Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Leveling question from a fresh player

polleke1976
polleke1976
Soul Shriven
I'm leveling my first character (lvl 30 by now). I just completed Auridon, coulpled with the daily instance to get to this level. But as this game is huge, I'm at a dilemma. Should I now focus on the main quest series and add the skyshards/delves to that to get leveled up fast. Or should I just keep completing complete regions.

What is your advice here?

Best Answers

• Sixfoote
    Sixfoote
    ✭✭
    I guess it really depends on what you want to do in game. My first character I did all the quests in all the regions not just to level up, but because I enjoyed the story. This of course took a while to level my character, but I didn't mind because I enjoyed the game. If you just want to try to get leveled up as fast as you can, I would recommend doing dark anchors and dungeons. They both tend to give you a lot of experience and dungeons give you a skill point the first time you beat them. If you just do the main story quest in each faction, you will get skill points every so many quests and it doesn't take too long to run through them. I recommend getting all the skyshards in each zone as well because the delves will give you some experience and you can never have too many skill points when you first start out :)
    Answer ✓
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx all for the feedback.

I was thinking of doing the main quest and in my case the Aldmeri Dominion questline. Together with all the Delves and the daily dungeons, will I get to max level like that, without too much grind?

Doing that, you will easily get to L50 and possibly CP160 without grinding. In addition to delves, make sure you do the public dungeons in each zone, because each of these has a skill point boss.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2400CP
    Answer ✓
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really depens on you... if you enjoyed it till now, keep to it.

If you rather like to do something else, do something else.

Personally i would advice everyone to play all storylines at least once, they are a highlight of what ESO has in store for you.
  • polleke1976
    polleke1976
    Soul Shriven

I was thinking of doing the main quest and in my case the Aldmeri Dominion questline. Together with all the Delves and the daily dungeons, will I get to max level like that, without too much grind?

• polleke1976
    polleke1976
    Soul Shriven
    Ah, nice. I forgot about those. Thx.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, nice. I forgot about those. Thx.
    yes, do that you enjoy. if you get bored of something simply do something else.
    Edited by zaria on July 9, 2018 1:29PM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Before One Tamriel, I hit level 50 from doing my Alliance questline and side quests/delves in those zones, main quest, fighters and mages guild, and made level 50 at some point in Coldharbor.

That's more or less what the game is designed for - reach level 50 in your alliance, then gain CP in Cadwell's Silver and Gold and DLC, chapters.

That being said, I leveled a new character to level 20 just by doing Summerset's main quest and associated side quests, so you don't need a ton of grinding. Another good source of exp if you don't want to quest 100% of the time is the daily random dungeon and the daily random battleground.
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    The main quest gives a lot of skill points so you will want to do it eventually, it also gives a cool dye if you don't have it already and levels up the Soul Magic skill line .
    I would do the main quest now and then continue doing zones as you probably wont level up to 50 just by doing that (unless you don't play much and do a daily normal everyday)
    PC/EU - This is a signature