The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Harvest Node Farmers

Dominicano_FleddyFlu
Have anyone have said anything about dealing with these Harvest Node Farmers, the do it so openly without Issues. There are 12 peeps right now standing at the nodes of the NE coast of Stros M;kay they have been there for more than 8 hours. It's kind of annoying but more annoying is that nothing is done about it
  • Dominicano_FleddyFlu
    God I cant harvest anything here they are everywhere
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can't cover every node in every zone. Yes, they are annoying, but it's probably best to move to another zone. Report them if you think ZOS might do something about it and go to Eastmarch or Gold Coast or Greenshade where there is practically nobody. Even without bots, starter islands tend to have lots of people harvesting nodes.
    Options
  • Dominicano_FleddyFlu
    Thanks Red, I just feel very annoyed I when I see this, I hope they can do something bout it.
    Or maybe I should look for a harvesting bot, seems is allowed
    Options
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they are BOTS report them. You will know most BOTs because their names are scrambled so you cannot read them and enter their names in a Customer Report. Something like this "oadifoiujou879s70s690s". Bot Scanner 2000 is an addon that will scan them all and enter all the information into the Customer Reports for you. Works very well. I use it to report BOTS quite a bit.
    Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IF they are NOT Bots however... they have every right to be there just as you .... I farm mats on a regular basis and always see others doing the same... so if its actual players who are farming for mats where you are trying to then try farming in another location
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
    Options
  • Dominicano_FleddyFlu
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »
    IF they are NOT Bots however... they have every right to be there just as you .... I farm mats on a regular basis and always see others doing the same... so if its actual players who are farming for mats where you are trying to then try farming in another location
    y

You do not have the right to occupy a whole area by placing a bunch of characters in the harvesting nodes, you are been disrespectful to other players and taking their opportunity to harvest something,
    Options
  • Dominicano_FleddyFlu
    If they are BOTS report them. You will know most BOTs because their names are scrambled so you cannot read them and enter their names in a Customer Report. Something like this "oadifoiujou879s70s690s". Bot Scanner 2000 is an addon that will scan them all and enter all the information into the Customer Reports for you. Works very well. I use it to report BOTS quite a bit.

Good Idea, thanks, Bot Scanner works with PS4?
    Options
  • danielclarkb16_ESO
    danielclarkb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    There's nothing in the rules to suggest that they can't harvest - it's a perfectly good way of making gold. I have no issues with it - and I do it myself. Use the odd add on to mark the nodes I've previously visited to make them easier to find again. If I find too many people harvesting in one zone - I move to a different zone. It's not rocket science.
    Edited by danielclarkb16_ESO on July 6, 2018 1:00PM
    Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    y

You do not have the right to occupy a whole area by placing a bunch of characters in the harvesting nodes, you are been disrespectful to other players and taking their opportunity to harvest something,

i never said i have a bunch of characters on at once .... i play 1 character at a time.... i only have ONE character I farm mats with ... i have a route i run which everyone else does the same which IS part of the game
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on July 6, 2018 12:58PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
    Options
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    y

If these characters are moving together and doing the exact same movements from node to node then you know they are BOTS. BOTS are all over the place in this game and must be reported. Sooner or later someone from ZOS will get around to banning them.
    Options
  • Dominicano_FleddyFlu
    y

If these characters are moving together and doing the exact same movements from node to node then you know they are BOTS. BOTS are all over the place in this game and must be reported. Sooner or later someone from ZOS will get around to banning them.

That wouldnt be a bot that is Boxing, something different, these guys are standing on the node for Hours, I will report them once I get a way to get their names.
    Options
  • Dominicano_FleddyFlu
    y

i never said i have a bunch of characters on at once .... i play 1 character at a time.... i only have ONE character I farm mats with ... i have a route i run which everyone else does the same which IS part of the game

I apologize If I misunderstood your reply
    Options
  • Dominicano_FleddyFlu

Good Idea, thanks, Bot Scanner works with PS4?

doesn't work on PS4 :-(
    Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if they are just standing in 1 spot for hours that is the WORST way to farm mats lol .... could possibly be a bot though... i'd report .... not sure if it will do anything though :/ i've reported my fair share of bots and STILL see them in game
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on July 6, 2018 1:08PM

Options
  • Dominicano_FleddyFlu
    I know they do something, but these people make a living of this, when they get banned they just buy the game again and make another account. I think that ESO should make the harvest nodes spam in random locations.
    Options
  • Dominicano_FleddyFlu
    if they are just standing in 1 spot for hours that is the WORST way to farm mats lol .... could possibly be a bot though... i'd report .... not sure if it will do anything though :/ i've reported my fair share of bots and STILL see them in game

Dude I've seen 12 Chars in the same spot since yesterday at 07:00 PM EST, they are still at the same place now

Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude I've seen 12 Chars in the same spot since yesterday at 07:00 PM EST, they are still at the same place now

i'd def report and HOPE that ZOS actually does something about it .... keep in mind though .... if they DO end up banning them... you will NEVER know that it was done because they can't inform you of "hey you were right... we took care of that problem" ....

when it comes to BOTS... im all for them getting banned because it takes away from REAL players game play

Options
  • Dominicano_FleddyFlu
    I know they get banned, maybe they are banning them right now. The Issue is that they just buy the game again and start doing it with another Char.-

I really think they should make Harvesting nodes spam in random locations so they sweat for their cash. Now I've just noticed that some types of nodes (Alchemist and Tailor ) are not spamming in the same place like they used to before, I remember when I played on PC tall type of harvest nodes used to spam at the same place.............

Only Rocks and Runes are popping at the same location, so I hope they are working on making all harvest nodes spam in random places.
    Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know they get banned, maybe they are banning them right now. The Issue is that they just buy the game again and start doing it with another Char.-

I really think they should make Harvesting nodes spam in random locations so they sweat for their cash. Now I've just noticed that some types of nodes (Alchemist and Tailor ) are not spamming in the same place like they used to before, I remember when I played on PC tall type of harvest nodes used to spam at the same place.............

Only Rocks and Runes are popping at the same location, so I hope they are working on making all harvest nodes spam in random places.

they should ban IP's ... even people who have been banned for CE just buy a new account and start over.... but unfortunately all you, me, anyone can do is report and move on
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on July 6, 2018 1:36PM

Options
  • Dominicano_FleddyFlu

they should ban IP's ... even people who have been banned for CE just buy a new account and start over.... but unfortunately all you, me, anyone can do is report and move on

Sad but true, thanks
    Options