The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 19 - Bug Reports for Combat Balance

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Please report any issues you run into involving combat and gameplay balance in this thread. In general, we prefer you to use /bug in-game but if you’d rather submit a report here, please give us as much information as possible, including screenshots and/or video if applicable. Thank you!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Casting Ball of Lightning and Empowered Ward (when you have players, pets or even NPCs nearby) removes Retreating Maneuver.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaan's beam still ignores terrain and goes through walls....
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rune Cage (morph): Decreased the damage done from this ability by approximately 20%.

Damage wasn't the primary problem with this ability. Sorcs have plenty of damage. The problem was the uncounterability of a 41m unblockable stun combined with all the other damage sorcs can stack up to land at once.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Rune Cage (morph): Decreased the damage done from this ability by approximately 20%.

Damage wasn't the primary problem with this ability. Sorcs have plenty of damage. The problem was the uncounterability of a 41m unblockable stun combined with all the other damage sorcs can stack up to land at once.

for squishy builds (dodgeroll based) that´s adressed with fury explosion no longer being applied on them when dodging though.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

for squishy builds (dodgeroll based) that´s adressed with fury explosion no longer being applied on them when dodging though.

And for everyone that's not a roll spammer?
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zaan's beam still ignores terrain and goes through walls....

guess it's intended at this Point...
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Shields or mitigation/health.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

great so just die when below 18k Health.
    as a sorc you should know that Slot a heal isn't a counter to shieldbreaker, don't just repeat the same Things in another costume because People are stupid.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

Considering that the new set, Balorgh, will buff your abilities after using an ultimate (Meteor)- you've got a pretty formidable combo. Run Cage, Meteor, light attack, Rune Cage explosion, Mage's Fury, Implosion. (all with an additional ~340 extra spell damage) Before anyone can react to Rune Cage...
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WW are still spontaneously dewolfing—yes, though timer is still mostly full when this happens. Seems to happen occur only in PVP (from my personal experience). I believe it may be tied to snares/CC/immunity.

Also, just commentary: and the new timer is way worse and than the old. Perhaps have it tick on damage given OR received.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon Knights chain charge pulls attacker through stones, walls,.. You can also cast enemy who jumps down from ledge and the attacker flies down to that enemy getting no fall damage. Nightblade teleport charge can go through keep doors at same manner. Templars charge cannot go uphill or downhill in many places and is very buggy. Wardens healing pull to friendly target can go through trees, walls, etc.
    Edited by Stibbons on July 10, 2018 8:47PM
  • ArtOfShred
    ArtOfShred
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_Wrobel

Effect & ID based bugs for this update (mostly relevant to the API)
    Note: I'll try to cover active abilities later - for now this covers base Transformation + Morphs & passive effects
    Also if there's any better way I can provide information too, please let me know. A lot of the things I mention are just a little too long to fit into ingame bug reports (Although - I could try to break it up and send bug reports still if preferred).

Werewolf Transformation Fears:
    [111832] = Werewolf Transformation
    [111843] = Pack Leader
    [111844] = Werewolf Berserker
    • Not sure what causes this - but unlike most other Crowd Control effects in the game, if a target is immune to one of these fears then:
      EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT reads an ACTION_RESULT_ERROR with source/target as player. Since the enemy is immune to the effect, you'd expect the event to be Player -> Target.
      This doesn't effect the default UI in any way, but it does cause funkyness on any scrolling combat text addons, and may cause issues with crowd control trackers or buff trackers as well depending on how they work. (It's worth noting here this same problem occurs with the snare from Puncturing Strikes and its morphs).
    • [111844] = Werewolf Berserker - icon is wrong, using Pack Leader icon (should use: 'esoui/art/icons/ability_werewolf_001_a.dds')
    • All 3 of these fears lack a mouseover tooltip, should use the generic "Frightened" tooltip. EDIT: NVM, forgot buffs not on the player don't display tooltips from GetAbilityEffectDescription(buffSlot)
    Quick Side Note here: This may be something I need to bring up with Chip at some point - there are some API issues with combat event order for some CC effects (only some events, the rest work as expected - mostly fear effects seem to have this issue) and maybe this is related to it? (Some insight here).

