Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Why are Morrowind's "exclusive" pre-order rewards on sale in the crown store for 2100 crowns?

Partomax
Partomax
✭✭✭
Considering that the definition of exclusive is "restricted to the person, group, or area concerned." wouldn't the exclusive pre-order rewards be exclusive to the people who pre-ordered?
Or does that not matter anymore because it's been over a year?
PC/EU - This is a signature
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I remember they were never advertised as exclusive for ever, just advertised as pre-order bonus items.

If you pre-ordered you got them free, everyone else had to wait a year and pay for them.

Exclusive items are terrible and should die out, give everyone the opportunity to get everything in some way.

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    They did advertise it as exclusive.

I'm having trouble posting the picture because I'm a noob but if you search "eso morrowind pre order bonus" in google you will see that they said "Exclusive warden costume".

But maybe I am mistaken about what they meant by that, which is why I made this thread.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Partomax wrote: »
    They did advertise it as exclusive.

I'm having trouble posting the picture because I'm a noob but if you search "eso morrowind pre order bonus" in google you will see that they said "Exclusive warden costume".

But maybe I am mistaken about what they meant by that, which is why I made this thread.
    Exclusive warden costume in that there was zero way to obtain it if you didn't have access to the Warden class (which meant access to Morrowind)

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it was exclusive to the Discovery Pack, which it still is exclusive to the discovery pack. Just that pack is now on sale.

I don't understand why it matters though, if you pre-ordered Morrowind you got it free, you paid the same price as if you didn't pre-order and purchased at release. If you didn't pre-order you get the game cheaper but have to buy the Discovery Pack.

The only time this would upset someone is if they wanted something and didn't want anyone else to have it for some reason.

Those who have been here since launch would have also expected this (and most of us did) because the pre-order release pack had already been put on sale on the Crown Store.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    I do not have the pre-order bonus and I still find it weird that they are selling it as being exclusive, they could just take the exclusive from it and it would be accurate.