Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Character can not be logged in. Continuous loading screen

Dreyloch
Dreyloch
✭✭✭✭✭
Have a character right now that's stuck in Wrothgar in the mages guild area where potions and runes etc are made. I can log in any other toon except this one atm. Which is crucial because he makes my pots!! ANy ideas?
"The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try clearing MM data. I had a similar issue a few months back with a char that had become almost impossible to load and it was caused by old/corrupted MM data that caused the addon to load slowly to the point it timed out from server. As a general advice disable all addons that aren't absolutely necessary for that char's activities.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @asardes - what is MM data. i'm having the issue of OP. i can't log in and keep getting infinite load screens or unable to connect - (PC / NA)
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • kosten07
    kosten07
    The log in server is completely broken. Been trying to log in for a few hours with some friends who all had time to play, none of us can get in. (NA Server living in the Midwest). The few times we were able to log in we immediately got booted.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Load screens have been an issue since Summerset dropped. I have not had issues logging in but often get disconnected when entering something like a dungeons or a building.

I sent in a ticket a week ago with some details but have yet to even get a confirmation Zos received the ticket. Considering it is so repeatable it is very unlikely it is my internet.
  • Manchas87
    Manchas87
    @Dreyloch do this my friend:

- Close game
    - Go to Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live (Non-Steam version, I don't know where is that folder for Steam version)
    - Delete the file named "ShaderCache.cooked". Don't worry, the game auto create it again.
    - Optional (recommended): Repair client. Open launcher. You have a menu in the Middle (not corner! middle) of it,
    called "Game Options". Click it and select REPAIR. It will take less than 1 hour.
    - Open client again. (Remember this: you can bypass the Launcher, by just opening the client file "eso64.exe")
    - Low down Textures 1 level (if you have it High, put it Medium. If you have it Medium, put it low). This is to make your PC to don't "stress". You can also put 1 level less your Subsampling. The rest is not importante to low it down.
    - Optional: Turn off all your addons (you just enable then again when you log in). What I meant, is to deactivate them from Addons menu, on that log in screen, just unticking.
    - NOW log in. It will take longer than usual, because client will be creating the .cooked file you deleted. When you reach Character screen, enter with your character.
    - Please, don't touch anything XD Don't Alt Tab, don't make 50 clicks, and be patient. Wait max 4 minutes.
    - Seriously, if aaaaall of this doesn't work, you really need Support to unstuck your toon.

I really wish you can solve this bro!
    Edited by Manchas87 on July 8, 2018 3:16AM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    @asardes - what is MM data. i'm having the issue of OP. i can't log in and keep getting infinite load screens or unable to connect - (PC / NA)

Master Merchant addon. It's one of the more resource heavy. Since Summerset it has been really slow to load. I only keep it active on one char.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turned off some add-on's that all the sudden made this issue appear out of the blue. But it's now subsided. I wanna say it's an issue with Map Pins, or Harvest Map. Even though I have many of the items turned off, the game is trying to load them as I'm coming in and just times out? Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions!
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"