The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Very low dps. Need help

ibervangb16_ESO
I have been playing a Khajit stam, duel wielding nightblade, and my dps seems to be way lower than everybody else. I have spend quite a bit of my points into crafting. I plan on respecing, but could use some ideas, before i do. I have look a little at the builds here, and plan on looking more closely at them. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/345793/summerset-builds-for-all-classes-guides-alcasthq-com/p1 http://deltiasgaming.com/eso-stamina-nightblade-dps-build/
But like to hear what others do, and their experience. I see some use an aoe ability that just destroys mobs. I have recently taken whirlwind, but it dosen't seem to do nearly as much damage, as i see others aoe dps. I haven't put that many points into my passives, which i plan on doing. But i doubt that will increase my damage x3, which seems to be the case, when i see other people attack minions. They use few attacks, where i have to use many, to kill a mob. I gets frustrating being so weak, and just see everybody else do way better than you do. And having issues dealing with 3+ mobs. i put 7 points into magicka, 12 into health and 45 into stamina. My off-hand is a bow, which i haven't maxed out yet. I'm level 50 and 147 champion
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    - put all attribute points in stamina
    - fill all passives: class, weapons you're using, medium armor, fighters guid
    - get decent gear; once you hit 160 have 5 Hunding 4 Night Mother's Gaze or Night's Silwnce 1L/5M/1H crafted
    - develop a rotation; keep all DoTs and buffs up
    - weave with every skill; since you're low CP I recommend doing mostly heavy attacks on front bar
    - adapt the builds you find, most of them are for max CP, BiS gear full group support and won't work for solo players.

Whether you use 2H or 2W as main weapon it's your choice but before you unlock Vigor the former is better for Rally. Example:

Front: Reverse Slice* | Brawler | Surprise Attack | Rally | Camouflaged Hunter || Flawless Dawnbreaker
    Back: Poison Injection | Endless Hail | Rearming Trap | Relentless Focus | Leeching Strikes
    *or Killer's Blade if you only have one mob

Buff with Leeching Strikes Relentless Focus, Rally
    HA->Brawler->(HA->Surprise Attack)x4->swap->Spectral Bow->LA->Rearming Trap->LA->Endless Hail->LA->Poison Injection->swap
    Recast buffs every 2nd rotation.
    LA (light attack) weaving may be tricky but HA (heavy attack) is much easier. For the former you must pinch the attack button right before the skill one, for the latter just hold attack pressed and hit skill when the animation is about half way.
    When enemies drop to low HP (<25%) just do (HA->Reverse Slice)x4 or (LA->Killer's Blade)x6. Reverse Slice and 2H HA & LA are AoE so in large mob groups they are devastating.

Warrior or Serpent mundus, blue health+stamina food. Dunno about CP distribution but try to put them proportionally with CP750 builds and take care to be close to a jump point. Ex. if you are at 10.1% and next CP will raise that to CP 10.5% don't spend it there, just pick another star where you get just above the integer value. The game rounds down CP bonuses so 10.1% and 10.5% will be both 10%.
    Edited by Asardes on July 9, 2018 7:10AM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • phillyproduct
    phillyproduct
    ✭✭✭
    Dude dropped all the knowledge if u want a vid on how 2 do it check gilliamtherouge stam nb builds he shows how 2 weave and do a rotation
    CP-750 orc nighblade ebonheart NA
    Dark elf sorc ebonheart
    Orc templar
    Dark elf Dragon knight
    Redguard warden

Vet CoA saved the day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S616Dhc2Yu4
  • griffkhalifa
    griffkhalifa
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't put that many points into my passives, which i plan on doing.

Well passives do actually impact your DPS quite a bit, depending on the passives of course. I would get skyshards/do quests with skill points to get all the relevant passives you need.

Edit: also, at 147 CP I wouldn't worry too much about your DPS. Once you hit 160 and you equip some full sets then you can start to optimize your build to increase DPS.

One thing you want to do is check the enchantments on your weapons and armor. If you're a stam character you'll probably want all stam enchants on your armor and possibly weapon damage enchants on your jewelry (I have no idea what your setup is but this is just what I do).
    Edited by griffkhalifa on July 9, 2018 3:47PM
    PS4 NA
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The CliffNotes version: Use gear that boosts damage and crit, enchants that maximize stamina and weapon damage, keep AOE's, DOT's and buffs active, use spam skill over them, use ultimates when ready, work on rotation.
  • ibervangb16_ESO
    Thx for the answers