The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Remove Daily XP from BG

LeconDC
LeconDC
✭✭
I end up with random teammates who have never pvpd before. They just want the daily xp.
This ends up in inexperienced players joining our team when we have to fight veteran pvpers, putting our team at a disadvantage.

Please remove the daily XP.
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh, glad you get to experience the same as daily random dungeon now ;)
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And when they end up on the other pug team it helps you win.

Statistically, you have 100% better chance of winning, as there's a 66% chance they'll end up on either of the other two teams, and 33% chance they'll end up on yours.

If you're planning on legit engaging in BG, go in with a premade, problem solved, and lots of easy AP from the pugs that have every right to be in BG's as you do.

*You're welcome*

EDIT: XP isn't the problem, lack of experience tiers is. Like ranked characters should be paired against each other, and you'd never have an issue with inexperience or challenge, either one.

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on July 11, 2018 3:43PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • LeconDC
    LeconDC
    ✭✭

Statistically, you have 100% better chance of winning, as there's a 66% chance they'll end up on either of the other two teams, and 33% chance they'll end up on yours.

If you're planning on legit engaging in BG, go in with a premade, problem solved, and lots of easy AP from the pugs that have every right to be in BG's as you do.

*You're welcome*

EDIT: XP isn't the problem, lack of experience tiers is. Like ranked characters should be paired against each other, and you'd never have an issue with inexperience or challenge, either one.

Or a ranking system indeed. That would be perfect for BG.
    Well I'd love a premade group but I can't find any dedicated BG players anywhere.

I've asked everywhere lol
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question, just how are they supposed to get better at Battlegrounds if they don't jump in there?

I'll be honest, I've PVPed in Cyrodiil exclusively. Ive started doing Battlegrounds largely because of the costumes/outfit styles. Its a learning curve and I'm not that good at it yet.

Its discouraging to hear that your opinion is that I (and other new players) shouldn't bother trying because we're a drag on your team when trying, failing, practicing, and gaining experience through playing Battlegrounds is the only way we are going to get better.

But not so discouraging that I wont keep queuing for Battlegrounds, practicing and trying to improve. Because I remember that PVP has a steep learning curve and the only way to get better is to keep trying.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What activity in game does not include XP? Without a comparable comparison I think more is needed to make this into something to consider.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree with @VaranisArano here. It's the only way to learn.

Heck I didn't even know what the various modes were the first few times, but you pick it up quickly.

Also, I don't care how new you are, you can always contribute to your team's success. You might not be rocking 50 kills in Deathmatch, but you can do other things to support, even if it ends up being little more than a target for the other guys.

If the other team is focused on your teammate, they're not focused on you (at which point I wonder why you're not focused on them?)

I've gone in with tanks that have little chance to kill much of anything, and whose sole purpose ends up being do defend, disrupt, and be a general pain in the ass to the other teams. That indirectly helps my own.

BG's recently opened up for all, expect some learning curves and the occasional non-leaderboard-worthy performances.

OP, if you're really that good, it will average out anyway. But if you take most of the incentives for them going in there (No XP, little AP, little sense of contribution), expect to quickly find yourself in the same circumstance as before, wondering why the queue never pops, or you keep fighting the same people over and over again.

TL;DR; It's not all just about you - maybe talk with and help your teammates get better in that countdown before the match starts?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The XP is a good thing and helps population. Which helps people grow. If you dont intice you won't have people to retain.

Sorry, having played BG from launch I think ita foolish to ask for changes you dont understand the implications of. Find a default group to run with. Message other top players you group with or in enemy teams.

If people dont wanna play with you, perhaps they think you are not good enough, that would be the irony!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the MMR system slotting you with pvers. Or it is in my case. My main toon very often gets put into teams of 3 with 2 sub-CP100 players, pitted against premades of 2-4, and other teams being full. Pretty frustrating experience.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • PouletRico
    PouletRico
    ✭✭✭
    Question, just how are they supposed to get better at Battlegrounds if they don't jump in there?

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm pretty new to the game and haven't focused on PvP yet, but how am I supposed to learn if I don't play in BG... ?
    @PouletRico - EU PC Megaserver
    PouletRico - TankDK - EP
    Experimental Kamikaze - StamDK - AD

I'm doing my best, but I'm not a native speaker
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even at the highest lvl's this is a casual game. Just play, have fun, dont take it so serious.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should expect to get inexperienced players if you decide to pug, the extra xp probably is a small contributor to that. I’d take an inexperienced player any day, the real problem are the people that act like they have no common sense, teammates that abandon you when they shouldn’t and players that don’t know how properly off heal. The biggest offenders of those happen to be veteran players.

Regardless this is not too different than random group dungeons, you get what the game gives you.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should expect to get inexperienced players if you decide to pug, the extra xp probably is a small contributor to that. I’d take an inexperienced player any day, the real problem are the people that act like they have no common sense, teammates that abandon you when they shouldn’t and players that don’t know how properly off heal. The biggest offenders of those happen to be veteran players.

Regardless this is not too different than random group dungeons, you get what the game gives you.
    There is no cap on idiocy. ;)

At least the new ones are usually willing to learn, try to stay close, and try to help.

Earn it.

• Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    I would have never started playing BGs without the XP daily reward. Now it's all I do in ESO.
  • ReName
    ReName
    getting xp is just a nice bonus and fun looking forward to if you do BELOW 50 BG you learn how to play and lvl your self up

on the other hand for above lvl 50 it would be nice if they set minimal limited that need to wear 160cp gear to join because
    if your under that your not gonna have fun just because the other players are much stronger and you will just be killed without to be able to fight back because your much weaker

160 cp gear set minimal limited could help witch this make it more fun for new player because he can fight back .
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeconDC wrote: »

*You're welcome*

Or a ranking system indeed. That would be perfect for BG.
    Well I'd love a premade group but I can't find any dedicated BG players anywhere.

I've asked everywhere lol

What server/platform are you on? There are a ton of dedicated BG players. Most of us have been in cyro lately because the match making system has ranked us too highly and it takes us 30 min + to get put into a match.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp