The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Magdk VMA Stage 9

scionix90
scionix90
✭✭✭
So as I said I’m a dark elf magdk wearing Julianos / BSW and Valkyns. I’ve been testing out some skills And on FB I HAVE C. Shock, c. Blood, h. Magicka, b. Embers and on BACKBAR I have eruption, element wall, m. Armaments, eel drain, and fire breath and Destro ultimate. So I’m using Destro staff on both bars. So what do you other magdks use? 1 Destro and 1 Resto? 2 destros? Certain skills? Really any advice would be great. The build I’m using is mainly the alcast one with just some small changes.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    for vMA destro resto cobination, with inner light on one bar and flames of oblivion on other. Some like to use chains to pull mobs into kill zone, maybe it might help you. Also, against archers wings help a bunch.
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm far from pro at vMA but I've run it quite a bit on my mDK so I'll offer some thoughts.

- I run it as a stage 2 vampire for the increased regen but reduced flame damage versus the higher stages

- I use destro/resto in vMA - healing ward is a great heal and stacked with harness, you are good in a lot of situations - ie taking down crem guards. Healing ward will also take care of soul churn when you are upstairs on the last boss - this lets you get the crystals down in one go - very helpful to have all four sigils for phase three is you need them. Resto heavy attacks also return decent magicka if you use an absorb magic enchant. Helps with the mDK's terrible sustain.

- Flames of oblivion is definitely a good idea - I run this on the healing bar - nice buff and the ticks help proc Groth - for the final boss, I start this and wings before the spawn. I also start it just before going upstairs - it helps with the crystals along with casting eruption under them (and any other dots you have lol)

- I use shooting star ulti on my healing bar for extra mag and regen - I rarely use the ult tho - I use ele rage - this ult, plus harness and wings can really help you deal with a lot of problems :) I ulti bomb the boss, crem guard and healer (if possible) during the first phase - stuff pretty much just melts - makes it very, very easy to get the boss upstairs.

- I've tried skoria in vMA, but I prefer Groth as it procs more often - this is helpful for the boss, the crem guard, crystals - just very helpful.

- Reflective scale morph of wings is very, very useful - it stays on my front bar - there's quite a lot of casters in vMA and this skill really helps. For the final boss, there are two mechanics which can be reflected - so reflective definitely helps. I would always recommend that skill on a mDK front bar in vMA.

- I use spell pots throughout - I find with the vamp regen, I don't need tri pots for dodging or blocking the final boss skull heavy attacks.

- mDK's have terrible mobility and its key to get the gold ghosts during the third phase of the final boss - so stay near the boss, cast eruption and some heavies to kill the summoner or use the speed sigil.

- make sure any healers are dead before going upstairs - watch for any spawns too - they are a real pain during the third phase.

GL with it. Hope some of the above helps
    Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my Dunmer magDK I just lightning staff heavy attack everything with Aether, Ilambris, Julianos. Easiest vMA run for me...

For first clear it is better to use destro/resto with healing ward, but in you can easily sustain health with embers and leash every now and then.
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Gladium
    Gladium
    ✭✭✭
    I run magDK as a glass cannon in Inferno/Inferno BSW/Elf Bane/Zaan (got no deaths recently with this setup). I have Force Pulse and not Crushing. Are you struggling to clear stage 9, or are you just looking around for ideas?
    AndyMac wrote: »
    - mDK's have terrible mobility and its key to get the gold ghosts during the third phase of the final boss - so stay near the boss, cast eruption and some heavies to kill the summoner or use the speed sigil.

Gold ghosts do not randomly spawn. Pick the first ghost, then go ahead and melee the summoner until it dies if that is your style, then return to boss.
    Edited by Gladium on July 10, 2018 1:00PM
  • scionix90
    scionix90
    ✭✭✭
    Gladium wrote: »
    I run magDK as a glass cannon in Inferno/Inferno BSW/Elf Bane/Zaan (got no deaths recently with this setup). I have Force Pulse and not Crushing. Are you struggling to clear stage 9, or are you just looking around for ideas?
    AndyMac wrote: »

Gold ghosts do not randomly spawn. Pick the first ghost, then go ahead and melee the summoner until it dies if that is your style, then return to boss.

I’m having trouble with stage 9 boss. I seem to go down very fast and I try to run around the deadroth and it still gets me with the fire. Not to mention incoming attacks from the boss.
  • scionix90
    scionix90
    ✭✭✭
    Basically at 370 cp harness Magic and C. Blood just doesn’t keep me alive for last boss
  • scionix90
    scionix90
    ✭✭✭
    I’m probably just a bad player lol
  • Gladium
    Gladium
    ✭✭✭
    scionix90 wrote: »
    I’m having trouble with stage 9 boss. I seem to go down very fast and I try to run around the deadroth and it still gets me with the fire. Not to mention incoming attacks from the boss.

Sorry for being a bit slow to get back to you. The daedroth's DoT applied by his fire attack increases in damage the longer he is alive, and the DoT becomes unbearable after ~10s. As a magDK you do not really have a great way of healing yourself, so kill that thing fast. My strategy is to burn the boss before the daedroth has the time to spawn. Grab the damage sigil and drop your big ultimate on the boss at the very start of the fight (don't wait to lay down your DoTs first, ult the second he appears). If you skipped the daedroth, great! If you find it is impossible for you to skip him, you will need to instead drop the ult on the daedroth, which means you are going to die on this pull and need to build your ultimate again, unless you wish to use the shield sigil now.

Try to do all 3 crystals in one go. DoT the crystals while going counter clockwise and dodging/blocking his skulls. As long as you shield up and heal a bit you can last for a very long time. Make sure you do not waste any time while moving from skull to skull, load up those heavy fire attacks.

Once you are down again, priority number 1 is to get the 3 gold ghosts. As a first timer, you will probably wipe if the boss grabs even one. When the third ghost spawns, another daedroth spawns - you want to finish the fight before he can deal damage to you. The downstairs phase should look like this:

1. Interrupt boss after you fall down (if you are close to the boss he will do an AoE before the channeled attack)

2. Kill summoner

3. Kill boss

You need to keep an eye on the ghost and make sure you dodge the skull he throws as well. Best of luck!
    Edited by Gladium on July 12, 2018 8:22AM
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @scionix90 you run good damage setup and it is difficult to understand why you die, but I can suggest you do the following:

When fight starts take Sword sigil, damage boss and when he teleports from middle to cast a stun on you and daedroth summons - this is when you drop your Destro ULT on both of them and just shield up until daedroth dies.

If you die to daedroth fire a lot - you can invest some CP in to thick skinned.

Drop vampire if you have it.

After boss teleports to the crystal stage, just keep harness up 100% and cast dots on crystals and don't forget to apply ele drain to them.

When you drop down just get the Shield sigil asap and stay close to the boss and collect all the golden ghosts, after 3 ghosts you can use stun when boss teleports and daedroth spawns and put destro ult on both of them. You should also kill summoners, but priority is golden ghosts.

Don't try to rush it, last boss takes some time to learn it, but after you do it once it will become the easiest fight of the arena.

Whenever I want to do a flawless run on my new char I am more afraid of level 5.
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq