The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is the Psyjic grind worth doing?

• srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    It’s worth it if:

1: you’re out exploring and collecting skyshards/lorebooks already.
    2: you just want more skills in your toolbox to tinker with.
    3: you just want to experience the storyline attached to it.

It’s not worth it if:

1: you already have your favorite build and have zero interest in changing that.
    2: you have no desire to revisit old zones.
    3: don’t care about the storyline.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, the skills are worth it and/or the grind isn't that bad
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    I think they go well with a healer.

I'm sorry to say, but no decent groups have their healers running psijic healing skills. They're just not that good.

Well thanks for letting me know, I was under the impression that there was more than one way to play this game, mah bad.

OP specifically asked if the psijic order skills are worth the grind. In the case of the psijic healing skill, the general consensus is that it's not good. OP did not ask "does a healing skill exist in the psijic order skill line".

Op asked for opinions, I gave mine. I did not ask for yours.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they go well with a healer.

I'm sorry to say, but no decent groups have their healers running psijic healing skills. They're just not that good.

Well thanks for letting me know, I was under the impression that there was more than one way to play this game, mah bad.

OP specifically asked if the psijic order skills are worth the grind. In the case of the psijic healing skill, the general consensus is that it's not good. OP did not ask "does a healing skill exist in the psijic order skill line".

Op asked for opinions, I gave mine. I did not ask for yours.

Welcome to the Internet.
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I have gotten the skill line to level 10 to experience it and try out the skills, and unlocked the skill line on 4 others. I've been pulling out alts and questing with them a lot lately, and I think it's good to be able to spot any rifts along the way. As to the utility of the skills, some are quite nice, situationally.

A guild mate told me he put on Night Terror, aggro'd the room with a bunch of poison injections, and then meditated. Said he was just laughing the whole time.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • ResTandRespeC
    ResTandRespeC
    ✭✭✭✭
    It depends on the character and the content you like doing. If you do vet trials, pvp, or maybe the harder dungeons, a lot of the skills are put to very good use.
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's worth it because some of the skills and passives are cool, but it sure does suck.

You should only have to do it once per account. I've done it twice. The first time it was fine, i understand they need to make it take some time and effort but they can't make a full-on quest line . .this game has a ton of content, so I get that some things need to be simplistic and grindy. I'm not complaining about the simplicity and repurposing of old zones one bit. But grinding mage's guild sucks hard enough, and undaunted kinda blows also for anyone who plays a lot of chars.

IMHO maybe if you're a ESO+ member there should be some way to fast track this stuff once you've done it all the way through on one character. We are obviously dedicated enough to the game to fully support it, we don't need busy-work.

I don't mind putting in the time and work to level up a new char and get them set up. I woudln't care if it took twice as long if it were even half as frustratingly boring to do. I can only imagine the third for fourth time through you probably have to turn your sound off because the amusing augur "jokes" are gonna go from mildly amusing to annoying.

Anyways, just my humble opinion from someone who normally doesn't criticize dev choices and usually just accepts things for what they are and plays and has fun - this quest line is painful to do more than once.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I'm doing it on a couple of magely types. I won't do it on everyone. The portals are what's really worth it for me.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The grind isn't the worst, but the skills aren't the best. Its worth doing at least once for the storyline and the Auger though.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elemental Weapon is the current BiS magicka spammable for almost every build.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 12, 2018 11:00PM