The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Utterly unreasonable.

wrgagurl
wrgagurl
✭✭✭
Am I the only one who thinks paying over 7K gold just to color my armor is utterly unreasonable?
XBOX ONE X, NA
530CP
Magika Sorceror
Magika Warden
Magika Templar
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Painting armor is actually free, only painting an outfit costs gold. And you are paying for aesthetics, not something essential. It's actually a good thing that a game has gold sinks like this housing, guild trader fees and armor repairs, otherwise all the gold springs (even vendoring trash to NPCs) will flood the market with excess currency and make everything sold by players increasingly more expensive. For example you would find yourself unable to afford armor upgrades or plants to make potions instead of not being able to paint a costume.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wrgagurl wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks paying over 7K gold just to color my armor is utterly unreasonable?

You can make 7k gold in like 15 minutes. It's not a big deal and the game needed another gold sink.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes and no.

"Changing color on armor for 7k" sounds like way to much.

compared to "aquiring snipton of (rare) mats and recrafting <item>" just to change style, its kinda cheap & fair.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's for an outfit, just changing normal armour is free.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • wrgagurl
    wrgagurl
    ✭✭✭
    i just created some armor (which technically is an outfit) from the fang lair motif, it cost me gold to change the color. I'm not talking about changing from one armor to another, I'm discussing the cost of changing the armor(outfit) not costume, and the cost to color it.
    Edited by wrgagurl on July 6, 2018 5:57PM
    XBOX ONE X, NA
    530CP
    Magika Sorceror
    Magika Warden
    Magika Templar
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you used the Outfit Station to "create" this, you did not make armor, you made an outfit. Outfits cost gold or tokens to dye.

If you used a Clothing or Blacksmithing Station, then you made armor and that is free to dye.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• wrgagurl
    wrgagurl
    ✭✭✭
    ahhhh....so Nestor, if I actually go to a crafting station and craft the Fang Lair style then I would be able to color it for free?
    XBOX ONE X, NA
    530CP
    Magika Sorceror
    Magika Warden
    Magika Templar
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• wrgagurl
    wrgagurl
    ✭✭✭
    Thank YOU!!!!
    XBOX ONE X, NA
    530CP
    Magika Sorceror
    Magika Warden
    Magika Templar
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes its a non-needed gold sink...

Bare in mind outfits are bugged at this time.. if you use it you cannot unuse it, everytime you travel outfit comes back if you hide it..
    Edited by DanteYoda on July 7, 2018 1:17AM
  • UPrime
    UPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you think it's too much gold try acquiring the item without using the outfit system. See which is cheaper.
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »

Bare in mind outfits are bugged at this time.. if you use it you cannot unuse it, everytime you travel outfit comes back if you hide it..

WOW, sounds like I'm not missing much.

That bug will no doubt be fixed in no time flat. However:

I come to find most things in the World of commerce in this game is pretty expensive. I don't think tamriel has heard of common classes. Thus merchants are pretty set at the high class end of business. You wouldn't go to a 4 star or even 5 star restaurant in real life where minimum plates are $100 and expect to eat like McDonalds for $3.99? Besides, he's right :
    casparian wrote: »

You can make 7k gold in like 15 minutes. It's not a big deal and the game needed another gold sink.
    Grind a few delves or even go thru a few queued dungeons and make 20K in no time flat.

Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭

im not really into that either. im hoping the price comes down through disuse...eh.

im happy with the free costume coloring and armor coloring.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7k to color my outfit? I'm fine with that. I just redid all 15 toons the other day. It wasn't anywhere near 7k per toon. Most were 500 - 1000g for the recolor. If you're changing the entire outfit and weapons as well as color it's still not that bad unless you want to change it repeatedly and ZOS has just the solution for that... for $15 per toon. Now that is a price I take issue with.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Considering I EARNED those colors through achievements, yes, it is unreasonable.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Painting armor is actually free, only painting an outfit costs gold. And you are paying for aesthetics, not something essential. It's actually a good thing that a game has gold sinks like this housing, guild trader fees and armor repairs, otherwise all the gold springs (even vendoring trash to NPCs) will flood the market with excess currency and make everything sold by players increasingly more expensive. For example you would find yourself unable to afford armor upgrades or plants to make potions instead of not being able to paint a costume.

This is pretty much it. And unlike armor the outfit can stay the same since it is not affected by changes in our builds.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ahhhh....so Nestor, if I actually go to a crafting station and craft the Fang Lair style then I would be able to color it for free?

