Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battleground Leaderboards not updating/applying points. But who cares?

ChiknAriseMcFro
I'm sure I'm not the only one who's noticed this. I keep getting moments where even though at the end of the match I get the leaderboard score tick, my leaderboard score does not increase. I.e. Rank 30 95,970 points, gets 1000 point tick, check leaderboard, still have 95,970 points instead of 96,970 points. Noticed it last week when I was stuck in 12th place and again yesterday. Then randomly starts progressing again but doesn't update with the points I didn't get applied.

Update: problem still exists but clearly it's not an issue.
Edited by ChiknAriseMcFro on September 10, 2018 6:38AM
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What platform are you on where you can even be in the top 100 with that kind of score?
  • ChiknAriseMcFro
    Daus wrote: »
    What platform are you on where you can even be in the top 100 with that kind of score?

Xbox One. 12th was 198k. 30thish is the 90k. As of this reply I'm rank 22 with 132k.
    Edited by ChiknAriseMcFro on July 7, 2018 5:09PM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

3 different leaderboards.
  • ChiknAriseMcFro
    Looks like I forgot to point out that it's Deathmatch.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh well on Xbox I seen people close to 400k points but not everyone plays as much or get enough queues, goes for console and pc.
  • ChiknAriseMcFro
    Yeah. It's xbox na. I just learned there's a proper leaderboard about 2 weeks ago myself so it's probaly just not that popular. Current no.1 is 449k.
    Edited by ChiknAriseMcFro on July 7, 2018 8:42PM
  • ChiknAriseMcFro
    And it's doing it again.
  • ChiknAriseMcFro
    I should note that I've been tracking my score and this is happening win or lose.
  • ChiknAriseMcFro
    Stuck again at 166976 points. Seems like I'm only getting points about 1/4 matches.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn’t really matter, as long as you’re on the boards. Which is overrated, a gold wizards riposte staff is one of the few decent rewards.
  • ChiknAriseMcFro
    I agree to an extent. The thing is I'm stuck at a rank because I'm not gaining points even though I'm working for them. I average about 2k per round win or lose. That's about 6k not getting applied. I could move up 2 or 3 ranks. Regardless of the rewards there is the competitive factor of seeing myself at least in the top 10, which I would be had all my points been applied. Call me weird but that rank means more to me than a gold staff I'll just break down for mats.
  • SuicideRoach
    SuicideRoach
    ✭✭
    This has been happening to me today n it’s frustrating. Currently 5th on the last day of deathmatch n nothing is applying
  • ChiknAriseMcFro
    Yup. Seems like it gets worse the higher the rank and towards the end of the week. I noticed it on my first attempt getting into the top 10.
  • ChiknAriseMcFro
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Please note this is still an issue at least on Xbox NA. Just ran 3 matches where my points were not applied on the leaderboard. I am not the only one affected.
    Edit: So as not to be asked again. Yes, I've tried "fixes" suggested by customer service like logging out, deleting local saves, restarting router/xbox, etc. I'm literally watching as the current no 1 is getting points but myself and another player are not making any progress for what is now 10+ matches. The issue is server side.
    Edited by ChiknAriseMcFro on July 29, 2018 12:09AM
  • ChiknAriseMcFro
    Here's a little evidence for the "pics or didn't happen" crowd.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AsymbeCCautXlshwgchQsjro3icknQ

The key things to look at here are the leaderboard score of 267460, the 1.6k leaderboard score tick, then again at the 267460 leaderboard score which is where I've been at for appx. the last 12 hours. I've played many matches, win, lose, or middle and there's been no progress whatsoever.
    Edited by ChiknAriseMcFro on July 29, 2018 10:43AM
  • ChiknAriseMcFro
    Still happening.
  • ChiknAriseMcFro
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leaderboards in BG's are time played. I wouldn't invest too much thought or worry into them.

Whoever is on the doll wins.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • ChiknAriseMcFro
    BNOC wrote: »
    Leaderboards in BG's are time played. I wouldn't invest too much thought or worry into them.

Whoever is on the doll wins.

Keyword "time". Our most valuable commodity as mortal beings. Making such a huge time investment into trying to defend the no. 1 spot and not getting points is hindering progress and wasteful. Because of this bug I watched as someone who was getting points just ran away with it giving me no chance to get it back before closing. Cyrodiil leaderboards are the same. Most leaderboards in a lot of games are too. You're also not factoring in the fact that better performance mean more points and therefore less time needed allowing for other activities.
  • StereoLiz
    StereoLiz
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU, the same problem. All 3 leaderbords envolved. No matter - win or loose - it happens sometimes randomly.
  • ChiknAriseMcFro
    At this point I think I'm just gonna give up. This game is just getting awful and so boring that it's just not worth the hassle anymore. Clearly nobody cares except a very few of us who like running BGs.