pretty steady source of gold, as NPCs can drop a wide range of items. Not my personal favorite, but it is steady gold.

-Item farming, should be at CP 160 to do this, otherwise you are wasting your time. For example, Mother's Sorrow (drops in deshaan) is the FOTM for magic DPS in PVE. Farming treasure chests or dolmens can drop items that you can turn around and sell. If you get an inferno staff in the right trait, you can sell for 300-400k. Good trait armor is fetching in the 20-30s, and jewelry is around 15k. There are certainly other examples, but it takes a bit of market knowledge and knowing what is currently the FOTM.

-Motif Farming, either from certain vet dungeons or the latest DLC, can also be quite profitable. I would advise against farming motifs that have been in the game a long while

-Plunder farming. Get a trial group, and try to speed run trials. You get plunder that sells to a vendor. Takes a group, but you often see "plunder runs" in zone.

-Furnishing plan/recipe farming. Find a place with a lot of cabinets, dressers, etc, and loot away. Traitors Vault in Summerset is the go to place this patch.

2 Other very good things to mention.

CRAFTING WRITS: IMO, there is no better steady source of gold and materials in this game. They do take some leg work to get several characters ready to do them, but once you do, they give you everything you need to play the game. I make 40-50k gold in about 30 minutes just from turning in the quests on 8-10 toons a day. That doesnt even scratch the surface, as its a great source of gold mats, master writs, surverys, repair kits, soul gems, alchemy mats, etc.

Writs are how I make my money in this game. I have stacks of every gold mat, and have well into 8 figures of gold. I do nothing else to make money. It is not a get rich quick scheme, but it is one of the most efficient things you can do for 30 minutes a day if you are in it for the long haul.

Flipping Items: If you want to get stupid rich, you flip items. Go from trader to trader, buy low, sell high. It takes capital and market knowledge, but it is probably the fastest way to simply acquire gold.

Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on July 12, 2018 7:25PM
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MASTER WRITS: IMO, there is no better steady source of gold and materials in this game. They do take some leg work to get several characters ready to do them, but once you do, they give you everything you need to play the game. I make 40-50k gold in about 30 minutes just from turning in the quests on 8-10 toons a day. That doesnt even scratch the surface, as its a great source of gold mats, master writs, surverys, repair kits, soul gems, alchemy mats, etc.

how do you make gold from master writs? most of the writs i get need expensive motifs, or expensive materilas (craft a nirn legenday 2h sword lol), or they don't sell very well on the traders. I mostly stock pile the writs in my bank lol
  • Mariusnpr
    Mariusnpr
    Soul Shriven
    And selling stuff in guild traders is also BS from 2 reasons:
    1. You have a limit of 30 items / trader = 150 items in total / 5 guilds. You have to be picky and choose what sells best, otherwise you'll fill pretty fast those empty slots...
    2. You can sell mostly junk in traders... what drops from overland and delves. Why we can't sell items that drop in dungeons or trials? There are the good stuff.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »

Not the master writs them self who can be sold for more gold just the daily crafting writs on max level characters.

Best of all is the upcoming anniversary event. it will drop lots of expensive stuff, motifs, blueprint and all sort of nice stuff.
    Easy to make many millions during this events and this year it will be 5 weeks.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.