Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Poll] Does the Werewolf Model Need an Update?

AuldWolf
AuldWolf
✭✭✭✭✭
I know I already made a poll about this, though my detractors complained that I didn't offer clear enough options. In the interests of fair play, that's what I'm doing.

It looks as though the original model was based off of the Skyrim one. I recall in the early days of the community, this wasn't a popular choice. People felt it looked too much like some kind of monkey or ape, the proportions were very distorted, and it didn't look much like what anyone imagines a werewolf to be at all.

300px-Werewolf.png?version=951dfb2b8b2baa943d0fc0e0cc9f3ae9

This lead the modding community to come up with a number of better options. Such as the Apex Werewolf.

36497-3-1369745720.jpg

Sadly, ZOS decided to follow the path of Skyrim for their werewolf. Yet due to it being an MMO of 2014, the fidelity was far lower than that of Skyrim so it managed to look even worse.

maxresdefault.jpg

In my opinion, that's not what a video game werewolf in 2018 should look like. I feel ZOS can do better. And they did.

The Wolfhunter DLC introduced this model.

c66c6cc9a6bfedcb57b7df8c565529e0.jpg

This would be an absolute boon to werewolf fans. In my opinion, the current werewolf model looks really sorry for itself, it looks like someone's lost science experiment rather than a monstrous wolf creature that would strike fear into the hearts of its foes.

What say you?

Do you think the werewolf body model needs to be updated?

(Oops'd ESO's release date. Fixed that.)

Edited by AuldWolf on July 8, 2018 6:10AM

[Poll] Does the Werewolf Model Need an Update? 51 votes

Yes, I'd like to see an update to the werewolf model.
76%
Aren_LioreIruil_ESOstatic_rechargeNifty2gWolfpawChrlynschGravordBuffoutApheriussix2fallSibeniceAuldWolfPink_ViolinzperditionerAliyavanaGlaiceanaThe_LexFischblutIntegral1900Cerbolt 39 votes
No, I just want higher res textures for the current werewolf model.
9%
LupusdiabolusPeekachu99CardthiefAznoxNairinhe 5 votes
No, I want the original werewolf to stay as-is.
13%
Acrolasotis67idkTheTwistedRuneSasykMajesticHarukiHighKinlady 7 votes
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Werewolves in this game look god aweful, I realy feel for people who love playing them because it’s such a bodge job of a look, it would be like me still using base game motifs. It’s way past time to replace that thing
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hulking werewolf in the Eso Live video isn’t for players... it’s too big. Even scaled down it looks too fat for my taste. A better texture for the current model would be nice but how many people will play on setting high enough to appreciate it.

The werewolf skill line needs more help than the cosmetics imho.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to update the visual textures to be up to standerd like the hulking werewolf
    Options
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    Think WW & Vamp both need overhauled models
    Options
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the model and textures need updating. The hulking werewolf is cool but yes it's too large and I don't like it's bulk.
    antonio-j-manzanedo-werewolf5.jpg?1510836120
    This is a nice werewolf.
    Basically the ESO one could do with smaller hands, bigger ears, longer snout, actual fur (at least on the fringes of the model like chin, jaw, ears), better tail movement, more complex animations for attacks, and some actual raised hackles.
    wolfs_bride_original.jpg
    Good example of fur use here.
    kirill-khrol-110-werewolf.jpg?1506102056
    And this one is great too. Looks similar to the way the hulking werewolf has gone, but without the over beefy proportions, much closer to the player type.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I want the original werewolf to stay as-is.
    I am pretty much not looking at my character while in combat other than to see/avoid/mitigate damage so I do not see a big deal about this and am fine with the current appearance.
    Options
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the Werewolf Model Need an Update?
    It's in ESO, so yes, it needs a visual update.
    Options
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The current model doesn't bother me, though I don't use it much on the one werewolf character I have atm. That might change with the upcoming changes to the skill line I guess. I wouldn't mind them updating the model but I feel the game has more pressing aesthetic issues like the endless amount of armor/weapon clipping issues.
    Options
  • AuldWolf
    AuldWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel bad because I really should've included vampires in this poll. Those guys have it rough, too.

I admit, I created this a little impulsively due to the complainants in the prior topic balking at the cheekiness of the poll options, that was because I genuinely couldn't believe anyone would want to stick with the original werewolf model as-is. I feel like that was justified going by the numbers of this poll, but since the complaints were made I wanted to get rid of any concern-trolling about the poll options. I just wanted it to be obvious how people feel about the werewolf form.

In my zeal, though, I didn't think to include vampires in the equation and I apologise for that. I think the moderators would get fairly mad at me were I to make a third poll, but were I to see a poll about vampires created by another? I'd vote on it. Least I can do. I really should've mentioned vampires, though. That's my passion for werewolves getting the best of me. One of the things that brought me to ESO initially was my love of werewolves, and being incredibly disappointed with them was why I took a break from it. I came back later though and found much to enjoy when I wasn't feeling preoccupied about that.

So, yes, my passion for werewolves ran away with me, here. I really should've mentioned vamps in this poll. My apologies to our daedric cousins who're in a very similar boat.
    Options