But you can't create it without all the materials. An outfit requires no materials, because it's only an appearance. But it costs gold, instead of mats, to do that.

Also, you can make a Fang Lair heavy Cuirass and it will be heavy armour. You can appear to wear one, as an outfit, while your actual armour is all light, or medium, and you get all the bonuses for that.
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of unreasonable,

have you seen the prices in the CS lately? 4k Crowns for a recoloured stag? Kidding me?!

1200 for non-combat pets that are completely worthless? 200 for dyes?????????????????????????????

Where is this heading.

giphy.gif

Edited by Inoki on July 13, 2018 5:14PM
  • thrillho5000
    thrillho5000
    ✭✭
    It's not real-life money so no, it doesn't trouble me. You can make that kind of money in a single Undaunted pledge, after selling all the accumulated Ornate armor.
    Main: Thavrin of Ill Omen
    Class: screwup Dual-Wield Stamblade DPS/Tank hybrid, aka "The Near-Death Experience"
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Inoki wrote: »
    Speaking of unreasonable,

have you seen the prices in the CS lately? 4k Crowns for a recoloured stag? Kidding me?!

1200 for non-combat pets that are completely worthless? 200 for dyes?????????????????????????????

Where is this heading.

giphy.gif

Best Dr Who they ever had.. bar none.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chaz wrote: »
    DanteYoda wrote: »

WOW, sounds like I'm not missing much.

That bug will no doubt be fixed in no time flat.

It’s been at least a month now and the bug is not fixed. Gina said they are “working on” it. No mention of it in the PTS patchnotes. Hoping for a hot fix soon but as of now it doesn’t look like it will be fixed in the near future let alone in “no time flat.”
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • K1NGPALM3R1
    K1NGPALM3R1
    ✭✭
    Don't see an issue with it, If it something you want then pay for it and make yourself look unique. My inventory space is at 190 I don't get the merchant out until I run out space check over the Gear/trash then sell nice seeing 10k just from looting stuff.

MagSorc - Lorddaley PVE
    MagDK - Zantho PVP
    Stamblade - Erindos PVP
    MagSorc - GetRekt PVP
    VHR, VAA,VAS, VMA, VMOL,
    'Ah that mudcrab had a set of greaves on him'
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like they made outfit creating and dying expensive because they want us to buy outfit slots and tokens...

That said, I don't mind the cost for creating the outfit but it would be nice if dying said outfit were free. I would have more gold to spend on Housing lol
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes i agree with you, but as long as the marketing geniuses did not charge us CROWNS for that service i really dont talk alot about it!!!
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes i agree with you, but as long as the marketing geniuses did not charge us CROWNS for that service i really dont talk alot about it!!!
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7K gold is not so much if it's still gold not crowns. Also the more gold it needs to pay the more unique is the armor, it's fully understandable. Want a special gear, be ready to pay more.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    7K gold is not so much if it's still gold not crowns. Also the more gold it needs to pay the more unique is the armor, it's fully understandable. Want a special gear, be ready to pay more.

I think we must delete our posts that mention crowns..
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I resent being forced to pay to use dyes I have already taken the time to unlock, I don't care what the price is, end of story. And there's no way I'm paying real money in order to use colors I've already unlocked on additional outfits. Ergo, I do not participate in this nonsense.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For those not into housing, then I guess this gold sink was necessary, but housing is a huge gold sink if you care about it. Furnishing plans are not cheap (though some styles are, relatively speaking) and the houses themselves aren't all cheap. It adds up. I'd have several millions more gold if housing was not in this game. So, I haven't bothered with the outfit system at all (except using the free motifs on a couple of characters - no dying).

It's a matter of priorities. For me, an extra 10k is not going toward a new outfit, it's going toward a new furnishing plan I don't have or for a new house. I don't need a gold sink, but I'm aware that others do, especially if they don't care at all about housing, which is the biggest gold sink in this game.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    For those not into housing, then I guess this gold sink was necessary, but housing is a huge gold sink if you care about it. Furnishing plans are not cheap (though some styles are, relatively speaking) and the houses themselves aren't all cheap. It adds up. I'd have several millions more gold if housing was not in this game. So, I haven't bothered with the outfit system at all (except using the free motifs on a couple of characters - no dying).

It's a matter of priorities. For me, an extra 10k is not going toward a new outfit, it's going toward a new furnishing plan I don't have or for a new house. I don't need a gold sink, but I'm aware that others do, especially if they don't care at all about housing, which is the biggest gold sink in this game.

And the thing that really annoys me there, is that I can pay more in the Guild stores for a single furnishing plan than the empty house cost.