The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

PTS Update 19 - Feedback Thread for Keep Recall Stones

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Keep Recall Stones. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Were you able to earn a Keep Recall Stone?
  • Did you buy any Stones with AP?
  • What did you think about this new system overall?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Were you able to earn a Keep Recall Stone?
    Not yet

Did you buy any Stones with AP?
    Yes. Bought 50

What did you think about this new system overall?

This seems mostly to be a replacement for getting killed on purpose. More expensive but definitely more immersive.

Do you have any other general feedback?

I used a stone to port into Alessia while all its resources were held by an enemy alliance. This is going to mean a lot less time spent riding to a keep that has been cut off.

Porting out of delve always lands me back in the base camp regardless of which keep I pick as my destination. If this is by design I can't say I understand why it is like that.

I was unable to port out of some delves after I had killed the bosses. This happened in Lipsand Tarn, Muck Valley Cavern and Red Ruby Cave. I did wait a few minutes, and kept trying, in case this was caused a restriction from being in combat, but to no avail.
    Edited by RaddlemanNumber7 on July 11, 2018 3:40PM
    PC EU
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems mostly to be a replacement for getting killed on purpose. More expensive but definitely more immersive.
    Agreed. Although I never did understand why death release, and now these Recall Stones, don't pay attention to the Transitus Network. These stones as they are basically render the Transitus Network redundant, if death porting hadn't done that already. (Yes you have to leave the area of the keep to use it, but it'll still allow you to port to an unconnected owned keep that's clear across the map.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were you able to earn a Keep Recall Stone?
    Not through rewards, cyrodil isn't active enough on pts
    Did you buy any Stones with AP?
    Yes
    What did you think about this new system overall?
    Its a neat idea, but for its high cost it only teleports one person for 20k ap. You are better off blood porting and buying a forward camp which benefits other people
    Do you have any other general feedback?
    Make it so that when you use it, you open a rift that is marked on the map for about 5 minutes that your party can teleport through. It is destroyed when its targeted keep flags. For its current cost I cant see myself buying any of the stones when bloodporting is free and I am better off buying forward camps which benefit the entire grp and not just me
  • StereoLiz
    StereoLiz
    ✭✭✭
    I can't test it on pts, but I have something to say. I play in Vivec pc eu for DC for couple years and from my point of view its a bad idea. Ad nightcapers win vivec for 2 or 3 years. Same picture everyday - they hightcap, then spread between keeps and wait for first sights of DC and EP resistance. They can hold most of the keeps during morning, day for 12-14 hours because its easier to defend when you have emp and all scroll buffs. In this situation keep recall stones will encourage this behavior even more. Keep recall stones will lead to more disbalance! Last update changes in scoring have already increase nightcapers' score - sometimes they have twice more points than second place. Please, don't do this to us.

I don't think stones are the same way as suicide on purpose - suicide takes 2-3 minutes: you need to find proper enemy, ride to him and wait while he is killing you. Sometimes when mission is complete its too late to respawn in keep, because its already under attack. Stones are instant solution.

TLDR: keep recall stones will favor wininng (nightcapping) side.
  • schattenkind
    schattenkind
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea of shortening the horse simulator, not specificaly when a keep is about to be attacked, just in other situations where I am far away from any possibility to travel and it is hard to suicide (portable slaughterfish might be a solution too).

What I would suggest is, to give it a huge cooldown to prevent "keep hoping". I especially see this danger in known, organized groups who manages to pull advantage from anything given... 20k AP? I would laugh at this price and I dont have even that much AP (~2m). And there are plenty ppl who have a lot more, which makes it even easier to buy like 100 stones and use when needed.

Another point is: new players to the alliance wars are disadvantaged - again (1. They dont have so many AP 2. For beginners it is hard to earn AP). Or lets say it the other way around: Experienced players have one more advantage ahead. It is geting harder and harder for the beginners and again I say, do something for the NEW players to get them into the wars, not for the old who play for years. Maybe make the stones half the price for rank under 5 (or sth like that) or half the cooldown time for low ranked players. Do something which gives lowranks attraction to play...
    I seriously dont see many pvp beginners stay in the wars, since its hard enough already...
    PC - EU
    Primary: PvP: magSorc, magNB, PvE: DK Tank, Templar Heal
    Secondary: PvP: magDK, Templar, PvE: Warden something
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for asking this, but i cant test it myself so i hope to get an answer here. (If not, plaese delete this and post it into the correct thread).

Can you use the recall stone inside of a dungeon in cyrodiil?
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iduyenn wrote: »
    Sorry for asking this, but i cant test it myself so i hope to get an answer here. (If not, plaese delete this and post it into the correct thread).

Can you use the recall stone inside of a dungeon in cyrodiil?

You can use them when you are inside delves. But, having said that I have had some difficulty getting them to work after I have killed the boss(es).
    PC EU
  • kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Were you able to earn a Keep Recall Stone?
      no
    • Did you buy any Stones with AP?
      yes
    • What did you think about this new system overall?
      It has promise, but needs some tweaks for me to actually want to use it.
    • Do you have any other general feedback?
      I think the requirement to NOT be near a keep to use it should be removed, and the cost should be lowered. Maybe 5k? It's not worth a forward camp which has multiple uses if not burned, and it is literally only replacing death porting which is completely free.
    Edited by kookster on August 6, 2018 6:22PM
    Potato Pact - PC NA
  • jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    An idea could to grant some as rewards on the first levels in Alliance War Ranks.
    Or add some to the existing levelling system in order for new players to not be with a slow mount AND no AP to buy those stones.
    Pain-Healer - Argonian Templar Healer (EP) - Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon's Heart
    Guild : Ghosts and Goblins Target Dummies
    Players know me as Jeban