New Pet CC Immunity:
    [112170] = CC Immunity
    • This doesn't seem to be being read by the addon API correctly (EVENT_EFFECT_CHANGED) or something - When I summon a pet this effect doesn't apply on it.
    • However - when I run by another player with a summoned pet already out - then an EVENT_EFFECT_CHANGED event triggers - and the effect is visible.
    • If the pet dies and is resummoned when I'm near that player however, no EVENT_EFFECT_CHANGED is triggered. The effect is not visible (but the pet is definitely CC immune still).
    • If possible it would be best if this passive would always show on any player pets for consistency.
    Also: Is it actually intended all pets are permanently CC immune? I don't recall that being a thing before but maybe its just because I haven't really played for a couple months.

Pack Leader Dire Wolves:
    [80177] = Pack Leader
    [80178] = Pack Leader
    • These effects are both applied as unlimited duration passive BUFF AURAS on the wolves individually (one has 80177, one has 80178) - What exactly do these do? I've observed these falling off and not reapplying (at least not in a way the API can detect)
      When running around all over the place leaping in WW form and bouncing in and out of combat occasionally I saw this passive fade from a wolf and then the new CC Immunity id for pets applies on it instead [112170] CC Immunity.
    • Regardless, both effects lack icons/don't serve much of a purpose and should not have Effect Auras (also the effect tooltip/description is something really goofy like "Increases speed").
    • Unlike other player pets, Pack Leader werewolfs try to apply Pet Taunt to player targets. (62201 and 63795 apply but not the actual debuff 63794) - This doesn't have any effect on combat, but maybe the AI should be changed to not do this for efficiency (Might as well not trigger Game/API events if not needed).
    • [80180] = Birth Direwolf - .5 sec duration buff effect on Direwolves when summoned (Self stun/maybe damage reduction) - This effect does not need to display a buff aura.
    Siege Interaction
    • Werewolves can use placed Siege weapons but can't SET or PACK siege weapons. Not sure if this is intended or not.
    • Siege Repair kits do work which I believe would be intended - not sure about door/wall repair kits - can someone confirm?
    Werewolf Transformation End:
    [39477] - De-Werewolf
    • This 1.5 sec duration self stun applied when shifting out of werewolf form has a buff effect icon. I think the effect should not display an aura - while it is a stun, I feel its more along the line of the "Mounting Up" stun where it''s not so much "A combat effect worth note" but more of "just a movement locked animation."
    Devour Passive Synergy:
    [33208] - Devour
    • Devour displays a channel/duration time from the API of 4 seconds (from EVENT_EFFECT_CHANGED) but in practice the full channel only ever lasts 3 seconds. Not sure if we're getting one less tick of resources back then intended or the lower duration is intended.
    • I've had several corpses disappear mid-devour and end the channel early.
    Sanies Lupinus:
    [31068] - Sanies Lupinus (NPC Bite)
    [40521] - Sanies Lupinus (Player Bite)
    • [40521] - Sanies Lupinus - Does not have a mouseover tooltip. Should probably be updated to mention that is it the werewolf precursor disease. I'm not sure if 31068 has the same issue as I don't have access to that buff to see (Might be worth checking vampirism precursors too).
    • [40521] - Sanies Lupinus - Does not fade after completing the Werewolf quest. Not sure if this also applies to the other id or not. This bug has been present for a very long time. It would be nice if this was cleaned up and Sanies Lupinus was removed once Lycanthropy was obtained (just like Vampirism removes its precursor buff).
    • If the player has both Sanies Lupinus and Lycanthropy the priest has both dialogue options to remove each one individually - but choosing to remove Lycanthrophy will get rid of both.
    Hircine's Gift Precursor Quest + Player Werewolf Bite issues
    • [40515] - Devour - This is the 4 sec duration event when a player bites another player. Previously this used to work - now it seems to not work. Even when holding still - an ACTION_RESULT_BEGIN is triggered but nothing else. I'd like to suggest making this a SELF STUN on the player instead of a cast time ability (with no buff aura please) so that the animation is forced to complete.
    • [40520] - Q3047 - Knockdown - 7 sec duration stun on target of bite. This effect doesn't have a buff aura and I believe it should. Should be named either "Devour" or "Bloodmoon" and have one of those icons.
    • Bug - In the quest werewolf form the player cannot roll dodge. I think this is a little outdated and might confuse new players into thinking you can't dodge as a Werewolf.
    Lastly a request: The werewolf form in the Hircine's Gift precursor quest is very outdated. Attacks perform completely differently (different ids), and the devour ability used in the quest functions like the old cast time variant. It would be neat if this quest was updated to use current werewolf attacks & devour.
    Edited by ArtOfShred on July 11, 2018 2:30AM
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Assassin's scourge, Ballista and Meteor:

