The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Magicka Nightblade gear

Exradico
Exradico
I am building a Magicka nightblade and I was thought about going 5 pieces Julianos, 5 piece spinners, and 2 Valkyn Skoria, but I thought that if I went with that set up I will have very low resources. Any on what gear setups that will give me high burst damage, and good resource management?
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just created a magblade as well. Julianos, Maiden of War, Skoria. With undaunted 40K mag plus and good sustain with Siphoning Attacks and spell power pots.

In Dungeons no sustain problems, sometimes maybe at end of a fight its nothing that 1 or 2 heavy attacks cant solve.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Exradico
    Exradico
    Right now I am running 5 vicious death, 4 julianos, and 3 willpower. I am thinking about dropping willpower and go 5 julianos, and 5 vicious death and 2 vaklyn skoria.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oke but vicious death is for player versus player. If that is what you do it can be good don't know I only PVE. But if you want a dungeon and trail set and do very good high damage, julianos, skoria, maiden of war will do loads of damage and is very easy to get.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Exradico
    Exradico
    Ik
  • Exradico
    Exradico
    How about replacing vicious death with martial knowledge?
  • ArpamiesFin
    ArpamiesFin
    ✭✭✭
    5 mothers sorrow+5 burning spellweave+2 valkyn
  • Exradico
    Exradico

burning spellweave will only proc if we are using a flame dmg ability and the only flame dmg we have is from valkyn which will only hit for a certain amount of time.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

burning spellweave will only proc if we are using a flame dmg ability and the only flame dmg we have is from valkyn which will only hit for a certain amount of time.

You ought to be using flame wall and fire elemental rage in pve, with a front bar flame enchantment, with light attacks that are also flame. That is plenty to keep bsw up.

Magblades bars looks something like this-

Front bar infused flame staff with flame enchant

Inner light- cripple- merciless resolve- impale- funnel health- ulti elemental rage

Back bar flame staff with infused lightning enchantment

Inner light- flex(I use sap essance but you ought to be using pots for max dps)- siphoning attacks- refreshing path- flame wall of elements- ulti soul harvest

Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on July 11, 2018 3:50AM
  • Exradico
    Exradico
    I mainly play pvp, but your right. Sorry.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mainly play pvp, but your right. Sorry.

If you want to ask about PvP, why not post in the PvP forum? Here- https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/PvP-combat-skills
  • Exradico
    Exradico
    I didn't post in the pvp forum because I don't just play pvp all the time. Sometimes I play pve and I play pve for gear and keys from pledges. And for fun.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't post in the pvp forum because I don't just play pvp all the time. Sometimes I play pve and I play pve for gear and keys from pledges. And for fun.

They are different beasts though, you can not run the same skills/armor sets in both and be successful in each. So you have to decide what you want to specifically play and then work from there.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on July 11, 2018 4:02AM
  • Exradico
    Exradico
    Ik but whatever I try I cannot make a good build that works for either of them
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ik but whatever I try I cannot make a good build that works for either of them

What do you mean by "good build"? Also, Have you considered you might be the problem? Nbs are not for everyone, they are the hardest class to play at a high level.
  • Exradico
    Exradico
    Effective build
  • Exradico
    Exradico
    And I am new to nightblades