These two first mentioned abilities have no Audio cue atm although they both are either an ult or deal more damage than many ults, also both had quite a distinct sound cue in the past.

Ballista sounds like an old MG42 mowing down bones.
    Scourge had an equal sound to assassin's will which has the loudest Audio cue in the game for any ability, now there is no sound at all, you get hit by one of the strongest things in the game and you don't hear anything. The weakest dot in the game (entropy) has a sound cue that is louder than most things in the game, i don't care of I'm hit with entropy it deals 500 damage everyone 6 seconds. I want to know when a projectile with a tooltip of 15k+ is flying towards me.

Ballista also managed to get rid of all visual effect on the target, back when it worked right it looked like yellowish golden baloons popped right below your characters ass, also the "bow" was visible, the latter being only visible from time to time and not visible for everyone ( friend of mine got hit by ballista and didn't had any visuals on his screen while i saw it and vice versa)

Shield ulti is still breaking on block cancel and you get no effect but the ult is drained from you

Jabs are still bugged, a full list got probably provided during the Class Rep Meeting.

Leap has is negated by things it shouldn't be countered by it can be cloaked, dodged, outwalked, streaked, or it doesn't even deal damage when an enemy isn't moving.
    The hitbox is extremely wonky and doesn't work how it used to be, also there are many issue stopping the ult from firing in the first place.

Streak and morphs ignore structures and the z-axis with their stun

Shalks also ignore structures and the z -axis
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please no. Not another round of LoS and gap closer whack. :/
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Befoul CP doesn't seem to be functioning the same as live.

Live:
    Normal heal: 1738
    Major + Minor Defile: 1043
    100 Befoul + Major + Minor Defile: 730

PTS:
    Normal heal: 3359
    Major + Minor Defile: 2256
    100 Befoul + Major + Minor Defile: 2237

Defile tooltips also aren't updating when using befoul, but they do on live.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Live:

PTS:

PRAISE THE LORD THEY FINALLY ADDED AN USEFUL BUG
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

Live:

PTS:

PRAISE THE LORD THEY FINALLY ADDED AN USEFUL BUG

i'm sure it will be the first, they fix :wink:
    Noobplar
  • CurvedSwords123
    CurvedSwords123
    ✭✭✭
    "Item Traits
    Infused (Weapon): Fixed an issue where the cooldown reduction was applying to both of your Weapon Enchantments if you were dual wielding."

Yeh. How about you not ZoS? Doesn't sharpened and nirnhoned benefit both ur weps on DW bar? This was a lot of fun. Try not being a buzz kill for a patch cycle. Thanks.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Item Traits
    Infused (Weapon): Fixed an issue where the cooldown reduction was applying to both of your Weapon Enchantments if you were dual wielding."

Yeh. How about you not ZoS? Doesn't sharpened and nirnhoned benefit both ur weps on DW bar? This was a lot of fun. Try not being a buzz kill for a patch cycle. Thanks.

lul...i was explaining people over pages of text why this has to be a bug, and everyone was like "no, you are so wrong...this has to be that way"...now i'm laughing :lol:

look at the traits and how they affect your stats/what they effect and you'll see a difference between some of them. Even nirn and sharp work totally different and are totally different when you compare the values of one-handed and twohanded weps.
    Noobplar
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mage's fury doesn't work properly at the moment.
    When you apply it before the enemy falls below 20%, it will not explode when you bring them under 20%.
    It will only explode when you cast it below 20%. And also, the debuff is still applied when enemies dodge it.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tagged with /bug in-game

Seems that Major Fracture from Deafening Roar isn't applied if the Target isn't feared. (PTS) (So it can't be applied to bosses or 'large' monsters)
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tagged with /bug in-game

Bow, Restoration Staff, and One Hand and Shield Light attack weaving appears to be bugged in some manner.

(Skill:Weapon combinations tested)

(Bow: Poison Arrow)(1HnS:Puncture)(Resto:InnerFire)
  • Rmmichael95
    Rmmichael95
    ✭✭
    Stibbons wrote: »
    Dragon Knights chain charge pulls attacker through stones, walls,.. You can also cast enemy who jumps down from ledge and the attacker flies down to that enemy getting no fall damage. Nightblade teleport charge can go through keep doors at same manner.

Nightblade gap close can be used when rooted because you jump from your spot to the enemy in an instant. It makes sense that it would get through keep doors.
    Masters of the Imperial Harem

CP 660+

50 Magicka Dunmer Dragon Knight
    50 Magicka Altmer Sorceror
    50 Magicka Breton Templar
    50 Magicka Altmer Templar
    50 Stamina Orc Dragon Knight
    50 Stamina Khajiit Night Blade
    50 Stamina Redguard Sorceror
    50 Argonian Sap Tank - retired
    50 Templar Hybrid Redguard Werewolf
    50 Magicka Altmer Proxy Night Blade
    50 Argonian Balzing Shield
    50 Stamina Bosmer Bow
    50 Warden Argonian Tank Heals
    50 Warden Hybrid Orc Werewolf
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I submitted a bug report for Xbox NA with a video clip showing that Magicka Controller wasn't granting 2% max magicka per Mages Guild ability slotted, but it is granting the 2% magicka regen per skill slotted:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/425666/bug-magicka-controller-not-granting-max-magicka#latest

I haven't found a patch note indicating that this problem is known or addressed already on PC, Live or PTS, if someone could take a look at this maybe we can get a bug fix in the update.
  • Kronuxx
    Kronuxx
    ✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    Assassin's scourge, Ballista and Meteor:

Shield ulti is still breaking on block cancel and you get no effect but the ult is drained from you

Leap has is negated by things it shouldn't be countered by it can be cloaked, dodged, outwalked, streaked, or it doesn't even deal damage when an enemy isn't moving.
    The hitbox is extremely wonky and doesn't work how it used to be, also there are many issue stopping the ult from firing in the first place.

Streak and morphs ignore structures and the z-axis with their stun

Shalks also ignore structures and the z -axis

Yes please. Fix these. Especially leap constantly missing despite the target player being well within leap range and shield wall ultimate being consumed but not activated upon animation cancelling/block cancelling it.

Also, has anyone tested in PTS to see if the disorient from Draining Shot is still allowing you to be CC'd twice? If it is, @ZOS_GinaBruno , can we get a fix on this. Example: Currently someone can cast Draining Shot on you, stunning you. You can CC break, only to be CC'd again by any ability that can stun you. Like Draining shot -> CC break -> Flame Reach -> CC break again.
    Edited by Kronuxx on July 17, 2018 5:57PM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever the new patch did it seems to have screwed with animations. Light attack weaving is no longer possible, the entire animation is now forced to show before things will progress. Please investigate @ZOS_GinaBruno

Edit: New characters do not seem to have this issue, but my imported characters do. Specifically my templar with full CP and gear. I dont know what could be causing it, I tried unequipping gear, deallocating CP...nothing.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on July 18, 2018 5:14AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The guard abilities don’t respect LoS in resource towers. Has been like that for ages now.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Power Stone, the sorc passive that reduces ultimate cost, is not functioning. I have both skill points in it, but it is NOT reducing the costs of any ultimate.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR